• Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    I think what Rex was alluding to is that the starting QB decision has been taken out of the coaching staffs hands and is now a FO decision.
    Ryan has made QB changes in mid game....why would he be timid about changing the QB now?
    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Because Ryan was hired by the last GM, and the new guy is probably looking for an excused to fire him.

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

I can see why the front office would take that decision out of his hands. At this point there likely are conflicting interests. Rex thinking short term to save his ass, with the front office having to keep their eye on the long view of the team, namely the development of their young QB.

Comment

• Boltimore
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Naples, FL
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Early thought for me: the506 says I can watch this game, which means it will be a heartbreaker on the last possession and play of the game, and then I'll go all QSmokey for awhile.

Most recent thought: Bolts cover and more. I enjoy Sunday and go in late Monday.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Geno has the press in his head already...
            Geno gets testy over Vick questions
            Posted by Mike Florio on October 1, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT

AP
            Well, at least he didn’t tell anyone to go f–k himself.

Jets quarterback Geno Smith, who lost his cool and yelled a pair of “F” bombs into the stands at the end of Sunday’s loss to the Lions, was in no mood on Wednesday to take questions about a guy who once shot a pair of middle fingers to hecklers in Atlanta.

Asked whether Smith sees the value in using Mike Vick to provide the offense with a spark when needed, the current starter bristled.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to lead to with that question,” Smith said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Maybe that’s your opinion. What do you mean a spark? We’ve already put him in.”

Asked if it would make sense to have Vick come in not for a cameo appearance but to jump-start the offense, Smith got even more testy.

“That doesn’t make sense,” Smith said. “What team do you see doing that? . . . That’s not a question. Next question.”

Actually, the Cardinals did that, seven years ago. Coach Ken Whisenhunt routinely yanked second-year quarterback Matt Leinart for veteran backup Kurt Warner when the team fell behind, re-inserting Leinart once Warner evened things up again. That continued until Leinart, who was getting frustrated with the technique, broke a collarbone. The next year, Warner was the starter and the Cardinals were in the Super Bowl.

For his part, Vick opted to navigate around the topic far more diplomatically.

“[W]e don’t need any more distractions right now even though I don’t think I would be a distraction if I went in and played temporarily,” Vick said. “We just need to focus on beating San Diego.”

Or, as coach Rex Ryan put it with a reference to Bill Belichick’s bizarre Cincinnati presser, the Jets are “on to San Diego.”

For Smith, the best news coming from the road game in California is that any heckling will come from fans who are supposed to be heckling him.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

I hope they put that dog murdering piece of shit in the game just so we can end his miserable life on the field Sunday.
              Bonus points if he draws his last fucking breath in the West endzone where I could reach him with a stream of piss.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Anyone want to bet on if Qsmokey reps Mr Hoarse for the post above? I'll take odds...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                  Ryan has made QB changes in mid game....why would he be timid about changing the QB now?
                  More to the point, why should we believe anything an opposing coach says leading up to the game?
                  Adipose

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

It doesn't matter who is at QB. They are going to have the same game plan no matter wh ois QB. Neither Smith or Vick is going to beat us by reading defenses and throwing 50 passes against us. They are going to run the ball, mix in some QB runs to stretch the D and try and get guys out of their gaps. We just have to respond by having our D play assignment football, play their spots and not give up the big plays. They have to tackle well, because the Jets skill guys are all fast enough to score if we miss tackles.

As far as our O, I think the big thing is don't be afraid to punt. I don't think any team can stop our offense all game. So, don't give the jets a short field. Just try and get first downs, and pretty soon a Jet DB is going to bite, and Rivers will then throw a TD. We just have to wait for those plays. You can't always manufacture those situations, so you just have to keep playing till they happen. But given how poorly the Jets O moves the ball, if we can tackle them, I expect we will be able to stuff them and score on short fields all day.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Looks like Decker has a bad hammy so wont be 100% and their other receiver David Nelson sounds like most likely a no go. If they have little deep game we can really challenge the running game more on D.

If we can just get a semblance of a running game going we should be able to get points on them in the passing game. Its time to get our OL gelling ....may be first game we start the same 5 two games in a row.

Rtpbolt

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      It doesn't matter who is at QB. They are going to have the same game plan no matter wh ois QB. Neither Smith or Vick is going to beat us by reading defenses and throwing 50 passes against us. They are going to run the ball, mix in some QB runs to stretch the D and try and get guys out of their gaps. We just have to respond by having our D play assignment football, play their spots and not give up the big plays. They have to tackle well, because the Jets skill guys are all fast enough to score if we miss tackles.

As far as our O, I think the big thing is don't be afraid to punt. I don't think any team can stop our offense all game. So, don't give the jets a short field. Just try and get first downs, and pretty soon a Jet DB is going to bite, and Rivers will then throw a TD. We just have to wait for those plays. You can't always manufacture those situations, so you just have to keep playing till they happen. But given how poorly the Jets O moves the ball, if we can tackle them, I expect we will be able to stuff them and score on short fields all day.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I would challenge their running game anyway. It's not like Smith has the kind of accuracy to hit a lot of deep passes, so putting an extra guy up in the box wouldn't hurt our coverage that much.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I'm really curious to see how we attack their defense. They have that great front 7 and Rex will blitz the hell out of us. But their secondary is weak and if Rivers can get a bit of time we should be able to hurt them - especially since we aren't running our 7 step drop deep passing offense against that front 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X