Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

We aren't signing Cam. Chargers said they aren't signing a vet. Get ready for a QB round 1 or 2. My guess?

See my Sig below

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I thought you liked Fromm in the 4th or 5th.
      do think he could well end up being one of the two best QBs outta this draft, and.... think he's a late first rounder.

lotta peoples been sending him out to N'awlins, albeit personally think he'd be a good match in Minny behind Kirk ??

not interested in him as a Charger, and.... understand the perceived risk w/MM.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

“I think when you’re talking about mobile quarterbacks, guys that are tough to handle, tackle, can throw, run, make good decisions — I mean, I would put Newton at the top of the list,” Belichick said, according to NBC Sports Boston.

“Not saying that there aren’t a lot of other good players that do that, but I would say, of all the guys we play or have played recently in the last couple of years, he’s the hardest guy to deal with. He makes good decisions. He can run. He’s strong. He’s hard to tackle. He can do a lot of different things, beat you in a lot of different ways. We saw that in the game down there in ’13, so I would put him at the top of the list.

“Not saying the other guys aren’t a problem, because they are, but he’s Public Enemy No. 1.”
        https://sports.yahoo.com/who-will-sign-cam-newton-bet-mgm-has-odds-on-newtons-next-team-202401926.html
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Tom said we wanted to come into the new stadium w/some "flair" and "excitement," or something to that effect if I recall correctly.

well.... don't think there's any doubt that Cam has some flair to him, and.... speaking for myself and reading up on things, have to say that I am excited about the prospect of Cam as an LAC.

Comment

• Scott Green
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            Tom said we wanted to come into the new stadium w/some "flair" and "excitement," or something to that effect if I recall correctly.

well.... don't think there's any doubt that Cam has some flair to him, and.... speaking for myself and reading up on things, have to say that I am excited about the prospect of Cam as an LAC.
            Theres not much flair to a guy on injured reserve. He took lots of hits that would have been roughing on anyone else and its caught up with him. Availability is a skill he lost.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              I fear that a choice to go after Cam Newton is driven by making a 'splash' for the new venue. Cam is a better QB, by past performance, than Tyrod, but Cam is coming off a significant injury, as well as having a big paycheck life that he may not want to come down from . I don't like our chances with Tyrod, either, long term, but either will work out if the D is truly elite.
              regarding the injury.... according to reports he appears to be (well) past the shoulder injury/rotator cuff surgery, and also read that some don't see NFL teams getting scared off by Lisfranc injuries either ??

obviously overpaying for a QB, now or later, is not an overly attractive proposition, and.... the Chargers need a splash of some sort.... neither their coach, nor team TommyJohn is much of a figurehead, and there is no doubt that Cam would (gladly) take the responsibility of the spotlight, and personally suspect helpfully so from AL, who is not a natural under the lights, 'specially those of Tinseltown.

and there is also the warranted opinion that Cam isn't the best at reading D's either, albeit he has shown he is def a high caliber starting QB in the League.

we're not in San Diego anymore.... like it or not, we are the Los Angeles Chargers.

is there a more ready made LA QB ??

my suspicion is that he's hellah healthier than Tua, and has got heaps more personality, if not game than Herbert, and can't imagine Coach Lynn not being ok w/him @the helm of his Offense.

dude is 31, and has been very successful.

personally am not bothered one iota/bit 'bout his theatrics.... in fact, I welcome it.

welcome to the LA Chargers Cam.... thank you for taking on the challenge of getting us into the playoffs this season.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

ps. would be essential not to overpay, as think it would also be essential to sign the likes of Jason Peters and Carlos Hyde as well.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Beach, I appreciate your unpopular stance on Cam.
                  valid points overall.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CTrout
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If you can get him cheap, then I don't really see a downside. Bring him in, if he beats out TT then we're a better team for it. If he can't beat him for the starting job or gets hurt....IR him or release him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Beach, I appreciate your unpopular stance on Cam.
                      valid points overall.
                      The only reason Beach wants Cam, is because he believes we will then eschew drafting a QB, and instead draft a bunch of oline, and wait till the 6th or 7th to tag his guy QB Riley Neal...beware his agenda!!:bertstare:
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

regarding the injury.... according to reports he appears to be (well) past the shoulder injury/rotator cuff surgery, and also read that some don't see NFL teams getting scared off by Lisfranc injuries either ??

obviously overpaying for a QB, now or later, is not an overly attractive proposition, and.... the Chargers need a splash of some sort.... neither their coach, nor team TommyJohn is much of a figurehead, and there is no doubt that Cam would (gladly) take the responsibility of the spotlight, and personally suspect helpfully so from AL, who is not a natural under the lights, 'specially those of Tinseltown.

and there is also the warranted opinion that Cam isn't the best at reading D's either, albeit he has shown he is def a high caliber starting QB in the League.

we're not in San Diego anymore.... like it or not, we are the Los Angeles Chargers.

is there a more ready made LA QB ??

my suspicion is that he's hellah healthier than Tua, and has got heaps more personality, if not game than Herbert, and can't imagine Coach Lynn not being ok w/him @the helm of his Offense.

dude is 31, and has been very successful.

personally am not bothered one iota/bit 'bout his theatrics.... in fact, I welcome it.

welcome to the LA Chargers Cam.... thank you for taking on the challenge of getting us into the playoffs this season.
                        Truer words have never been spoken.

I think if you can get him for a 1 year prove it deal at 10M or 15M with some type of second year option why would you not do it ?

Bring him in as a backup. Stick to the original plan of starting Tyrod. If Tyrod goes 0-4, BRING CAM IN !!!

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD !!!

e2d0d2_a0a61f58f260446c929295d8b5616699_mv2.jpg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

We have less than a month,
                          barring a draft delay.

Get this sorted out TPB !

TT is waiting for our response.
                          We do not play modern football.