• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

It's from the brain dead fanboys at Bolt Beat. Of course they're wrong, like usual.:shrug:

Here's a link to reality.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1
    Should of known. I never go to that site, or BFTB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      They’ll have the MRIs on Tua, if they like what they see I would imagine that’s the pick.

Really loving the thought of Simmons on this D. That said we seem to draft good college LBs and make them not so good somehow. I think Simmons doing super for us would also be predicated on all the roll players on D doing their jobs...which is a dicey thing IMHO. Does that make Tua the safer pick? I dunno, this draft can’t cone soon enough.
      Tua plays the most valuable position. He is a terrific player but if he played any other position he would get a minimum 1 round downgrade because of the severity of his current injury & the other list of injuries in about 25 starts.

Simmons is a beast, has position & scheme flexibility, physical attributes to continue improving, and is also a PON. He is the low risk prospect of the 2.
      Last edited by like54ninjas; 03-23-2020, 08:19 AM.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Tua at #6? You gotta take him.

Floor-Breath new life into francise, rejuvenating fanbase...even repopulating it with new fans, just as you are occupying new LA stadium...and then after 3 or 4 years of struggles, he flames out due to physical health. Tragic, but an understandable gamble.
        Ceiling-Steal of the draft, francise QB, possibly special, for the next 15 yrs...health holds up, and we get the most talented overall QB prospect of the draft, when talking about the sum of ability, brains, leadership, and production.

Tua at #6, and you don't take him?

Floor-Tua goes on to be great, and we are once again the laughing stock of the league, lampooned for chickening out, and going on to enjoy a string of mediocre seasons, never finding a guy to lead a decent but constantly turning over roster. Stands continue to be filled by visiting fans, never have a home game.
        Ceiling-Dodge a bullet, find success elsewhere while Tua's career with someone else never quite pans out.

When I look over these scenarios objectively, if Tua is given a clean report on that second MRI, it's a no brainer. You gotta take Tua...hell, I actually, personally, like Herbert better. (I have become kind of a fan, I tend to attach myself to underdogs, and I want to see the kid prove em wrong...) From a PR stand point, its the smart move. Good for the francise, good for the league to have Tua, one of american football's darlings, in LA with new stadium....even if Tua didn't pan out, the Bolts would get a pass in the forum of public opinion.

Many on here like Simmons, some few Herbert(very few), and a modest number of OT first/Hurts in the second...not tp mention the Tank for Trevor cult...

I'm pretty open minded, but if Tua falls to 6, you gotta take him. Hell, I think we may trade up for him...I don't like it, but it makes sense.

If we don't end up with Tua, I sure hope it's because the decision was taken out of our hands, with him being taken before we pick, and us being outbid in a trade up.

I think we end up with Simmons, Herbert, or Tua...the odds favor at least one of them being there... and the bottom line is no matter who I prefer, I would be happy with anyone of those picks.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Tua plays the most valuable position. He is a terrific player but if he played any other position he would get a minimum 1 round downgrade because of the severity of his current injury & the other list of injuries in about 25 starts.

Simmons is a beast, has position & scheme flexibility, physical attributes to continue improving, and is also a PON. He is the low risk prospect of the 2.
          We need to get dialed in on our defensive packages. Which players do we have. Steve mentioned Des King's new role.

I am thinking we will see lots of NASCAR front four looks, with 7 defenders in coverage ("DIME" or "Cover 3" or "Big Nickel.")

Get Patrick !!

Simmons looks damn interesting. We can be leaders of the pack at how to play some D. The passing game does the damage in 2020 and beyond NFL.

LB is our gaping hole, still. Isaiah. Dugger. Chinn. Antoine Brooks, Jr. Geno Stone. Zone defenders. I am also looking at Zone Boundary Corners with length late. Lamar Jackson. Reggie Robinson II ?

Just a few random thoughts.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We need to get dialed in on our defensive packages. Which players do we have. Steve mentioned Des King's new role.

I am thinking we will see lots of NASCAR front four looks, with 7 defenders in coverage ("DIME" or "Cover 3" or "Big Nickel.")

Get Patrick !!

