• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

somehow I thought this topic would come up. the important thing to me is?...bolts won. I dont give a crap what indy does so long as theyre not in the bolt's way. I'd rather have a mediocre QB not lose us games than have FF stats. Now if Tyrod starts tossing INTs to lose games then I will be harpin on him as well. but yesterday he played within himself and not forcing too much. did you also notice that we didnt get ANY delay of game flags?

So Glazer said bolts moved on...but the fans have not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I resent the term "hater"
      Speaking only for myself, ive always been a fan of 17
      what I "hate" is being criticized for being objective
      It's okay to be objective about every NFL player except 17.
      and I have no doubt that if Rivers had either 0 interceptions or a W today, there would have been a gag fest of Colt fans in Charger jerseys jerking each other off about how Rivers just needed a half decent Oline.

He got one, and still managed to throw 2 picks after being up on the worst team in football

The focus of course becomes the context of tje game.
      If I'm ever on trial for murder I want these guys as the jury
      Your post to which I initially responded focused on Rivers being at fault for the Colts losing. Such a position in isolation of other factors is not objective and definitely does make you a "hater".

I never said Rivers had a great game. Without the intereceptions, Rivers' game was great. But the INTs lowered his overall performance to statistically average. The pass defense for the Colts was statistically terrible. Highlighting Rivers and ignoring the primary role of a terrible Colts pass defense (95% completion percentage, 3 TDs) in their loss does make you a "hater" as, contrary to your assertion, such an approach is not an objective one.

As a secondary role in the loss, other players/coaches left points on the table, and not just a few, that Rivers put the team in position to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by jubei View Post
        somehow I thought this topic would come up. the important thing to me is?...bolts won. I dont give a crap what indy does so long as theyre not in the bolt's way. I'd rather have a mediocre QB not lose us games than have FF stats. Now if Tyrod starts tossing INTs to lose games then I will be harpin on him as well. but yesterday he played within himself and not forcing too much. did you also notice that we didnt get ANY delay of game flags?

So Glazer said bolts moved on...but the fans have not.
        We all want the Chargers to win, but the Bengals are a terrible team (finished with the worst record in all of football last year) with a weak defense that was missing its best DL player and Taylor did nothing against them. 1-2-3 kick and pray for a turnover will not work against teams that aren't, you know, the reigning worst team in the NFL.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Too many Charger fans are stuck in the past.
          Thats very Raideresque. LOL
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
            https://twitter.com/NatJNewell/statu...31686863589377

"Philip Rivers in the last 10 years in the final 6 minutes of one-score games: 50.2%, 9 TDs, 23 INTs, 53.5"
            Lets see the average rating of the OL in the final 6 minutes too.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

He also would have thrown 2-3 interceptions and taken more sacks while giving the Bengals 2 extra touchdowns.

This debate isn't about Rivers vs. Tyrod. Almost everyone here that wanted to move on from Rivers really dislikes Taylor as our QB.

Let's see how Herbert does once he gets a chance to start and grow with the team. That would be the real comparison as he is our future and the actual road we took by moving on from Rivers. Taylor is just a bump in that road for now.
              Taylor over his career takes way more sacks than Rivers. A pocket QB with quick decisions and a average or better release is much harder to sack than a running QB.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Tijuana
                • Send PM

next week vs the chiefs you will see what a mediocre QB like Taylor does for you, Rivers is declining, no question about that, but he was (not is) a great QB, some fans probably don't remember the years of Whelihan, Moreno, Harbaugh, etc.

This season I would rather see Herbert take his lumps than see the type of ofense we saw from Taylor

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

He also would have thrown 2-3 interceptions and taken more sacks while giving the Bengals 2 extra touchdowns.

This debate isn't about Rivers vs. Tyrod. Almost everyone here that wanted to move on from Rivers really dislikes Taylor as our QB.

Let's see how Herbert does once he gets a chance to start and grow with the team. That would be the real comparison as he is our future and the actual road we took by moving on from Rivers. Taylor is just a bump in that road for now.
                  I'll have to disagree here. Most of the people who clamored for Tyrod Taylor hated Rivers or just plain aggravated because of Rivers' INTS. They have the guy they wanted to replace the long time starting QB of the Chargers with. Now they see what he can do with the team. They see his weakness. The fans who bashed on Rivers and begged so badly for Taylor have to face the music. They were told by the people who have seen Tyrod in his time with Buffalo and Cleveland about his weakness, and the Rivers disrespect is going to be remembered against them.

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                  I'd rather have a QB who can move the ball down the field and get TDs than a QB who doesn't get the ball to his receivers on point, throwing over the head of his receivers, or when that doesn't work resorts to checkdowns. Not throwing interceptions is number 5's only calling card.

