Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes, that was front office speak....none of them directly said they wanted him back. Sure, they complemented his skills, but nothing more.
    Rivers didn't go to the media and complain when it was crystal clear they weren't resigning him.

He kept it in house to the end.....complete class.

Now you are finding fault with him for selling his house and moving?
    Sure they wouldn't mind having him back but not at $25+ million per season...that's why I find it laughable that we will pick up Brady. That would do absolutely nothing for the chargers longterm. Better to burn an entire season on a rookie QB and save the coin for signing bosa etc. etc....
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree...... there are jobs here for young people..... but you have to make good enough money to afford 1 million plus for a home...... and taxes are the highest in nation and democrats are desperately trying to raise taxes massively to pay for all their special interests that keep them in office.....

If I didn't have too stay here in CA because of family, i would leave like most smart hard working people are doing........ CA is so full of themselves .... the democrat politicians here are continuing to raise taxes, driving away businesses and good hard working people..... eventually this state will only be for elite wealthy extreme democrats..... no one else can afford it....... CA hates law enforcement and military....... they won't execute mass murderers, and love to set criminals free....... CA is crazy ..... worst managed state in thew union......

Rivers family will have a much better life almost anywhere else.....
      Now, i'm starting to wonder if you have any thought that makes half sense. And no, i'm not a Democrat.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        Brady to Tennessee does sound like a move both sides would go for (although is a 43 year old Brady an upgrade over the way Tannehill has played?)

As I've said before this could be more Rivers wanting to leave the Chargers than the Chargers wanting to leave Rivers. He was never offered an extension after going 12-4, he seems to not like to play 16 road games. If so I am hoping the Chargers Franchise Tag him because we were 12-4 in 18 and without him there is no way we do that well in 2020 with anyone else in my opinion unless we get Brees (Cincy already said they won't trade their #1 pick).

As for California, the population is out of control, as Ann Coulter has said, imagine how much better traffic would be without over 10 M undocumented immigrants? I for one have thought about buying a small parcel of land in Nevada (and stay in CA) and using that as my address for my (remote) job so no more 10% state income tax for me and my spouse (also remote) would save us a lot of money.
        I know quite a few individuals as well as businesses who have moved to Nevada for that very reason. 10 percent savings is huge.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree...... there are jobs here for young people..... but you have to make good enough money to afford 1 million plus for a home...... and taxes are the highest in nation and democrats are desperately trying to raise taxes massively to pay for all their special interests that keep them in office.....

If I didn't have too stay here in CA because of family, i would leave like most smart hard working people are doing........ CA is so full of themselves .... the democrat politicians here are continuing to raise taxes, driving away businesses and good hard working people..... eventually this state will only be for elite wealthy extreme democrats..... no one else can afford it....... CA hates law enforcement and military....... they won't execute mass murderers, and love to set criminals free....... CA is crazy ..... worst managed state in thew union......

Rivers family will have a much better life almost anywhere else.....
          I moved to CA from IL (both democratic run states) and as corrupt as CA is IL is worse (the new Dem Gov is talking about a exit tax if you want to move out of state). 1.25% property tax in CA 3% property tax in IL, so on a $400k home it is $1k per month, $12k per year for your property tax, even if your house is paid off you owe $1k per month the rest of your life.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Are you guys talking income tax vs. sales tax? Sales tax in most states is above 5% when combining all various factors. I think you guys are talking state income taxes right? Here's a map.
            Per capita sales in border counties in sales tax-free New Hampshire have tripled since the late 1950s, while per capita sales in border counties in Vermont have remained stagnant.

Comment

• El_Tee
              I’m No Noob
              • Sep 2019
              • Disney World, FL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes, that was front office speak....none of them directly said they wanted him back. Sure, they complemented his skills, but nothing more.
              Rivers didn't go to the media and complain when it was crystal clear they weren't resigning him.

He kept it in house to the end.....complete class.

Now you are finding fault with him for selling his house and moving?

Telesco said he wanted him back.

We do not know if Rivers was the one to not want to entertain an offer. He may have very well decided he wasn’t going to negotiate in good faith.

Do I think that was the case? It doesn’t matter. Nobody knows yet but the details will hopefully eventually leak out.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                Are you guys talking income tax vs. sales tax? Sales tax in most states is above 5% when combining all various factors. I think you guys are talking state income taxes right? Here's a map.
                https://taxfoundation.org/2020-sales-taxes/
                For income tax you'd want to have your home address for your job in either Nevada, Texas, Tenn, Florida and a few others at 0%.

For sales tax purchase your products in Oregon, Montana, Delaware or New Hampshire at 0% (unless a vehicle, it has to be titled to that state to qualify).

For property tax live in a house in Hawaii, Colorado, Louisiana, and a few others, (or possibly rent in other states if you don't want to live in those) on a $400k house your property tax would be only $2k ish per year at 0.5%.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Telesco said he wanted him back.

We do not know if Rivers was the one to not want to entertain an offer. He may have very well decided he wasn’t going to negotiate in good faith.

Do I think that was the case? It doesn’t matter. Nobody knows yet but the details will hopefully eventually leak out.
                  Keep rivers for two years and not sign Bosa, Allen, Henry etc. etc. or keep these players and sign offensive linemen or possibly draft Tua and wait a year for him to heal and move forward.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lynn probably looks at the Titans and drools and tells TT that’s the kind of team he wants to build.
                    Gonna build it Tevi Tough.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Tannehill, please. He's been playing at a ridiculously high level on a 1 year deal in Tennessee. Ryan Tannehill will hit true pay-dirt today or free agency tomorrow.

Philip is rerooting his children, my bet is back near Decatur, Alabama, so his own oldest boys can played football in Decatur High, Philip know the entire staff there. I wish Philip the best, but I've moved on.
                      Fleet of TPB fame with the scoop of the decade.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gonna build it Tevi Tough.
                        I'd laugh but I wanna cry

Comment

• El_Tee
                          I’m No Noob
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Disney World, FL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Keep rivers for two years and not sign Bosa, Allen, Henry etc. etc. or keep these players and sign offensive linemen or possibly draft Tua and wait a year for him to heal and move forward.
                          Agreed, I’m not pining to keep Rivers. Not at all. But I’ll support the decision if they do. More than anything, don’t pass up on a QB at #6. Unless they think their guy will be available in the 2nd round. But man oh man, don’t mess it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X