Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If they trade him, it's 18+ mil. If they restructure him it's 0. Then he can move on and maybe start elsewhere.....unless he wants to sit behind Minshew.

Or maybe Rivers goes to Tampa Bay. Not sure how long Bruce Arians would want a 38 year old QB but Winston and his 30 INTs are on the open market as well
    They need to send him back to Philly, lol. They got rid of the wrong QB. Wentz is made of glass.

Tampa is a real possibility as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but I don't know the first thing about that team if it would be a good situation for him or not.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

If he isnt playing for the Chargers

I would think he signs with one of these 6 teams.

Colts
      Titans
      Jaguars
      Dolphins
      Panthers
      Buccaneers

And Rivers moving on makes me think Brady coming to LA is a bit more likely to happen. I thought that rumor was nonsense. But I think Brady may want to prove to himself and the football world that he can take another team to the playoffs. He may go to the Titans if Vrabel wants him.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I can understand why the team might let Rivers go, but if they pencil Taylor in as our starting QB (unless it is for a very short time while a rookie QB learns) than they are absolutely nuts. The ceiling is so low with Taylor that we are literally wasting every season he starts as we have zero hope of competing. This could indeed turn back into the dark days of Babe Laufenberg and Mark Malone - how utterly depressing that would be.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Whether wise I agree but after that, CA sux ass. Taxes up the young yang, everything is more costly, can't do this, can't have that, can't even smoke in a bar. I don't even smoke and think that's bullshit, expensive as fuck, worst Governers ever taking the state down the shitter, terrible illegals situation.

The tech business in the Bay Area is good but its expanding all over. Google building a huge facility in Henderson,NV. Amazon adding buildings here, Zappos has been here. No wonder there are so many CA people moving here.
          Agree...... there are jobs here for young people..... but you have to make good enough money to afford 1 million plus for a home...... and taxes are the highest in nation and democrats are desperately trying to raise taxes massively to pay for all their special interests that keep them in office.....

If I didn't have too stay here in CA because of family, i would leave like most smart hard working people are doing........ CA is so full of themselves .... the democrat politicians here are continuing to raise taxes, driving away businesses and good hard working people..... eventually this state will only be for elite wealthy extreme democrats..... no one else can afford it....... CA hates law enforcement and military....... they won't execute mass murderers, and love to set criminals free....... CA is crazy ..... worst managed state in thew union......

Rivers family will have a much better life almost anywhere else.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
            Rivers has shown to be immature at times on the field. Why this should truly surprise people that remove their homer glasses?

Nothing leaked that the team was moving on.

Rivers was outspoken to say that not being extended didn’t bother him.

He acted in his presser like he was saying goodbye without saying goodbye.

Telesco and Lynn were both vocal they wanted him back. That could be front office speak.

Rivers never gave a “final thank you” press conference.

Now, Rivers and family hastily pack up and move, way before they’d ever have to.

Yes, that was front office speak....none of them directly said they wanted him back. Sure, they complemented his skills, but nothing more.
            Rivers didn't go to the media and complain when it was crystal clear they weren't resigning him.

He kept it in house to the end.....complete class.

Now you are finding fault with him for selling his house and moving?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes, that was front office speak....none of them directly said they wanted him back. Sure, they complemented his skills, but nothing more.
              Rivers didn't go to the media and complain when it was crystal clear they weren't resigning him.

He kept it in house to the end.....complete class.

Now you are finding fault with him for selling his house and moving?
              Whatever team Rivers goes to will be my second favorite team as I root for him to go to a SB. We sure won't be with Tyrod at QB.

We will be in the running for the first draft pick while Bosa also holds out. Which can be good for drafting Lawrence and with a bad record Lynn should be toast .....as should Telesco.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Whether wise I agree but after that, CA sux ass. Taxes up the young yang, everything is more costly, can't do this, can't have that, can't even smoke in a bar. I don't even smoke and think that's bullshit, expensive as fuck, worst Governers ever taking the state down the shitter, terrible illegals situation.

The tech business in the Bay Area is good but its expanding all over. Google building a huge facility in Henderson,NV. Amazon adding buildings here, Zappos has been here. No wonder there are so many CA people moving here.
                Denver, Austin, Nashville are all growing as well. Hopefully, more people leave Cali. Biggest problem is the population.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Denver, Austin, Nashville are all growing as well. Hopefully, more people leave Cali. Biggest problem is the population.
                  They can move but it just leaves you with still high priced everything and illegals you pay for. They aren't leaving while Newsome gives them free fucking healthcare that my sister's family can't get.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, it's really hard for me to envision myself living anywhere else. I love the California coast. It's a quick trip to OB to boogie board and explore Sunset Cliffs. Also take many excursions to local mountains, desert, and Mexico. And the Sierras might be my favorite place on planet Earth.

I'll stay here... with frequent visits to other states. I can see myself temporarily renting in other states and exploring those areas. In that case, I'd still keep my residence in San Diego... and use it as an income generator. I'll be passing my home on to my daughters at some point.

However, I have no problem with others moving out of California! It was this exodus into California that caused taxes to go up in the first place. Can't remember a time in the last 30 years we weren't expanding/improving infrastructure to accommodate "out-of-staters"....
                    California's population has doubled in almost a generation....that's insane. Too many people fleeing bad economies in other states. I'm not clear on why these same states are suddenly the model of sound governance.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Correct. The House seat is being lost to the burgeoning Sun Belt, where the snowbirds are retiring.

Still, before we get too down on California, it has a higher ranked economy than Russia.
                      I definitely agree the economy is powerful. 6th best economy in the world, Texas being the 10th I believe.

For me that's the main reason I stay. Business dealings. If I move elsewhere, I'd have to start over an reinvent myself.
                      Last edited by SDBORN; 01-19-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I can understand why the team might let Rivers go, but if they pencil Taylor in as our starting QB (unless it is for a very short time while a rookie QB learns) than they are absolutely nuts. The ceiling is so low with Taylor that we are literally wasting every season he starts as we have zero hope of competing. This could indeed turn back into the dark days of Babe Laufenberg and Mark Malone - how utterly depressing that would be.
                        This was so long ago that I had to look back...Laufenberg was fouts replacement and failure? 1988???? One and done 30 years ago? Thats like a fart in the pants for chargers history...I can remember the ryan leaf fiasco more readily because it lasted several years...LOL!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Brady to Tennessee does sound like a move both sides would go for (although is a 43 year old Brady an upgrade over the way Tannehill has played?)

As I've said before this could be more Rivers wanting to leave the Chargers than the Chargers wanting to leave Rivers. He was never offered an extension after going 12-4, he seems to not like to play 16 road games. If so I am hoping the Chargers Franchise Tag him because we were 12-4 in 18 and without him there is no way we do that well in 2020 with anyone else in my opinion unless we get Brees (Cincy already said they won't trade their #1 pick).

As for California, the population is out of control, as Ann Coulter has said, imagine how much better traffic would be without over 10 M undocumented immigrants? I for one have thought about buying a small parcel of land in Nevada (and stay in CA) and using that as my address for my (remote) job so no more 10% state income tax for me and my spouse (also remote) would save us a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                          X