X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Rivers still turning it over. Give up a short field and score. Nothing different there. Or do we blame the Indy oline for that?
    The main issue was that the Indy defense was terrible--surrendered a 95% completion percentage and 3 TDs to Minshew. If the Colts had had our defense, they would have won easily.

Also, Reich/OC called a running play on 4th and short inside the 10 when Indy had a chance to go up by 14 early. Apparently, neither Lynn nor Reich have heard of this thing a called a play action pass, which tends to work really well in short yardage runing situations against short yardage defending personnel.

Blankenship missed a FG too. Mack got injured, which hurt their running game and made them one dimensional.

A couple of things that were crystal clear are that the Colts have a much better QB than we do and we have a much better defense than they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Rivers watch week 1

so lets hear it, why this time?
      youre up 7-0 on the tanking Jags
      whose fault was it that Rivers ends with 2 picks and the Colts with an L

it can’t be Rivers so what gave?
      Unless Rivers plays pass defense for the Colts, I would not be blaming him. Indy's defense allowed Minshew, yes Gardner Minshew, to complete 95% of his passes and throw for 3 TDs.

Reich/OC called a running play on 4th and short inside the 10 which failed when the Colts had a change to go up 14-0 early and change the game. Blankenship missed a 30 ard FG to end another drive.

Hilton dropped the 4th down pass with 48 seconds left from Rivers, which would have been a first down, while the Colts were driving and about to enter the red zone.

Rivers moved the team up and down the field all game long (363 yards).

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
        TD for Jax from the Phil int short field.

Instead of up 17-7.......its 17-14 at half.
        Rivers over 200 yards passing and lighting them up. Yet its a close game because of the mistake. Its just like a Charger game with Phil at QB. Dominate the 1st half and only up by 3.
        The INT was a mistake by Rivers, but the Colts let Minshew go 19-20 and throw for 3 TDs--that's Gardner freakin' Minshew! Usually, your team will lose when it lets the opposing QB complete 95% of its passes, but keep trying to blame Rivers.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Unless Rivers plays pass defense for the Colts, I would not be blaming him. Indy's defense allowed Minshew, yes Gardner Minshew, to complete 95% of his passes and throw for 3 TDs.

Reich/OC called a running play on 4th and short inside the 10 which failed when the Colts had a change to go up 14-0 early and change the game. Blankenship missed a 30 ard FG to end another drive.

Hilton dropped the 4th down pass with 48 seconds left from Rivers, which would have been a first down, while the Colts were driving and about to enter the red zone.

Rivers moved the team up and down the field all game long (363 yards).
          Indy secondary
          indy playcalling
          indy kicker
          indy wide receivers

got it.

just as I expect, everyone else.
          Rivers “moved the team up and down the field all game long”
          same old bullshit, only, I’m glad it’s in Indy now.

next week, let me guess...

Rivers has 400plus yards, 3 interceptions this time
          but indy’s playcalling, Dline, special teams and say... rare whiff by the left tackle, cost the game.

something like that?
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

The INT was a mistake by Rivers, but the Colts let Minshew go 19-20 and throw for 3 TDs--that's Gardner freakin' Minshew! Usually, your team will lose when it lets the opposing QB complete 95% of its passes, but keep trying to blame Rivers.
            :smoking:
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Indy secondary
              indy playcalling
              indy kicker
              indy wide receivers

got it.

just as I expect, everyone else.
              Rivers “moved the team up and down the field all game long”
              same old bullshit, only, I’m glad it’s in Indy now.

next week, let me guess...

Rivers has 400plus yards, 3 interceptions this time
              but indy’s playcalling, Dline, special teams and say... rare whiff by the left tackle, cost the game.

something like that?
              No, really, it was Rivers' fault that the pass defense allowed Minshew, freakin' Gardner Minshew, to complete 95% of his passes and gave up 3 passing TDs.

No, really it was Rivers' fault that Hilton dropped the 4th down pass that would have been a first down in the red zone after Rivers had driven the team 50 yards down the field on the final drive.

No, really, it was Rivers' fault that the team called a run on 4th and short from inside the 10 when Rivers was shredding the Jags defense.

No, really, it was Rivers' fault that Rodrigo Blankenship missed a 30 yard FG attempt after Rivers had yet again driven the team down the field.

The last 3 items listed alone cost the Colts anywhere from 9-17 points and had nothing to do with any bad performance on the part of Rivers, who threw for 363 yards.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Rivers has to shoulder some of the blame today. But that Indy defense was also wretched. What the heck happened to it? How do you get shredded by Minshew of all people?

We’ll see what happens as the season progresses. A new team and strange offseason may be affecting both Rivers and Brady. Maybe they’ll both get better, maybe only one, or maybe I’m wrong like I usually am most of the time.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

No, really, it was Rivers' fault that the pass defense allowed Minshew, freakin' Gardner Minshew, to complete 95% of his passes and gave up 3 passing TDs.

No, really it was Rivers' fault that Hilton dropped the 4th down pass that would have been a first down in the red zone after Rivers had driven the team 50 yards down the field on the final drive.

No, really, it was Rivers' fault that the team called a run on 4th and short from inside the 10 when Rivers was shredding the Jags defense.

No, really, it was Rivers' fault that Rodrigo Blankenship missed a 30 yard FG attempt after Rivers had yet again driven the team down the field.

The last 3 items listed alone cost the Colts anywhere from 9-17 points and had nothing to do with any bad performance on the part of Rivers, who threw for 363 yards.
                  There is a clear pattern
                  ive pointed it out today, others have before me for years
                  if you can’t/refuse to see it, god bless.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

There is a clear pattern
                    ive pointed it out today, others have before me for years
                    if you can’t/refuse to see it, god bless.
                    Yes, He can't have on average more than 1 pick per game or it's gonna be a long season and potential retirement.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I watched the entire game and saw the good and bad Rivers. He had two interceptions on passes he should not have thrown. He also made some fantastic plays and had the Colts inside the 30 late with a chance to tie it up and his receivers dropped passes on 3rd and 4th down. The reality is somewhere between his fans and haters.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I resent the term "hater"
                        Speaking only for myself, ive always been a fan of 17
                        what I "hate" is being criticized for being objective
                        It's okay to be objective about every NFL player except 17.
                        and I have no doubt that if Rivers had either 0 interceptions or a W today, there would have been a gag fest of Colt fans in Charger jerseys jerking each other off about how Rivers just needed a half decent Oline.

He got one, and still managed to throw 2 picks after being up on the worst team in football

The focus of course becomes the context of tje game.
                        If I'm ever on trial for murder I want these guys as the jury

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          I watched the entire game and saw the good and bad Rivers. He had two interceptions on passes he should not have thrown. He also made some fantastic plays and had the Colts inside the 30 late with a chance to tie it up and his receivers dropped passes on 3rd and 4th down. The reality is somewhere between his fans and haters.
                          Rivers once again was forced to make plays and had to be perfect to win: same old same old.

Even so, imho he's not a HOF quarterback unless he makes some splash this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X