• Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I believe it was Drayton Florence with the head butt
    Was Florence the guy of "purple drank" fame?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Was Florence the guy of "purple drank" fame?
      Terrence Kiel. RIP.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I believe it was Drayton Florence with the head butt
        What did Phillips do then? I remember him having an after the whistle brain fart.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Marty fell in love w/Phil while coaching him @the SB.... Brees was perfectly fine as our QB, just didn't have the talent to work w/at WR....

personally liked Eli over Phil, and don't think you can say how Manning woulda done as a Charger.... personally like his composure over PR, who tended to be "chirpy" early on in his career.

do like that Phil has become more of a baller and gunslinger later in his career, and would like to see him for one more go 'round.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              Marty fell in love w/Phil while coaching him @the SB.... Brees was perfectly fine as our QB, just didn't have the talent to work w/at WR....

personally liked Eli over Phil, and don't think you can say how Manning woulda done as a Charger.... personally like his composure over PR, who tended to be "chirpy" early on in his career.

do like that Phil has become more of a baller and gunslinger later in his career, and would like to see him for one more go 'round.
              Eli wouldn't have done any better here. He has also thrown a lot more INTs than Phil has.
              Phil is a better QB imo than Eli.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

What did Phillips do then? I remember him having an after the whistle brain fart.
                Shaun Phillips was fine. He got injured in the 4rth quarter and did not return....another of the minor calamities that piled up on the Chargers that day.

Olivea got an unsportsmanlike penalty on the Chargers final extra point to give the Pats 15 extra yards starting off their infamous drive.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

The cool and composured Eli only existed for 2 playoff runs. Of which I always give Eli credit for however if you see the rest of his career you would think you're are watching a different QB. Eli routinely threw game sealing ints that many here believe is only a Rivers trait. That 2007 season many NY fans were calling for both Coughlin and Eli to be canned. If it weren't for them going the greatest run ever things could have ended up entirely different.

All in all Eli is not a better QB than Rivers. Going to the Giants was a blessing for him that league loved at the time.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

yeah Eli statistically is a far cry from Rivers. But as much as I hated him early in his career I came to respect his clutch play in the SB wins. Even the 1st one with the helmet catch he had to do some crazy Russel Wilson shit to get away from the sack. And the 2nd SB run I remember him being clutch throughout the POs, kinda like how Flacco was in his 1 SB run. But NO ONE would say Flacco is in the same breadth of Rivers. But those 2 guys came through clutch in the biggest of stages. Rivers up until this past year was still really good, not super clutch, but the 2018 win in Pitt and KC were things of beauties. I just wish there were a lot more of those as it seemed the clutchness was winding down as he aged. Early in his career I remember him being pretty clutch. Well good luck PR wherever you go. The bolts will be reeling for a while as they work out their idiocies but IMO it is time to move on. This is the year to go all-in on your future QB being as theyre slotted really high in the draft slotting.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                      THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                      Generous Donor
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Yes there were alot of players who screed up that day, but it was 4th and 11 from around mid field..... Marty should have called his defense over and reminded them that it was 4th and long and that all we had to do was bt the ball down...... players should know that but chargers have historically had some really stupid poorly coached players...... patriots never make mistakes like trying to pick off a ball on 4th and long....... that is football 101.........bat the ball down and game was over.....period.....simple decision to make, yet a talented but poorly coached poorly disciplined team made the blunder and many others......

Ive seen bellycheat call his defense over when they had a 2nd half 30 point lead but were getting sloppy tackling on a few plays losing focus.......... he reminded them to get focused and they shaped up and continued the onslaught...... they did not let the other team come back and get points, let alone win..... like chargers have historically done......
                      He did - there is NFL Films video of Schottenheimer saying almost exactly that on the sideline before that play. Actually I think he said "WHEN we get the interception, knock it down!"...so...its on McCree who said if he had it to do over again he would have done the same thing.

NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

When Eli had to carry his team, they generally folded. He only excelled when he he had lots of help.

Rivers carried marginal teams for years.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

He did - there is NFL Films video of Schottenheimer saying almost exactly that on the sideline before that play. Actually I think he said "WHEN we get the interception, knock it down!"...so...its on McCree who said if he had it to do over again he would have done the same thing.
                          I remember that IDIOT saying that! HOW THE FUCK do you get off saying something THAT STUPID?!!! That shows you're all about yourself and not the team, and just exactly how stupid you are! THAT was the year they woulda whooped up on any other contender and won the SB and Marty woulda retired one of the greatest coaches. FUCKING mcrib ruined the season for THE DUMBEST thing to do in that scenario! sorry mcrib...I love mcribs but mcstupid mccree is another story.

Comment

Working...
                          X