• Show
Clear All
  • kgbpasha
    #болтап
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Oh fu** the sky is falling!
    I saw Tyrod make plays where Rivers would have either
    have been sacked, given up a down (thrown ball away)
    or thrown an INT in a crucial point in the game.
    I love Philip. I'm also kinda ready for Herbert.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
      I saw Taylor try and make a play running and lose yards. I saw Taylor make bad throws and bad decisions. He did not throw a pick but he missed a ton of plays as well. 16 points will not beat KC.
      Last edited by FoutsFan; 09-14-2020, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Too many Charger fans are stuck in the past.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rivers is gone, need to move on, friends. I will always be a fan of his. If you are longing for him, watch the Colts. I did watch some of the Colts game, and saw the same Rivers we knew last year. Moved the team well, turned the ball over, unable to make the plays necessary to win. Can blame it on others on the team, but result is the same.

Taylor is Taylor. For those who said he looked bored out there, that's his demeanor. By the way, it is also Herbert's demeanor. Does not mean he doesn't care or is not a leader. He is just not going to be the fiery, emotional QB we are used to. He ran the plays that were called. He missed some throws, but missed them in a way that didn't cause an interception. He made some plays that a less athletic QB would not make. He didn't cause delay of game overthinking alignments. I think he played within himself and within the gameplan, which appears to be really important to lynn.
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I knew this would be a hot topic. The way I look at it, it was a true team loss for Indy yesterday and part of that was on Rivers. That INT where he just locked on the receiver was his worst mistake. But as others said the D gave up way to much to the Jags O and some questionable 4th down calls hurt as well. To me that does sound like a loss by the team, including D, QB and coaching.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Rivers is gone, need to move on, friends. I will always be a fan of his. If you are longing for him, watch the Colts. I did watch some of the Colts game, and saw the same Rivers we knew last year. Moved the team well, turned the ball over, unable to make the plays necessary to win. Can blame it on others on the team, but result is the same.

Taylor is Taylor. For those who said he looked bored out there, that's his demeanor. By the way, it is also Herbert's demeanor. Does not mean he doesn't care or is not a leader. He is just not going to be the fiery, emotional QB we are used to. He ran the plays that were called. He missed some throws, but missed them in a way that didn't cause an interception. He made some plays that a less athletic QB would not make. He didn't cause delay of game overthinking alignments. I think he played within himself and within the gameplan, which appears to be really important to lynn.
              Too soon to move on. Time will heal all wounds but for now it’s still a gaping chest wound.

Tyrod didnt look bored, he looked like Tyrod. Bland, unable to make defenses respect him. He didn’t even try to feed eckler in the passing game. He was what he is, the best backup QB in the league.

Since the team moved on and put so much draft capital into Herbert let the kid grow. You aren’t exactly having him learn from a HOF veteran. He’s sitting behind a competent qb who isn’t going to lead your team to anything but draft mediocrity.

play Herbert let him take his lumps we get a high draft pick and are poised for a big 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well they were losing before his second INT. They got down by seven after the INT so it wasn't a nail in the coffin and it wasn't a INT he threw on their last drive to end the game. This time he brought them down the field and was let down by his WRs but the QB always gets the blame.

Had the Bengals kicker made that FG today to tie it up and we lose in OT it would have been another time the defense blew a lead on the last drive. Rivers was victim to many of those as well but he got the blame because of a INT he my have threw in the 3rd quarter.

Burrow threw a INT today and Chaincrusher is using that as a reason he wasn't good today but the INT didn't hurt them as we didn't score from it and it was a rookie mistake. Herbert Wil make those rookie mistakes as well.
                I said Burrow was not impressive yesterday and cited his key 4th quarter INT, among numerous other shortcomings, with his team already in FG range while trailing by 3

Unlike Burrow's performance, Rivers did not miss wide open receivers for TDs, did complete 78.2% of his 46 passes, and did throw for 363 yards. Other than the two bad plays (the INTs), Rivers played a great game. The two bad plays lowered Rivers performance from great to a league average one overall. And, to be clear, I never said that Rivers had a great game yesterday.

And that really has been my point in this thread. Rivers had an average game on the whole, not some terrible game that cost his team a win. His QB rating for the game with the two INTs was 88.7, in the range of average.

So, when someone suggests that Rivers was the reason why the Colts lost, you need to compare Rivers' statistically average game on the whole to what his teammates did. When you do that, you see that the Colts had several underperformers, most notably the defense, who gave up a 95% completion percentage and three passing TDs. The suggestion that somehow the defense was not the primary factor for the loss and that Rivers was is solid evidence that we have ourselves a Rivers hater as such a position is not objective at all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I said Burrow was not impressive yesterday and cited his key 4th quarter INT, among numerous other shortcomings, with his team already in FG range while trailing by 3

Unlike Burrow's performance, Rivers did not miss wide open receivers for TDs, did complete 78.2% of his 46 passes, and did throw for 363 yards. Other than the two bad plays (the INTs), Rivers played a great game. The two bad plays lowered Rivers performance from great to a league average one overall. And, to be clear, I never said that Rivers had a great game yesterday.

And that really has been my point in this thread. Rivers had an average game on the whole, not some terrible game that cost his team a win. His QB rating for the game with the two INTs was 88.7, in the range of average.

So, when someone suggests that Rivers was the reason why the Colts lost, you need to compare Rivers' statistically average game on the whole to what his teammates did. When you do that, you see that the Colts had several underperformers, most notably the defense, who gave up a 95% completion percentage and three passing TDs. The suggestion that somehow the defense was not the primary factor for the loss and that Rivers was is solid evidence that we have ourselves a Rivers hater as such a position is not objective at all.
                  Rivers and every quarterback in the NFL has missed open receivers for TDs.

Just say you don't like Joe Burrow and move on.... although we know that already. The weak arm and all.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

https://twitter.com/NatJNewell/statu...31686863589377

"Philip Rivers in the last 10 years in the final 6 minutes of one-score games: 50.2%, 9 TDs, 23 INTs, 53.5"

Comment

• Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                      With the defense consistently stopping the Bengals, Rivers would have led the Chargers to 30+ points yesterday against a weak Bengals defense and our defense would have performed even better as they would have been less tired at the end of the game as our offense would have possessed the ball more.

I think Rivers versus an additional $25M in cap room is a fair point to debate. Debating about who is better between Rivers and Taylor is a joke. The soon to be Hall of Fame QB is better than the fringe starter/good backup.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

With the defense consistently stopping the Bengals, Rivers would have led the Chargers to 30+ points yesterday against a weak Bengals defense and our defense would have performed even better as they would have been less tired at the end of the game as our offense would have possessed the ball more.

I think Rivers versus an additional $25M in cap room is a fair point to debate. Debating about who is better between Rivers and Taylor is a joke. The soon to be Hall of Fame QB is better than the fringe starter/good backup.
                        He also would have thrown 2-3 interceptions and taken more sacks while giving the Bengals 2 extra touchdowns.

This debate isn't about Rivers vs. Tyrod. Almost everyone here that wanted to move on from Rivers really dislikes Taylor as our QB.

Let's see how Herbert does once he gets a chance to start and grow with the team. That would be the real comparison as he is our future and the actual road we took by moving on from Rivers. Taylor is just a bump in that road for now.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

We have moved on from Rivers, yet a few haters will keep bringing him up every time he makes a bad play so expect this thread to percolate for a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X