Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Even Weddle didn't do crap like that.
    Not sure what this means. A shot against Rivers? Weddle shot off his mouth bad mouthing. Rivers has been quiet and classy.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

I could see Rivers in Tennessee a contender (nice uniforms as well, 2nd best?). Move to like Columbia TN an hour from Nashville and a hour from Decatur, AL and no income tax.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...argers-in-2020

Another factor that could lead to Rivers and the Chargers separating is, per La Canfora, "Rivers' lack of interest in promoting the move to Los Angeles—he spends upwards of four hours a day in his car commuting back to San Diego—has not gone unnoticed, either, which some in the organization believe could be a critical element moving forward."

As one source told La Canfora, "He doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with L.A., at a time when the team is actually completing its relocation to L.A."

- one would assume the source is someone in the Charger organization instructed to approach La Canfora and give him this tidbit.

An anonymous source possibly within the organization.
        Translation...LaCanfora was guessing.

So here's my guess.
        The Rivers Family planned to move during this particular off season some time ago.
        Stability and the best surroundings for the kids was a major factor.
        It does not necessarily mean Rivers won't play for the Chargers in 2020.
        He can always get a condo near SoFi and Skype with his family on a daily basis.
        Lynn said "who wouldn't want this production."
        Spanos wants Rivers.
        Rivers wants to play.
        We are one season removed from 12-4.
        Relax...we're on to Inglewood.

With all due respect this whole take sounds pretty damn stupid, Jason & Vincent, you click baiting sluts.
        Is Rivers supposed to be standing around on La Cienaga Blvd passing out flyers or something ?
        Rivers has done a lot of work in promoting the move to LA.
        For example he has busted his ass to play winning football...
        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-19-2020, 08:02 PM.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So here's my guess.
          The Rivers Family planned to move during this particular off season some time ago.
          Spanos wants Rivers.
          Rivers wants to play.

With all due respect this whole take sounds pretty damn stupid, Jason & Vincent, you click baiting sluts.
          Is Rivers supposed to be standing around on La Cienaga Blvd passing out flyers or something ?

what could be more LA than sitting in traffic 4 hrs a day?

Comment

• El_Tee
            I’m No Noob
            • Sep 2019
            • Disney World, FL
            • Send PM

Thanks for posting Blue. Hadn’t seen it and now I know I probably didn’t.

This whole thing is very weird. Rivers totally fine to not get extended and then what seems like a quick move but as Wu said it could’ve been in the works for a while.

Who knows? Personally I just want us to draft a real QB prospect in rounds 1-2 and invest in the OL (and I’ve been outspoken with how awful Telesco is at drafting OL but perhaps they’ll get it right).

i don’t mind if we bring back Rivers for the transition, but I sure wish he was affordable and I don’t really want to argue with peeps about what “affordable” looks like. My number would seem unrealistic to some fans but not unrealistic to a team with some real needs and not a lot to go around if we drop $30m on a QB.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Could just be that the team has decided to move on from Rivers and let him know privately and he just decided to relocate close to his family, which is what he has said he do previously.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Anyone know how long it takes from Florida to LA in a private jet?
                with the interior carved out to make room for film study tools of course.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Anyone know how long it takes from Florida to LA in a private jet?
                  with the interior carved out to make room for film study tools of course.
                  We are only two centuries away from the invention of transporters. In the future, NFL players will never have to leave their college dorm room.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So here's my guess.
                    Spanos wants Rivers.
                    Rivers wants to play.

I like your optimism Wu-dai.

La Canfora's job is not to guess, he's the designated recipient of information organizations want to get out.
                    The 'anonymous' sources are all well know within the organizations. 'Leaking' info is part of their job for the day.
                    There is nothing clandestine about their act. Chargers were going to move on from Rivers, as La Canfora reported.
                    They didn't want to appear to be the bad guy by cutting Rivers lose, so they wanted to tarnish him a bit. If anything,
                    Dean Spanos is about (messing up) public relations.

Rivers has spoken about wanting to play in the new stadium. I don't think he changed his mind.
                    I would guess Telesco wouldn't mind having him return, given they have no one to replace him.
                    Lynn and Spanos overruled him: Lynn, because of his own myopic conception of football, and Dean Spanos due to his paranoid
                    personality - Rivers betrayed the organization by not doing summersaults for the relocation.
                    Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-19-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Not sure what this means. A shot against Rivers? Weddle shot off his mouth bad mouthing. Rivers has been quiet and classy.
                      While Rivers remained quiet and classy, the Charger organization went to the media and suggested Rivers was selfish , aloof and disloyal.
                      Weddle never went that far.

That's what i meant.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Just another star player unceremoniously dumped by the Chargers. It never seems to end well for our stars.

Thanks Phil and don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

While Rivers remained quiet and classy, the Charger organization went to the media and suggested Rivers was selfish , aloof and disloyal.
                          Weddle never went that far.

That's what i meant.
                          So you are comparing a player with the front office I think? That's where I got confused instead of comparing front office to front office, ie. A.J. Smith and Marty etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X