Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

How did 2 teams from the AFC W make it to the playoffs? I don't remember the 79 playoff rules. No wild card back then correct?
    The Chargers played the Raiders in the 1980 AFC championship game in San Diego. It was a great game that we should have won and we would have beat Philly in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

"No risk it--no biscuit."
      Bruce Arians

"I'm coming to Tampa--Grandpa"
      Philip Rivers
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Chargers played the Raiders in the 1980 AFC championship game in San Diego. It was a great game that we should have won and we would have beat Philly in the Super Bowl.
        I understand. How did 2 afc west teams make the playoffs if there were no wild cards back then? How was it possible? What were the playoff rules back then? AFC got 4 teams regardless of division?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I understand. How did 2 afc west teams make the playoffs if there were no wild cards back then? How was it possible? What were the playoff rules back then? AFC got 4 teams regardless of division?
          Look it up and get back to us

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

There were 3 division champions (Buffalo, Cleveland, San Diego) and one wildcard team (the Raiders). There was no wildcard round.
            If i remember correctly, that came into being in 1982 (the strike shortened season) when the Chargers beat Pittsburgh, and then lost to Miami, who lost to the eventual conference champions.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Chargers played that game without Mount Washington, there LT. I didn't realize that until i re watched the game on youtube. Hendricks had a field day with his replacement.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Unless you know... we start winning games with TB
                then ya know, you’ll still “consider abandoning” but magically decide not to.
                btw, I thought a few months ago you were adamant about leaving if/when Rivers was gone? Now we’re adding more conditions?
                I ask because it’s embarrassing enough to watch the product the field, but having people wear bolt gear waddling around in self pity is a poor representation of the rest of us.
                I know you’re a smart and nice guy but I know I’m not the only one effected this way. So please stop with these lame threats. This is a Chargers FAN forum, not a fucking psycho-therapy session
                I would PM this but I also want to encourage everyone to take a similar stance. Man up. Cut the fat.

X2 foreigner. Every single word.
                You must have me confused with someone else...the only threat I have ever made is a hiatus from being a Charger fan if Brady is signed here.

Not a lame threat...Brady is an ass, and a cheater, and if I don't want to root for him, I won't. That simple. No self pity....all about self respect.
                Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-20-2020, 05:04 PM.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You must have me confused with someone else...the only threat I have ever made is a hiatus from being a Charger fan if Brady is signed here.
                  Okay then I’m sorry if I am.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Where in Florida is the house?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                      Where in Florida is the house?
                      Blue Mountain Beach.
                      The tasteful interior design
                      is by Tiffany Rivers'
                      best friend from high school.

that's all I got...

:runaway:
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I don't see anyone who's here posting 5, 10. 20 posts a day being finished with LAC over any player, coach, or result. there were hundreds of prior players, coaches and results that never could trigger such a departure, this is nothing new - its just the newest version of the same. we're approaching 60 years of this and we all know that grown men (women too?) don't just switch their team.

i could be wrong, a few threateners at my last forum home actually did depart for good. but they were few. for the most part, you're here because you can't quit them. just internalize, admit, accept, step through whatever steps of grief and recovery are needed, and deal with this imperfect relationship that has involved you despite all feelings and common sense.

we are bolt fans. it just is.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yeah If Bradys dumb cheatin ass comes here I'll find somethin worthwhile to do Sundays until he gets his ass broke behind Tommyjohns awesome o line.Lame.

Comment

Working...
                          X