• Show
Clear All
  • marconi
    Air Apparent
    • Mar 2019
    • Adventure Land
    • Help people live their dreams
    • Send PM

I knew this was coming and I honestly hope it works out. If he'd made himself available last year, I'd would have been thrilled to get him. However, this year he looked tenative and those physical skills he possesses didn't translate into making me believe he has the making of a QB worthy of a top 10 pick. I think what he needs most is confindence.
    Since Dan Fouts now has some free time and is also a former Duck and Charger great, I'd hire him asap and make him Herberts personal QB coach.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

So they went from Rivers to Herbie.............Bye TT.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

When the games start I just hope we all support this kid and no one hopes he fails.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
          Well, our last Duck QB wasn't so bad.... Hope Herbert pans out
          Gale Gilbert?

Comment

• Pointyearedog
            Humble Chargers Fan
            • May 2017
            • Golden Hill
            • Medical Devices Operations
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
            herbert.PNG

Gees, he looks like Gomer Pyle in that photo. Could they not have come up with a better pic?
            I thought it was Bill Murray...
            "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

No fan would Hope this kid fails but I mean cmon....Herbie takin us to the Bowl?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Walter Football Grade:

Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - A Grade
                The Chargers must be praised like the Dolphins were for not trading up and yet still being able to land a franchise quarterback. The only reason this isn't an A+ is because I don't like Herbert as much as Tua Tagovailoa. I worry about Herbert making lots of mistakes once he's thrust into real NFL action - unlike the safe Senior Bowl and combine situations - but it's not like first-round quarterbacks pose much risk anymore. Just look at the Cardinals. They drafted Josh Rosen, then gave up on him for Kyler Murray with no penalty. This is the right pick because of the upside.

Comment

• Chargers33
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WahooBlue View Post
                  Damn...this set up perfect for the Chargers to take Simmons and then put a trade together to move back into the late first to take Jordan Love.
                  Simmons was a no brainer as either Ingram or Bosa will be leaving sooner than later.....Roll with Tyrod or sign Cam and let Love learn but now you have taken a guy that
                  just isn't that guy to take you to the AFC West Title much less a Super Bowl.

I guess it doesn't matter much because this is so Chargers....the only real pick that could have made Charger Fans really happy and over the top with excitement would have been if the Commish had said....." With the sixth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Los Angeles Chargers have TRADED the team and it will be moving back to San Diego without Dean Spanos and Family, Tom Telesco and Anthony Lynn involved"....new owners to be announced shortly.:cheers:
                  How much more excited would the fan base have been if we took Simmons and then came back up for Love or even rolled the dice on Hurts or one of the other QB's... Simmons is such a special defender that our defense would have been incredible with him. Sometimes I hate how boringly safe TT plays it in the first round, not always predictable but never goes for the Gusto!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Welcome Herbert. Let’s get this thing done

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                      herbert.PNG

Gees, he looks like Gomer Pyle in that photo. Could they not have come up with a better pic?
                      I'm good with that photo. It tells me he's for real and he's focused on what really matters. To me Herbert seems like a much more mature version of Ryan Leaf. Which is pretty damn good.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

NFL.COM analysis: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-no-6-overall

The Chargers have their man of the future under center.

Los Angeles selected Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert with the sixth overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Herbert finished off a four-year career at Oregon by bringing home the Rose Bowl victory and the game's MVP in January. The Eugene, Oregon, native will head south to Los Angeles to join a team in need of a future option at the position following the departure of longtime franchise signal-caller Philip Rivers.

It's Tyrod Taylor's team for now, but that might actually be the best situation for Herbert. The Ducks star and William V. Campbell Trophy (college football's academic Heisman Trophy) winner could benefit significantly from some time spent learning the pro game behind a veteran before officially taking the reins of the franchise, which is moving into its new home of SoFi Stadium in Inglewood.

He might not take the field immediately, but Herbert is now paired with a team that will expect him to become its guy for the next decade.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Walter Football Grade:

Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - A Grade
                          The Chargers must be praised like the Dolphins were for not trading up and yet still being able to land a franchise quarterback. The only reason this isn't an A+ is because I don't like Herbert as much as Tua Tagovailoa. I worry about Herbert making lots of mistakes once he's thrust into real NFL action - unlike the safe Senior Bowl and combine situations - but it's not like first-round quarterbacks pose much risk anymore. Just look at the Cardinals. They drafted Josh Rosen, then gave up on him for Kyler Murray with no penalty. This is the right pick because of the upside.
                          If he tanks we can replace him next year. Grading draft pick by how easy it is now to replace a bad pick. Kind of a weird rationale but whatever

Comment

Working...
                          X