• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
    Mahomes plays behind a far better oline and seems to always have speed on the offense. Give Rivers the Chief oline and more speed and I guarantee he has more production.

I call BS. There's no way Rivers wins that game against the 49ers with the pass rush they were getting. I could easily see 8-10 sacks against him.

Even when he manages to get outside the pocket, he can't make a throw on the run to save his life. I watched him closely and he completed what, 1 maybe 2 passes outside of the pocket all season?

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

I call BS. There's no way Rivers wins that game against the 49ers with the pass rush they were getting. I could easily see 8-10 sacks against him.

Even when he manages to get outside the pocket, he can't make a throw on the run to save his life. I watched him closely and he completed what, 1 maybe 2 passes outside of the pocket all season?
      If you are going to exaggerate why not take absurdity to its ultimate level? Rivers would have had 15-20 sacks and the only time he would get the passes off it would be an INT. There fixed the ridiculousness for you.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

If you are going to exaggerate why not take absurdity to its ultimate level? Rivers would have had 15-20 sacks and the only time he would get the passes off it would be an INT. There fixed the ridiculousness for you.
        Quite possibly, yes, he is that much of a statue. Thanks for adjusting accordingly.

What I find absurd is the constant denial and blame shifting that comes from the Rivers apologists.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Quite possibly, yes, he is that much of a statue. Thanks for adjusting accordingly.

What I find absurd is the constant denial and blame shifting that comes from the Rivers apologists.
          We have fallen on hard times when simply pointing out absurdity is now considered being an apologist. But if it makes you fell better then any port in the storm.

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We have fallen on hard times when simply pointing out absurdity is now considered being an apologist. But if it makes you fell better then any port in the storm.

You find it absurd that Rivers could be sacked 8 times in a game by a 49ers defense that looked to be one of the best we've seen in recent years yet he was sacked 5

times just recently by a pathetic Raiders team?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/...d-14819250.php

Even if we say the Olines are different, the pash rush the niners were getting against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl was ferocious, there's no way Rivers could have

avoided it in the manner that Mahomes did. To deny this is not looking at the reality of both of their skills.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

You find it absurd that Rivers could be sacked 8 times in a game by a 49ers defense that looked to be one of the best we've seen in recent years yet he was sacked 5

times just recently by a pathetic Raiders team?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/...d-14819250.php

Even if we say the Olines are different, the pash rush the niners were getting against the Chiefs in the Super Bowl was ferocious, there's no way Rivers could have

avoided it in the manner that Mahomes did. To deny this is not looking at the reality of both of their skills.
              So a one game aberration is what you base football takes on. Got it. QB's who diagnose plays faster and have a fast release get sacked much fewer times than running QB's. For all of Myhomies qualities a quick release and fast decision making is not his strengths. He is a great player but when you watch Rivers and other QB's like him Brady, Marino, Manning they get the ball out fast.Against the Broncos and their vaunted pass rush he was sacked ) times and against the Bears and their vaunted pass rush he was sacked once so his quick release helped there, Denver sacked Myhomie 3 times so I guess his mobility did not help much.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I watched him closely and he completed what, 1 maybe 2 passes outside of the pocket all season?
                Without getting in between you two love birds, Rivers completed dozens of passes outside the pocket. We know he isn't mobile and can't run, but c'mon.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

No fair counting completions to the other team!

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

haha completing passes to the other team. rivers DOES diagnose fast but if there is a fercocious pass he has NO mobility to get out of the pocket. and if he gets to the outside he rarely delivers crisp passes. there've been plenty of times where he gets to the outside and there's a guy there for him to complete the ball to but he is WAY off. I dont know of any other QB who is less accurate than rivers on the run. now his timing passes are a thing of beauty as evidenced by that crazy pass he made to bumpy-hands Benjamin on 4th down that eventually led to the win in KC a couple of seasons ago. when he's on with his timing it is really beautiful. but dont give him time and he falters cuz he is so statuesque.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Not all that different of a look for him.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          So weird to see IMO. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner and drink my sorrows away.

Comment

Working...
                          X