• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We have moved on from Rivers, yet a few haters will keep bringing him up every time he makes a bad play so expect this thread to percolate for a while.
    Wait just a minute.
    This was going to be a very interesting year.
    Rivers to Colts
    Brady to Bucs
    Cam to Patriots

And commenting on any of these QBs is valid football talk. Especially comments from Chargers fans about Rivers going to a team with a great offensive line when so many fans said of he just had that he wouldn't have to force throws and his interceptions would not be as high.
    Then game 1 he tosses two picks. Which were converted into 10pts by opponent. And they lost by 7.

And the so called Rivers haters....they are really huge Chargers fans that were tired of slow starts and too many turnovers by the franchise QB.
    And even though they many can agree the o line needed help, fans like myself refused to make it the scapegoat for all the 8-8 records and poor situational football decisions by Rivers.

At some point the man with the rock has to find a way to lead his team to the win and into postseason consistently. And stop with the explainations and excuses.

And what we saw was exactly what Lynn said....more games are lost because of turnovers than anything else.

Chargers Turnovers - 0
    Bengals Turnovers - 2

Jaguars Turnovers - 0
    Colts Turnovers - 2

Lynn got what he wanted. Ball protection as the highest priority for his offense. And he won game 1 of the 2020 season. He is betting the house on ball protection this year. And let Rivers leave because he did not trust him to protect the rock.

Lynn probably look at TT and Johnny and said see what happen week 1. Tyrod didn't turn it over and he won. Rivers did turn it over and lost. #K.I.S.S.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

Who is Johnny?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
        Who is Johnny?
        Critty is on a first name basis with John Spanos.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Rivers watch week 1

so lets hear it, why this time?
          youre up 7-0 on the tanking Jags
          whose fault was it that Rivers ends with 2 picks and the Colts with an L

it can’t be Rivers so what gave?
          This is what you said. You can try to backpedal the next day, but your next day take is not the same as it was yesterday.

The language you used creates the impression that you believe that 1) people here are trying to find excuses for Rivers when 2) the loss was really his fault.

Neither point is correct. People here readily acknowledged that Rivers had a mediocre game, but showed that other parts of the Colts such as the pass defense were much more responsible than Rivers was for the Colts loss. Those facts and others are objectively demonstrable, but you refuse to consider them.

And you reinforced your clear bias when you refused to accept these obvious objective reasons for the Colts loss when I spoon fed them to you. (See your post #280.)

Finally, it is hilarious that you would characterize someone as being "childish" when they referred to you as a "hater" (post #322) following your discussion of Rivers fans "jerking each other off" (post #287). To be clear, I am not troubled by any of that, but I do think your remark is pretty funny in light of your own comments.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

This is what you said. You can try to backpedal the next day, but your next day take is not the same as it was yesterday.

The language you used creates the impression that you believe that 1) people here are trying to find excuses for Rivers when 2) the loss was really his fault.

Neither point is correct. People here readily acknowledged that Rivers had a mediocre game, but showed that other parts of the Colts such as the pass defense were much more responsible than Rivers was for the Colts loss. Those facts and others are objectively demonstrable, but you refuse to consider them.

And you reinforced your clear bias when you refused to accept these obvious objective reasons for the Colts loss when I spoon fed them to you. (See your post #280.)

Finally, it is hilarious that you would characterize someone as being "childish" when they referred to you as a "hater" (post #322) following your discussion of Rivers fans "jerking each other off" (post #287). To be clear, I am not troubled by any of that, but I do think your remark is pretty funny in light of your own comments.
            Definitely that's what we would have done...it would have been one big figurative circle jerk. Why bother denying it?

Comment

• El_Tee
              I’m No Noob
              • Sep 2019
              • Disney World, FL
              • Send PM

If you watched the Colts game, Really it should’ve been three picks. The apologists just won't stop. All we ever heard was Spanos was cheap. He didn’t bring in the right talent around Rivers. Shit, he had a HOF running back and league MVP in Tomlinson and arguably one of the top 5 TEs of ALL TIME in Gates. And he still couldn’t get hot in the postseason.

When even guys like Flacco catch fire and run the gamut.

It’s fine to be a broken down SD Chargers fan and never want the Chargers to succeed. Rivers quit on the team. He never said goodbye to the fans the way 99% of all other superstars say goodbye to the fans. His last press conference in LA was 14 minutes of “I can still play and I’ll play for one of the other 32 teams that want me” audition. In fact, at the 11:00 mark he thanks the fans- the fucking Chiefs fans. He never once addressed the loyal fans on his way out.

So good luck bitter SD fans trying to troll and pretend that Rivers is still capable. He isn’t. One week in and it’s the same old shit show.

The saddest thing is I consider him to be a much better QB than Eli Manning and he deserves a SB as much as Manning and so many other clowns.

But Rivers was selfish at times, he could be very aggressive behind the scenes towards his eventual potential replacements and his on the field antics didn’t really gel with his holier than thou religious persona he was always quick to hide behind.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Wow.
                A circular semantics game.
                sure, why not.
                Have fun telling people what they meant all year to make yourself feel better.
                I genuinely blame myself for engaging with you, I knew better but in the end I just wasted time.
                sincerely, my bad. Live and learn.
                even now as I’m posting, my Padres just went up 2-1!!
                Ha
                go Pads!
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Wait just a minute.
                  This was going to be a very interesting year.
                  Rivers to Colts
                  Brady to Bucs
                  Cam to Patriots

And commenting on any of these QBs is valid football talk. Especially comments from Chargers fans about Rivers going to a team with a great offensive line when so many fans said of he just had that he wouldn't have to force throws and his interceptions would not be as high.
                  Then game 1 he tosses two picks. Which were converted into 10pts by opponent. And they lost by 7.

And the so called Rivers haters....they are really huge Chargers fans that were tired of slow starts and too many turnovers by the franchise QB.
                  And even though they many can agree the o line needed help, fans like myself refused to make it the scapegoat for all the 8-8 records and poor situational football decisions by Rivers.

At some point the man with the rock has to find a way to lead his team to the win and into postseason consistently. And stop with the explainations and excuses.

And what we saw was exactly what Lynn said....more games are lost because of turnovers than anything else.

Chargers Turnovers - 0
                  Bengals Turnovers - 2

Jaguars Turnovers - 0
                  Colts Turnovers - 2

Lynn got what he wanted. Ball protection as the highest priority for his offense. And he won game 1 of the 2020 season. He is betting the house on ball protection this year. And let Rivers leave because he did not trust him to protect the rock.

Lynn probably look at TT and Johnny and said see what happen week 1. Tyrod didn't turn it over and he won. Rivers did turn it over and lost. #K.I.S.S.

great post

Turnovers turn wins into losses

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

great post

Turnovers turn wins into losses
                    Thing is everyone blames Rivers for the turnovers and he did have his share of bone headed plays but he had a lot of balls go off players hands and some falling down and terrible o line play. But one of the real problems that is not talked about is the lack of turnovers from the defense. They were terrible last year at taking away the ball.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Colts move on from Philip Rivers...next year. Pay thru the nose.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Colts move on from Philip Rivers...next year. Pay thru the nose.
                        Too early to see if Rivers has really lost it. I'll reserve judgement until after at least game 4. We've seen Rivers start the year poorly only to rip 10 wins in a row...
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Too early to see if Rivers has really lost it. I'll reserve judgement until after at least game 4. We've seen Rivers start the year poorly only to rip 10 wins in a row...
                          Main ground weapon lost for the season. Perfect challenge for Rivers, "I got the chance to throw more now" (gusssing). That you have.

Comment

Working...
                          X