Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Could just be that the team has decided to move on from Rivers and let him know privately and he just decided to relocate close to his family, which is what he has said he do previously.
    Agreed

Comment

• Electric Chicken
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

True. But most teams extend a player a year early if that year was a great year, which it was.
      Good thing they did not,,,, I love Rivers but its time for change
      Last edited by Electric Chicken; 01-20-2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I’d like to see a proper send off for PR, but there’s no stone set yet. He does’t have a new team, Chargers have’s officially declined ... Jan 20 may just be too soon. Or could be another low class tone deaf Spanos faceplant. TBD still for me ... though I wouldn’t bet on the progeny getting it right.

Weddle was a douche. he had a very good contract and became a complete bitch about it. Jmo i know others strongly disagree. Thats ok. Just my take. Overrated imo and hardly compares to a starting QB like Philip.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          I’d like to see a proper send off for PR, but there’s no stone set yet. He does’t have a new team, Chargers have’s officially declined ... Jan 20 may just be too soon. Or could be another low class tone deaf Spanos faceplant. TBD still for me ... though I wouldn’t bet on the progeny getting it right.

Weddle was a douche. he had a very good contract and became a complete bitch about it. Jmo i know others strongly disagree. Thats ok. Just my take. Overrated imo and hardly compares to a starting QB like Philip.
          Weddle was a dooshe about it. He signed a 5 year 40m contract and he got every penny. How many players sign that contract and don't have it restructured or waived by Year 5. Now, Weddle had EVERY right to ask for a contract extension. The Chargers have EVERY right to wait until the season. I don't blame Weddle for asking - why not. But how he handled after, was like you said, dooshe bag 101

As for Rivers - maybe he is just moving his family as its time - he may or may not play for the Bolts. His kids are older - they were going to retire there so he can coach football. Now he might not be coming back - but like Brady - the market is small. I think Brady will be a Raider - they are dumb enough to do it and overpay him.

Comment

• El_Tee
            I’m No Noob
            • Sep 2019
            • Disney World, FL
            • Send PM

I still don’t know why Gates was a press release of sorts and not a press conference/interview.

I know when guys are traded they release statements instead of getting a “endorses by their old tram” live mic.

But HOF retirement seems diff to me.

Rivers TBD I guess.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I have been preparing for the possibility of life without Rivers all along...and still feel it's possible....but also feel it's still not a lock. He may very well have decided that if he returns to the Chargers, he would do so distraction free, and that it was time to move his family anyway...100 percent focused on football the next 1-2 years, football home in LA, no more 4 hour commutes.

I have made peace with either scenario...just wish a commitment from either or both sides would be made, so fans can move on and focus on how the team proceeds...

As for Brady...I would seriously consider abandoning the Bolts while Brady wears the jersey...it's a shameless publicity stunt, designed to sell tickets. It won't build fanbase...people will just show up to see the circus act....and then disappear when they realize the dancing bear is old and boring. I'll be cheering the minute I hear Brady has signed back with NE, or signed elsewhere, anywhere but here.

If they have decided to move on from Phil, I have no problem with Tyrod...short term...better than forcing the issue with a draft pick this year...only take a QB if you are in love with the guy, and even if you do, sit him for a year...I figure if Rivers isn't back, we gonna see Tyrod no matter who we pick this year.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                I have been preparing for the possibility of life without Rivers all along...and still feel it's possible....but also feel it's still not a lock. He may very well have decided that if he returns to the Chargers, he would do so distraction free, and that it was time to move his family anyway...100 percent focused on football the next 1-2 years, football home in LA, no more 4 hour commutes.

I have made peace with either scenario...just wish a commitment from either or both sides would be made, so fans can move on and focus on how the team proceeds...

As for Brady...I would seriously consider abandoning the Bolts while Brady wears the jersey...it's a shameless publicity stunt, designed to sell tickets. It won't build fanbase...people will just show up to see the circus act....and then disappear when they realize the dancing bear is old and boring. I'll be cheering the minute I hear Brady has signed back with NE, or signed elsewhere, anywhere but here.

If they have decided to move on from Phil, I have no problem with Tyrod...short term...better than forcing the issue with a draft pick this year...only take a QB if you are in love with the guy, and even if you do, sit him for a year...I figure if Rivers isn't back, we gonna see Tyrod no matter who we pick this year.
                I'm with you bro, I'm in total agreement of every single word of your post.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Unless you know... we start winning games with TB
                  then ya know, you’ll still “consider abandoning” but magically decide not to.
                  btw, I thought a few months ago you were adamant about leaving if/when Rivers was gone? Now we’re adding more conditions?
                  I ask because it’s embarrassing enough to watch the product the field, but having people wear bolt gear waddling around in self pity is a poor representation of the rest of us.
                  I know you’re a smart and nice guy but I know I’m not the only one effected this way. So please stop with these lame threats. This is a Chargers FAN forum, not a fucking psycho-therapy session
                  I would PM this but I also want to encourage everyone to take a similar stance. Man up. Cut the fat.

X2 foreigner. Every single word.

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                    I still don’t know why Gates was a press release of sorts and not a press conference/interview.

I know when guys are traded they release statements instead of getting a “endorses by their old tram” live mic.

But HOF retirement seems diff to me.

Rivers TBD I guess.
                    That's the way this organization and the Spanos handles things. LT, Gates, Seau, Harrison, San Diego....its the MO of this franchise. The New England owner even commented on it a decade or so ago.
                    Something akin to "you don't treat people that way". It had to do with Seau methinks.... I can't remember... I do remember my dad commenting on it.

Its no coincidence the Chargers always end up falling short. The Spanos are complete douche bags.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Unless you know... we start winning games with TB
                      then ya know, you’ll still “consider abandoning” but magically decide not to.
                      btw, I thought a few months ago you were adamant about leaving if/when Rivers was gone? Now we’re adding more conditions?
                      I ask because it’s embarrassing enough to watch the product the field, but having people wear bolt gear waddling around in self pity is a poor representation of the rest of us.
                      I know you’re a smart and nice guy but I know I’m not the only one effected this way. So please stop with these lame threats. This is a Chargers FAN forum, not a fucking psycho-therapy session
                      I would PM this but I also want to encourage everyone to take a similar stance. Man up. Cut the fat.

X2 foreigner. Every single word.
                      I'm holding on by a thread with this franchise. Another flop year and the eventual revolving door of another GM/head coach replacements and i'm gone.

I will not be holding a press conference, nor make a press release.....i'll go out Spanos style.

I'll go out as a non entity whimper.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Agree with you on Brady...i'd be actively routing against the Chargers. That would be a slamming the door in my face move.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

It saddens me that we will have to once again witness a young QB win their first superbowl while a veteran like PR is home. Painful to think the Chargers organization in all likelyhood has squandered the career of a future hall of Famer with their piss poor management and inability to put a good product out on the field yet again. Very disheartening. My only hope is Rivers gets to go to a more complete team and get a ring the way Brees was able to

Comment

Working...
                          X