Tyrod Taylor's style of play isn't going to get teams to many wins any more than what is cited about Rivers.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

https://twitter.com/NatJNewell/statu...31686863589377

"Philip Rivers in the last 10 years in the final 6 minutes of one-score games: 50.2%, 9 TDs, 23 INTs, 53.5"
                    Good Gawd! He actually should have had 3INT's yesterday. He will probably retire after this year.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I said Burrow was not impressive yesterday and cited his key 4th quarter INT, among numerous other shortcomings, with his team already in FG range while trailing by 3

Unlike Burrow's performance, Rivers did not miss wide open receivers for TDs, did complete 78.2% of his 46 passes, and did throw for 363 yards. Other than the two bad plays (the INTs), Rivers played a great game. The two bad plays lowered Rivers performance from great to a league average one overall. And, to be clear, I never said that Rivers had a great game yesterday.

And that really has been my point in this thread. Rivers had an average game on the whole, not some terrible game that cost his team a win. His QB rating for the game with the two INTs was 88.7, in the range of average.

So, when someone suggests that Rivers was the reason why the Colts lost, you need to compare Rivers' statistically average game on the whole to what his teammates did. When you do that, you see that the Colts had several underperformers, most notably the defense, who gave up a 95% completion percentage and three passing TDs. The suggestion that somehow the defense was not the primary factor for the loss and that Rivers was is solid evidence that we have ourselves a Rivers hater as such a position is not objective at all.
                      No because I didn’t suggest Rivers was the “reason the Colts loss”
                      ironically that’s kind of the point, we so-called haters simply try to look at Rivers’ performance objectively and somehow that always get misconstrued into totalizing language. As if anyone here doesn’t understand the team aspect that goes with wind and losses.
                      im simply trying to point out that his turnovers are on him (1 is debatable) and that hurt their chances to win.
                      which is something many people have observed her with the Chargers and haven’t been able to voice without being called names.
                      It’s childish
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your post to which I initially responded focused on Rivers being at fault for the Colts losing. Such a position in isolation of other factors is not objective and definitely does make you a "hater".

I never said Rivers had a great game. Without the intereceptions, Rivers' game was great. But the INTs lowered his overall performance to statistically average. The pass defense for the Colts was statistically terrible. Highlighting Rivers and ignoring the primary role of a terrible Colts pass defense (95% completion percentage, 3 TDs) in their loss does make you a "hater" as, contrary to your assertion, such an approach is not an objective one.

As a secondary role in the loss, other players/coaches left points on the table, and not just a few, that Rivers put the team in position to get.
                        I highlighted Rivers because his turnovers and how they contribute to losses is the topic I was responding to.
                        I even started my initial post with “Rivers watch”
                        I ask two questions in the same sentence
                        1. whose fault is it for Rivers’ interceptions (specifically asking about his interceptions) because many have been quick to blame their own mothers for his interceptions.
                        and the part you actually responded to which was
                        2. “And the Colts with an L”
                        Maybe I could have left more room for a non-blaming discussion about the actual game if I worded it differently but the point is that those interceptions contributed to the L
                        a modest assertion that rarely gets validated imo.

I can absolutely blame the pass defense and do but I’m simply pointing out that as a team they were up on 7-0 a shit team. So offensively, it would be appropriate to ask your qb to not turn it over twice.
                        not saying you couldn’t ask everyone else to do their part, that’s all true, but the pattern remains, and that’s an overwhelming sense of focus on everyone BUT Rivers.

even this discussion is evident of the sensitivity involved in discussing Rivers’ play.
                        I don’t blame Charger fans for being frustrated in not being able to speak candidly about a quarterback’s contribution to games.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I'll have to disagree here. Most of the people who clamored for Tyrod Taylor hated Rivers or just plain aggravated because of Rivers' INTS. They have the guy they wanted to replace the long time starting QB of the Chargers with. Now they see what he can do with the team. They see his weakness. The fans who bashed on Rivers and begged so badly for Taylor have to face the music. They were told by the people who have seen Tyrod in his time with Buffalo and Cleveland about his weakness, and the Rivers disrespect is going to be remembered against them.

I'd rather have a QB who can move the ball down the field and get TDs than a QB who doesn't get the ball to his receivers on point, throwing over the head of his receivers, or when that doesn't work resorts to checkdowns. Not throwing interceptions is number 5's only calling card.

Tyrod Taylor's style of play isn't going to get teams to many wins any more than what is cited about Rivers.
                          Haha
                          all us non believers shall be punished.
                          we worship Tyrod and danced like naked injuns when we signed him.
                          thats when we weren’t sharing HATE for Rivers of course, which was rare because we did that basically all day.

Even the biggest Tyrod support I’ve read here was modest and hopeful

this is going to be a fun theme to revisit, game within the game, let’s catchup when Rivers gets in the win column
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X