Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    If healthy Cam’s a much better QB than Tyrod and gives us a legit shot to make noise in the conference. I say go for it if he’s good to go.
    I don't see the downside of he is healthy

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Listen, I’d root for almost anyone wearing bolts

but a healthy Cam will have a major impact of the kind of culture we’re trying to build.
      if it works great, but he is no leader imho
      not to mention, I don’t want to waste a roster spot or any significant cap space on him.

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Listen, I’d root for almost anyone wearing bolts

but a healthy Cam will have a major impact of the kind of culture we’re trying to build.
        if it works great, but he is no leader imho
        not to mention, I don’t want to waste a roster spot or any significant cap space on him.
        I think it will be either the Jags or the Chargers

I don't see the Dolphins as they have Fitzpatrick and will probably get Tua. They have a bit more ammo to get Tua than the Chargers do

But the jags have Minshew so unless they are tanking for Trevor - Newton makes some sense for them

If the Chargers were to get him for a base of 6-8m - and he is healthy, really do not see a downside. Granted, if they know they are going QB no matter what - don't get him

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

I just think with his big head he is gonna want too much money to make it worth it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I fear that a choice to go after Cam Newton is driven by making a 'splash' for the new venue. Cam is a better QB, by past performance, than Tyrod, but Cam is coming off a significant injury, as well as having a big paycheck life that he may not want to come down from . I don't like our chances with Tyrod, either, long term, but either will work out if the D is truly elite.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

We are not going to sign a FA QB this season barring injury. We are drafting 1 and that will gives us 3 on the 53. Cam Newton is not an option.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

Part of me wants Cam and part of me wants no part of Cam. The part of me that wants is that he is a former MVP and had a even better year the year after his MVP season. The part of me that doesn't want him is that he seems like a head case, Carolina and Washington didn't want either.

He's hungry, he's proven (unlike a rookie, I want no rookie QB's, I want Simmons LB or Thomas OT (or Wirfs OT)), so if we were to not get 38 year old OT F.A. Peters for $9M (let's say another team signs him) I guess I'm fine offering Cam $9M and if he struggles we have TT or Stick still.

Or would you guys prefer to give our last $9M to Jameis because he might take that little instead of no offers or just roll that $9M into 2021 (which I'm not opposed to either, I just don't see us doing much better than 8-8 with TT)?

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Only reason Newton should be anywhere near LA is for fashion advice. Pass please

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Just imagine getting a healthy Cam knowing we can do what ever we want at #6. We could really build a defensive powerhouse to rival the division, I want to win now dammit.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                      Part of me wants Cam and part of me wants no part of Cam. The part of me that wants is that he is a former MVP and had a even better year the year after his MVP season. The part of me that doesn't want him is that he seems like a head case, Carolina and Washington didn't want either.

He's hungry, he's proven (unlike a rookie, I want no rookie QB's, I want Simmons LB or Thomas OT (or Wirfs OT)), so if we were to not get 38 year old OT F.A. Peters for $9M (let's say another team signs him) I guess I'm fine offering Cam $9M and if he struggles we have TT or Stick still.

Or would you guys prefer to give our last $9M to Jameis because he might take that little instead of no offers or just roll that $9M into 2021 (which I'm not opposed to either, I just don't see us doing much better than 8-8 with TT)?
                      I have the same feeling
                      tyrod needs competition so either newton or winston would be good competition

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        I fear that a choice to go after Cam Newton is driven by making a 'splash' for the new venue. Cam is a better QB, by past performance, than Tyrod, but Cam is coming off a significant injury, as well as having a big paycheck life that he may not want to come down from . I don't like our chances with Tyrod, either, long term, but either will work out if the D is truly elite.
                        True, but he also had an entire year of not taking punishment, and as a result, is probably gonna feel the freshest he has since getting drafted.:dunno:

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

If Cam is healthy it’s not even close between him and Tyrod and even if he still doesn’t have the legs he still has more than enough to move inside and outside the pocket.

Telesco is on the clock and so is Lynn they need to win now.

Comment

Working...
                          X