OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    My $1200 was deposited in my checking acct two days ago. I'm retired so I haven't been too impacted by the economic disruption caused by the virus. I do have a consulting business that is slow right now, but I can ride it out. My retirement accounts are taking a hit though from the stock market decline. I live by myself and I'm growing tired of my own cooking. I'm going to use the $1,200 for takeout food from locally owned restaurants here in Sacramento to support them and help keep them in business.
    Sorry to hear about your retirement account. What was your allocation before this all hit?

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's my plan too. I'm losing about 3k income per month but I still have other income and I thank God for His blessing.

Also, I'm thinking about robbing the bank!
      With everyone wearing face masks the bank job will be easier.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sorry to hear about your retirement account. What was your allocation before this all hit?
        Zero. My pension and consulting income has been enough. I'm only 62 and I don't want to take any allocations from my retirement accounts now. I just want them to grow. I'll need them later.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Zero. My pension and consulting income has been enough. I'm only 62 and I don't want to take any allocations from my retirement accounts now. I just want them to grow. I'll need them later.
          I mean like the makeup of your Roth or 401K. Is it 60% stock, 40% bonds? Or are you telling me that you only have pension and the consulting income, and no other retirement account? I'm only asking because I'm interested in those kinds of things even though I don't have a certificate or the exams to recommend anything. Just a degree.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
            Humble Chargers Fan
            • May 2017
            • Golden Hill
            • Medical Devices Operations
            • Send PM

Okay, so to anyone's knowledge here, have there been any direct cases of COVID-19 at your respective workplaces?
            "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
              Okay, so to anyone's knowledge here, have there been any direct cases of COVID-19 at your respective workplaces?
              7 of my clients (and their employees) have confirmed they have tested positive for the virus up to this point. 5 of them worked at a medical office and 2 at a Machining shop.
              ​​ Ages ranging from late 20s to late 50s. So far all have recovered and described it as a mild to moderate cold/flu like experience.

I've had a few other clients who say they think they had it back in December - January. But they have no testing confirmation to prove either way.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                I mean like the makeup of your Roth or 401K. Is it 60% stock, 40% bonds? Or are you telling me that you only have pension and the consulting income, and no other retirement account? I'm only asking because I'm interested in those kinds of things even though I don't have a certificate or the exams to recommend anything. Just a degree.
                Not sure. My adviser said it's medium risk. I have two 457 accts through CalPERS managed by Nationwide. The balances are down, but they aren't devastated. I can't contribute to them anymore because I am no longer employed by a CalPERS employer. I don't need any disbursements from these accounts right now and I just want them to grow.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

None that I know of at my office but we closed on Mar h 10. 125 people

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

5 confirmed, with the testing on a lot of others in limbo (as of 3 days ago). 3 of the 5 are fully recovered though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

5 confirmed, with the testing on a lot of others in limbo (as of 3 days ago). 3 of the 5 are fully recovered though.
                      Good news that 3 people you know are fully recovered.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                        Humble Chargers Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Golden Hill
                        • Medical Devices Operations
                        • Send PM

We have a company of about 150, and a lot of that (80) is outside sales people. To my knowledge, no one has tested positive. We shut down most operations mid-March as well.
                        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Paid $9.99 for a 12 pack of TP yesterday. Granted this is a small market near me owned by a nice Guamanian family and I don’t mind paying a little more to avoid the chain stores and that mindfuck dystopian weirdness.

Comment

Working...
                          X