Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Welp, we will see but I think Tua is off Telescos board. I read maybe here, or elsewhere but it said he has taken players off his board who were big injury concerns.
    Got to think Tua fits that to a T.

I don't think we are drafting him if he is there. Simmons or trade down is more likely......or Herbert.
    We see team need and prospect type closely in our mocks.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Not baseless...locker room chemistry looks pretty good to me...many have said they are behind Tyrod 100 percent. You add Cam...whole nother compound. Who is the leader now?

Goofy stick fashion show at every weeks post game, stealing attention away from the team as football players.

Walking of field as a poor sport. Dramatic on field celebrations for routine first downs.

Tyrod came in here, bided his time, done the work. He deserves a shake, and this team deserves for this season to be about them as a team. You bring in Cam that all changes. It becomes about him, and not the Chargers, in the eyes of the nation.

My oldest son is a Panthers fan, and we get more of their games televised here than Charger games, so I been watching. Not wishful thinking or fabricated narrative on my part...just observation tempered with rational opinion.:hello:
      I don't want Cam and I despise his "look at how great I am" showboating. Having said that, Taylor was a backup here for one season, not sure how he deserves anything for that accomplishment.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't want Cam and I despise his "look at how great I am" showboating. Having said that, Taylor was a backup here for one season, not sure how he deserves anything for that accomplishment.
        I know you aren't too high on Taylor...but it seems his team mates and coach are. If he has earned their respect, and wanting to sit a rookie first year anyway...yea, I think he gets a shot.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I know you aren't too high on Taylor...but it seems his team mates and coach are. If he has earned their respect, and wanting to sit a rookie first year anyway...yea, I think he gets a shot.
          If Lynn is all in on Tyrod - the best way to help Tyrod is taking a player that helps the roster, this year! That doesn't mean OT - but thats a start. Could also mean DT like Brown or Simmons. Okudah would be nice but I actually like the CB depth on the Bolts over the other three areas: LB, OT and DT.

So if Telesco is in agreement they are all in on Tyrod - give the man a friggin chance. And that could mean drafting Simmons or Brown and signing Jason Peters to allow Pip a transition year too.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

I beg to differ. I’ve been preaching good defense and good run game and solid quarterback play is the current blueprint. If you look at the top 5 passers from last year, none made the playoffs. And if you look at the teams that made the playoffs, majority of them had that. SF actually had KC beat in the Super Bowl with that exact blueprint, but Mahomes is a generational talent.
            Who made passes to exceptional receivers. Don’t disagree with what you’re preaching, but just add WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We see team need and prospect type closely in our mocks.
              I really like Reagor but im assuming we reach i bit for Hurts just to secure him unless we trade down. Just feel he is a Lynn type and they would sit him and feel they have their guy....so im probably wrong lol.

I really came to like AG more after watching all i could on him......which there isnt a whole lot out there. Body of work is small, but potentual is big. Just saw a lot of Faulk in him. Picking top of every round is why i have him in the 4th. Id be most excited landing him of all my picks. Though id love Reagor too but Claypool is a nice get as well if it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Welp, we will see but I think Tua is off Telescos board. I read maybe here, or elsewhere but it said he has taken players off his board who were big injury concerns.
                Got to think Tua fits that to a T.

I don't think we are drafting him if he is there. Simmons or trade down is more likely......or Herbert.
                I hope that you are right. We cannot afford for our first round pick to be an injury riddled bust. I have been reading posters writing that "we need to take the risk on Tua". That is crazy in my mind. A team's first round pick should never be a high risk type player. In the later rounds, sure, where the cost is not as great, but not in the first round. I would rather have "very likely good value" than "maybe great great value, maybe bust".

The concern, of course, is Telesco's previous history of drafting Verrett who had an injury history in college and just about everyone apparently except Telesco could see he was a huge risk coming out.

I can only hope the bitter taste of that pick is still a bad one in Telesco's mouth that sours him on the idea of taking Tua.

Not only do I see Tua as an injury risk, but I also see Herbert as having the better physical tools anyway even though I do not want us taking a QB at #6. But if it has to be a QB at #6, please let it be Herbert.

But please let Simmmons be there and let us get it right and draft him.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I hope that you are right. We cannot afford for our first round pick to be an injury riddled bust. I have been reading posters writing that "we need to take the risk on Tua". That is crazy in my mind. A team's first round pick should never be a high risk type player. In the later rounds, sure, where the cost is not as great, but not in the first round. I would rather have "very likely good value" than "maybe great great value, maybe bust".

