• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingcrimson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

To anyone that voted no, is it because you don’t want Brady? Cuz most might be answering based on if we WANT vs we THINK.

I think there’s a good chance he comes here even if we all don’t want him or even if it doesn’t make much sense financially and from a football perspective.

He can honestly turn this franchise around in 2/3 years whether he wins or not. More fans, more media coverage.

Ekeler and Lynn are low-key recruiting him. Plus his new 199 productions.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
      San Diego Native
      • Feb 2019
      • Farmington, NM
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBuckeye View Post
      I'm not asking whether or not you want Tom Brady to come to the Chargers, that is an entirely different question. My question is whether or not you think he's coming to the Chargers. I'll give my Answer. While I do think he's coming to the chargers, its only going to be for 1 season and his signing won't change their plans at #6. I think Brady is coming and a QB will be taken at 6.
      I voted no, I think Brady goes back to the Pats..

But, after some thought I think Tom may have a bigger agenda.

I think he wants to prove to everyone that he is not just the beneficiary of Belicheat's system. I think he wants to prove without doubt that he is the GOAT by winning a title without Belicheat.

Signing Brady for 2 years would boost our free agent appeal. Hey Byron, hey Derrick, hey Conklin, come to LA and win a Super Bowl with Tom Terrific. Let's make a dream team under the Hollywood lights. Work with us and we'll find a way to fit you all in under the cap. We'll get you lucrative sponsorship deals... something.

Chargers TB12 jerseys would fly off racks. Celebrities and Super Models appear at home games in Chargers swag. Ticket sales skyrocket! Spanos looks like a genius.

If it happens I don't see us drafting a QB in 2020 I think we roll with Tyrod as backup and Swizzle Stick as the project. I think we draft whomever TB12 wants

I still don't think it will happen, but I do see why it might.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Bill Belicheck can't stand the beat writers media...mic holders, news breakers...my theory is he and Brady are laughing their ass off, (and reaping petty revenge for pointed and critical reporting on their various scandals over the years) watching the media chase their tails and every wild rumour over his eventual destination...in the end, he will be right back in NE.

:2cents:
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
          To anyone that voted no, is it because you don’t want Brady? Cuz most might be answering based on if we WANT vs we THINK.

I think there’s a good chance he comes here even if we all don’t want him or even if it doesn’t make much sense financially and from a football perspective.

He can honestly turn this franchise around in 2/3 years whether he wins or not. More fans, more media coverage.

Sensible...even possible...but I stand by the above.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I feel you on this.
            Brady wants personnel input--story just circulating.
            Translation.
            We will get one of the big four OTs at #6.
            The one TB12 & Campen says won't get him killed.
            We draft Gronk aka Cole Kmet @ #37.
            Gisele signs off on Hollywood.
            Spanos says think of the ROI.

Very plausible.
            Very doable.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I feel you on this.
              Brady wants personnel input--story just circulating.
              Translation.
              We will get one of the big four OTs at #6.
              The one TB12 & Campen says won't get him killed.
              We draft Gronk aka Cole Kmet @ #37.
              Gisele signs off on Hollywood.
              Spanos says think of the ROI.

Very plausible.
              Very doable.
              Who says Gronk comes out of Retirement for one year. Chargers would have to put a lot of Money into OL or this will never work.

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

No Tom.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Who says Gronk comes out of Retirement for one year. Chargers would have to put a lot of Money into OL or this will never work.
                  For clarification, I am calling Kmet Brady's new Gronk.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I'm into winning, not creating more fans. And spending 64 mil all guranteed will also handcuff this team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm into winning, not creating more fans. And spending 64 mil all guranteed will also handcuff this team.
                      Okay, -- lets takes a look at how the cap would work. Right now, for grins and giggles since there are no sports on the calendar and free agency will probably be pushed back (more for optics than anything else - its not like NFL players take visits like NBA players - the first wave is done all over the phone). But anyway.. Spotrac has the Okung deal in place, Jason from OTC holds off until the new year - but Spotrac has the Bolts at $55m

From Mebane, a LB and probably POuncey as he is not medically cleared, another 14m. So, that puts the total at 69m:

1) Hunter Henry, Draft Picks and IR Fund is $25m in total - so now down to 45 - that was fast!
                      2) Under a Brady scenario, the first round pick would be OT so that takes care of that in free agency. Possibly LB or DL in the draft too

A few ways to do a Brady deal
                      1) take 64 divide by 2 and take a 32m cap hit
                      2) backload it so that year one is 28 and year 2 is 36 (end of the day, some of this will be kicked to dead space the year Tahmmy walks) - maybe reducing year 2 by 6-8m
                      3) REALLY backload it like the Saints do with Brees so year 1 is 24, year 2 is 24 and there is a nice big dead dollar value the first year Brady retires of atound 16-18m. Ouch!

Take the middle option and kicking the can a bit, that leaves $17m of cap - for $17m can the Chargers get a DT (maybe Pierece, Reader, Jernigan) and LB, maybe a CB to add depth

Telesco would really need to nail the draft. I mean, he would have to hit a friggin home run.

End of the day, I think it takes too much cap space and would rather build up the team and draft Herbert at 6 and get him on that rookie deal. But I think its higher than Williams thinks, I think its 25% and my guess - if it happens, the contract will be option 2.

That being said, this is a way for the SPanii to get media attention, maybe beat out the Rams in LA, get on national TV an extra game or two - and the Chargers would be the team having their QB run the length of the field saying "LFG!!!" - I think Spanii wants that more than winning.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Thanks for the detailed analysis B4K.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Thanks for the detailed analysis B4K.
                          Your welcome. And one thing I forgot to add that I just thought of - would those veterans after the first wave hit, see the talent on the roster like Allen, Henry, Mike Williams, Ekeler, the hopefully improved OL. a defense with Ingram, Bosa and Derwin James and finally, Tom Brady at QB - pick the Chargers for the veterans minimum or a little less money to play with the Chargers

Tom Brady will not give any players to take less money in the first wave of free agency, or even the second wave - but maybe at some point, the Chargers are an option for veteran players looking for one more year at a million bucks.

For this to work - Telesco would not only have to nail the draft - he would have to nail free agency with his some $20m available (roughly) - he would have to be both judicisious in spending and really make smart choices. I mean, its possible. Data shows that free agency return is around the 5-6m mark - meaning that is the pay range to target. Brady will cost a lot - but the other players do not need too. Just need good scouting and coaching.

Comment

Working...
                          X