Simmons looks damn interesting. We can be leaders of the pack at how to play some D. The passing game does the damage in 2020 and beyond NFL.

LB is our gaping hole, still. Isaiah. Dugger. Chinn. Antoine Brooks, Jr. Geno Stone. Zone defenders. I am also looking at Zone Boundary Corners with length late. Lamar Jackson. Reggie Robinson II ?

Just a few random thoughts.
            Simmons is too good to pass up if he’s there.
            I like Tanner Muse as a day 3 WILL - N/DLB

We have some of the same thoughts.
            Day 3 BCBs are a hit for me. Casey and Harris are signed through 2021 but have contract outs after this season. Need to invest in a young CB with outside starting caliber traits.
            RRII is a top 150 prospect for me. Without the junior season injury he would go day 2.
            A few day 3 guys I like......
            - L. Sneed, T. Pride, T. Keyes, S. Thomas-Oliver, L. Jackson, N. Clarke, D. Acy, H. Hand, M. Ojemudia.
            Chinn is my other “do it all” prospect. I think he can play BCB, as well with several other positions, at a high level if that was his primary role.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Hand and Ojemudia are hits @ woodeye Scouting Bureau. Forgot about Muse.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
              Ben Herbert

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

If Herbert is off the boards I still think using our second rounder to acquire Trubisky would be a nice plan B. He's had a rough time in Chicago with a subpar supporting offense and is borderline paranoid. I wonder how he would do in chargerland with zero pressure?

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Ok WTF with the Tyrod haters. The guy was 42-13 and had VT ranked in top 15 every year he was there as a 4 year starter. Going to compare a HS state player of year and 5 star QB who played very well for a high ranked power 5 school to Stick at ND State in the freaking FCS. He is 23-21-1 in NFL. Not many mobile QB’s that are 6’1” got drafted when he came out and yet here he is still in the league with a winning record 10 years later. He doesn’t turn the ball over a lot. He’s not going to blow a bunch of games forcing it either. He’s not a HOF QB but our team is better than anything he’s started with as a pro, Way better than Buffalo or Cleveland and he didn’t sink them. Lynn coached him. He knows what he is and his seat is getting warm.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    Ok WTF with the Tyrod haters. The guy was 42-13 and had VT ranked in top 15 every year he was there as a 4 year starter. Going to compare a HS state player of year and 5 star QB who played very well for a high ranked power 5 school to Stick at ND State in the freaking FCS. He is 23-21-1 in NFL. Not many mobile QB’s that are 6’1” got drafted when he came out and yet here he is still in the league with a winning record 10 years later. He doesn’t turn the ball over a lot. He’s not going to blow a bunch of games forcing it either. He’s not a HOF QB but our team is better than anything he’s started with as a pro, Way better than Buffalo or Cleveland and he didn’t sink them. Lynn coached him. He knows what he is and his seat is getting warm.
                    Lynn is on the hot seat and yet still brought back Stewart as our ST coach, despite some of the very worst ST in the league under his tenure. Lynn is stubbornly loyal and sticks with his guys, whether they warrant it or not.

Those of us not excited about Taylor have seen him play and have very low expectations (oops, did it again blue!).

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      If Herbert is off the boards I still think using our second rounder to acquire Trubisky would be a nice plan B. He's had a rough time in Chicago with a subpar supporting offense and is borderline paranoid. I wonder how he would do in chargerland with zero pressure?

Trubisy is on his way to becoming a bust. So I hope Telesco doesn't bring him here.

He can't throw in the pocket so teams scheme to keep him in the pocket and then let the interceptions happen.

If you spent more than 30 minutes studying him, I'm sure you would know this.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

I’ve probably seen every game he’s played both College and Pro and he’s not as bad as people make out.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Trubisy is on his way to becoming a bust. So I hope Telesco doesn't bring him here.

He can't throw in the pocket so teams scheme to keep him in the pocket and then let the interceptions happen.

If you spent more than 30 minutes studying him, I'm sure you would know this.
                          Even Better I've watched numerous games of him playing. Watched very mediocre receivers drop balls left and right and an offensive line that couldn't block to open holes for running backs. Sound familiar. If you had watched the bears in multiple games you would know this!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X