• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

or are they just waiting for June 1 so they don't have to burn/lose a comp pick on/against him ?? and/or for his price to come down ??
    he was released so the comp pick is not an issue for Cam like it might be for Peters

my guess they are waiting to see how the draft goes or who knows

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

or are they just waiting for June 1 so they don't have to burn/lose a comp pick on/against him ?? and/or for his price to come down ??
      Frankly, I don't know why we'd be against at least giving Cam a long look. Right now we don't have much at QB. Cam would be an upgrade IMO. Easy upgrade. And he's a veteran. That gives us a chance this season to be competitive. And I feel much better knowing Taylor is in the backup role. Let Taylor earn it. He hasn't earned shit to this point.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

If he was a top tier QB still, no team would wait. He is a 2nd tier, at best, QB now. He is going to want $18+ million. Hey if he accepts 3 million and a #32 on wheat with avocado then give it a whirl. Only thing guaranteed will be the sub sandwich.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Cam was released iirc so he won't count as a FA signing.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Frankly, I don't know why we'd be against at least giving Cam a long look. Right now we don't have much at QB. Cam would be an upgrade IMO. Easy upgrade. And he's a veteran. That gives us a chance this season to be competitive. And I feel much better knowing Taylor is in the backup role. Let Taylor earn it. He hasn't earned shit to this point.
            Lockerroom and team chemistry. Respect for hard working, non prima donnas we have here now. Respect for Tyrod.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lockerroom and team chemistry. Respect for hard working, non prima donnas we have here now. Respect for Tyrod.
              I agree with you that Taylor has demonstrated the right attitude here. And I appreciate that. While that's very admirable I still don't have faith in him as starting QB over the course of a full season. In my head i'm thinking good behavior gets you so far but can we extrapolate it to the field? All I can tell you is if I was a player I'd be more motivated and focused if I knew my QB had a record of success. I know this is where Cam's health comes up. And it should. If Cam's myriad injuries from last season haven't cleared up enough then I don't want him on our team. And I would have some conditions in his contract provided his health actually checked out... One, if you don't exhibit team attitude and do whatever Coach Lynn demands of you then you're subject to release. Totally within Lynn's power. And two, if he misses so many games - for whatever reason - he loses significant money. But all of this can only happen if his health checks out. Which I'm probably only about 40% optimistic about.

One thing that caught my interest was Cam saying he was eager to flip the page on his career from being a reckless running QB to being a pocket passer. But it's one thing saying that and another doing it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I agree with you that Taylor has demonstrated the right attitude here. And I appreciate that. While that's very admirable I still don't have faith in him as starting QB over the course of a full season. In my head i'm thinking good behavior gets you so far but can we extrapolate it to the field? All I can tell you is if I was a player I'd be more motivated and focused if I knew my QB had a record of success. I know this is where Cam's health comes up. And it should. If Cam's myriad injuries from last season haven't cleared up enough then I don't want him on our team. And I would have some conditions in his contract provided his health actually checked out... One, if you don't exhibit team attitude and do whatever Coach Lynn demands of you then you're subject to release. Totally within Lynn's power. And two, if he misses so many games - for whatever reason - he loses significant money. But all of this can only happen if his health checks out. Which I'm probably only about 40% optimistic about.

One thing that caught my interest was Cam saying he was eager to flip the page on his career from being a reckless running QB to being a pocket passer. But it's one thing saying that and another doing it.
                More like he is beat up from being a running QB, he would like to be more a passer lol.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

We drafted a couple HOF QBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
                  Drafting "Good" is in the mind of the beholder. Obviously Brees and Fouts were not wildly sought after, top of the draft guys but went on to have highly successful careers. I can name a lot of other good QBs that most, if not all NFL teams blew their appraisal on.
                  Agree that a decent NFL avg or better QB is needed to win more games than not.
                  Unfortunately, you seldom know what you have until a few seasons have gone by.
                  Draft the QB you like if you have a favorite but don't reach with an early pick just because of his position.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

I love love love Tyrod. But it feels so criminal we got such a good team around him and thee best unis in sports just to go 7-9 / 10-6 we need a big name from the draft back there.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

The Raiders were convinced J. Russell will become a franchise QB
                      The Chargers were convinced that R. Leaf will too
                      Shit happens
                      Both misses set the respective teams back years. Probably better to avoid a QB altogether unless you are confident in the player.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

funny cam saying he wants to be more of a passing QB. he's never been a very good passing QB AFAIK...just a freakish athlete who can outrun most LBers or truck them.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                          I love love love Tyrod. But it feels so criminal we got such a good team around him and thee best unis in sports just to go 7-9 / 10-6 we need a big name from the draft back there.
                          Names don't win games.
                          Rookie QB's seldom make the playoffs. If we draft a QB, it's hard to believe that Lynn will start him over Taylor, who is healthy and does not turn the ball over.
                          Killer defense, a solid OL and we're a playoff contender if we can stay reasonably healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X