The concern, of course, is Telesco's previous history of drafting Verrett who had an injury history in college and just about everyone apparently except Telesco could see he was a huge risk coming out.

I can only hope the bitter taste of that pick is still a bad one in Telesco's mouth that sours him on the idea of taking Tua.

Not only do I see Tua as an injury risk, but I also see Herbert as having the better physical tools anyway even though I do not want us taking a QB at #6. But if it has to be a QB at #6, please let it be Herbert.

But please let Simmmons be there and let us get it right and draft him.
                  I disagree. When you're searching for your next franchise quarterback, that is absolutely the time to swing for the fences with all of your strength. The worst case scenario when drafting a QB is not that they step on the field and break their leg in their second year, never playing again. The worst case scenario is that you get a guy who hits singles and only singles, cursing your team to a decade of 6-10 with a high of 9-7.

If you hit that home run and Tua ends up staying healthy and productive, reaching his ceiling, hell yeah! If he does end up being the repaired doll whose glue can't keep him together, the team will collapse and be in position to swing for the fences again.

I cannot think of anything worse than being mediocre. I'd rather be horrible and have hope for a top of the draft QB to save us than to be mediocre for years while having no shot at a top QB because we're not bad enough. Of course, you have to have decent talent evaluation as you take those chances, lest you become the Browns and just suck forever no matter which QB you draft.

Comment

• ETicket
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Not baseless...locker room chemistry looks pretty good to me...many have said they are behind Tyrod 100 percent. You add Cam...whole nother compound. Who is the leader now?

Goofy stick fashion show at every weeks post game, stealing attention away from the team as football players.

Walking of field as a poor sport. Dramatic on field celebrations for routine first downs.

Tyrod came in here, bided his time, done the work. He deserves a shake, and this team deserves for this season to be about them as a team. You bring in Cam that all changes. It becomes about him, and not the Chargers, in the eyes of the nation.

My oldest son is a Panthers fan, and we get more of their games televised here than Charger games, so I been watching. Not wishful thinking or fabricated narrative on my part...just observation tempered with rational opinion.:hello:
                    Wait, apparently none of that is true because a "10 year Panthers fan" said it's not true. And Cam gives a football to a kid in the stands at every game.:umno:

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Agree on Cam. But, chargers are $250m behind projections on seat licenses. We haven’t been selling out a 27k soccer stadium in fact mostly filling with away fans. Now we are moving into a freaking cathedral. New uniforms are awesome but they aren’t putting asses in seats. Bolts need a PR splash. Do they go for Tua, bring in Cam, try to trade up for Burrow. We all know winning is the best tonic but we are going to have to win in a 2/3 empty stadium to get noticed. Think media will notice the win or the empty seats. Something big needs to happen or this team will be in San Antonio or Mexico City or even London in 5 years.
                      People don't care about the exciting move. What sells is winning. Short of becoming a dominant team or having a generational talent, the Chargers will never work in LA. But that's a different argument (move to London).

Getting back to the original point: making the big splash move rarely works out in the NFL. And when it doesn't work out, the team sucks and fan interest is low.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm in the camp of drafting Tua if he falls to six. I think that there's maybe one chance in three that he stays healthy. But if he stays healthy, I think he turns into a top 5 QB that can win you a Super Bowl. It's a risk, but one worth taking. You're competing against 31 other teams to win the Super Bowl, and to this point, this organization is 0 for 54 when it comes to winning the Super Bowl. I don't think there's a safe approach to winning the Super Bowl. You've gotta take some chances and catch some breaks. And teams being scared of Tua because of his injury risk and him dropping to us may be the break we need if we're willing to take the chance.

If we draft Tua, I do vote that we redshirt his rookie season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          I'm in the camp of drafting Tua if he falls to six. I think that there's maybe one chance in three that he stays healthy. But if he stays healthy, I think he turns into a top 5 QB that can win you a Super Bowl. It's a risk, but one worth taking. You're competing against 31 other teams to win the Super Bowl, and to this point, this organization is 0 for 54 when it comes to winning the Super Bowl. I don't think there's a safe approach to winning the Super Bowl. You've gotta take some chances and catch some breaks. And teams being scared of Tua because of his injury risk and him dropping to us may be the break we need if we're willing to take the chance.

If we draft Tua, I do vote that we redshirt his rookie season.
                          I think any QB we draft is sitting a year.

Comment

Working...
                          X