• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I fully expect Rivers to lead the colts to at least the division championsip behind by far the best OL he has ever had. This may make some feel like letting Rivers go was a mistake but it would only be a mistake if Chagers FO had somehow brought in a pro bowl OL while keeping Rivers and rest of team intact. Letting Rivers go allowed FO to resign other young star players as well as add players to help many other positions. If Rivers stayed the OL and other positions would still suck.

Rivers moving on will end up helping both franchises. It was also a good year for Chargers to draft a new QB high. If Rivers makes the playoffs I'm rooting for him to advance to the big game ...unless somehow the Chargers are also in playoffs and we play each other.....
    If Rivers Colts team does much better than our Bolts then we know that Rivers and a Real O line would have been the right move not ignoring the o line or downright suckin at building one.We shall see who is the better F.O. Colts or Bolts.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I think there was a riff between Lynn and Rivers. And every time Rivers just chucked it for an INT....Lynn took it personally. I dont think Lynn felt like he had any say with Rivers as his QB. And even with a terrible OL...sometimes just throwing the ball away is best. Live to fight another series.

Lynn - "Throw the ball away Phil"

Rivers..."Ill do whatever i want coach"

There is a reason why Lynn sort of comes off anti Rivers after the season ends.

Having fun mocking next years draft with that extra 3rd we get from Rivers though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I think there was a riff between Lynn and Rivers. And every time Rivers just chucked it for an INT....Lynn took it personally. I dont think Lynn felt like he had any say with Rivers as his QB. And even with a terrible OL...sometimes just throwing the ball away is best. Live to fight another series.

Having fun mocking next years draft with that extra 3rd we get from Rivers though.
        Well said and I’ve been prepping for the 2021 draft for awhile too. The 98th pick as a bonus for Phil is nice.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I agree, Fleet, that Lynn is probably relieved that Rivers is gone. Not because he does not like him, respect him, appreciate what he did in his career. But because it would always be Rivers' team as long as he was around. And that meant Lynn and his coaches adapting to what Rivers was good at/likes to do vs doing what Lynn might think is best for the chance to win.

I will always be a Rivers fan. But the other thing to keep in mind was that he was never able to get the team over the hump and he was on some pretty good and talented Charger teams over the years, in addition to the crappy ones.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I agree, Fleet, that Lynn is probably relieved that Rivers is gone. Not because he does not like him, respect him, appreciate what he did in his career. But because it would always be Rivers' team as long as he was around. And that meant Lynn and his coaches adapting to what Rivers was good at/likes to do vs doing what Lynn might think is best for the chance to win.

I will always be a Rivers fan. But the other thing to keep in mind was that he was never able to get the team over the hump and he was on some pretty good and talented Charger teams over the years, in addition to the crappy ones.

TG
            Well said.

A new CHAMPIONSHIP era of CHARGER football begins!

Go Sam Houston Texicans!

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Getting away from the Chargers has benefitted many players. Hopefully Rivers takes Indy to the Super Bowl.
              Lol, As long as he doesn’t play the Chargers on the way I’m rooting for it.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Interesting take. If there is truth to Lynn thinking it was Rivers team then Lynn is a weaker coach than I believe he is. If he’s tired of rivers trying to dig him out of a hole he shouldnt put his team in that position in the first place. Rivers didn’t go out there and just start air mailing it because he wanted to, he was under duress and behind over and over again. Rivers also made Lynn look like a good coach the year before so it works both ways.

A good coach knows how to handle strong personalities and win with them.

imho Lynn just wanted a mobile quarterback. He’s always coveted one and saw the first opportunity to push rivers out and get HIS guy.

If he doesn’t like seeing interceptions then he’s going to hate it when Herbert is learning the ropes after Tyrod leads us to a strong 9-7 record. I mean we all hope for more but we know what Tyrod is, he’s the best backup qb in the league.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

That doesn't sound like Rivers, but it could be the old in one ear - out the other scenario: quarterback vs. running back mindset.
                  Lynn also had a riff with the offensive coordinator - fired him mid season.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If Rivers Colts team does much better than our Bolts then we know that Rivers and a Real O line would have been the right move not ignoring the o line or downright suckin at building one.We shall see who is the better F.O. Colts or Bolts.
                    You are damn right about that. thats the outcome that I want to see.... what is going to happen with Rivers and a good OL....

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I wish Rivers had done more of that when McFraud was HC
                      that offense was painful to watch sometimes.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Running out of town one of the most popular Chargers of all-time, and then putting together two consecutive sub 500 seasons?
                        It will not go over nicely with the grizzled fan base.

And if the Colts are a force this year?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Running out of town one of the most popular Chargers of all-time, and then putting together two consecutive sub 500 seasons?
                          It will not go over nicely with the grizzled fan base.

And if the Colts are a force this year?

Was Phil run out of town or did he not embrace the move to LA? Is Phil more important than the team? Wasn’t he the on field leader in 2019 that failed to achieve a winning record while throwing 20 INTs and 8 fumbles? Our W/L record is a team game but he contributed to it mightily.

When the Bolts put up 2 consecutive winning seasons will that same grizzled/snowflake fan base take the “Victim” stick out of their asses?

I hope Phil has a great season and loses to us in the AFCCG.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X