Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post
    Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

three head coaches in four years, he had no receivers his junior year, 52 dropped passes recorded on stats by his receivers, he lost confidence in his receivers and he did hesitate with his passes. His receivers not only dropped passes they broke off routes, Ducks had three WR coaches in three straight years. His most dependable target got injured and was out for the season early his senior year. He did not trust his receivers for a good reason. The kid is big, he has deceptive speed, he has power and has a cannon. Will he be the next Fouts? Nope, he will be the next good QB if the Chargers can handle him right and not throw him to the wolves with no talent around him. This may be my only post..... not impressed with Charger fans here.....
    Welcome to the Board! Don't worry about the Debbie Downers. They will get over it as soon as Herbert runs for a few TDs.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

When PR left we all knew we'd need a QB.. We knew we had to start the search and this is the start. Give him a year on the bench and some good coaching and hope for the best. He does have all the physical tools.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Chargers33
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Shumway View Post

There seem to be a lot of great guys around here with some great football insight. It's typical for groups to get their favourites and lock in on that. Simmons was the big hope for the board collectively.

If you're a new Charger fan, I'd encourage you to stick around here and join in the group. Lead the Herbert bandwagon and they'll jump on board soon enough.
        Great insight. It's not that some of us don't like Herbert or don't think he can be successful ( Hope he is great) we just preferred someone else....We should all be able to express our opinion - or why bother having a forum. Today is the draft - Tomorrow he is OUR guy!! Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• screeme18
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2019
          • Send PM

I watch more UO Football than any other college team. I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by Herbert. Tall, Strong, good arm, way more athletic than he appears to be. He's going to have much more mobility than Rivers brought, and probably just as strong of an arm. I feel like he was at times inconsistent.. but there are a lot of good traits, and I would guess that unless he comes in and blows Tyrod out of the water, he gets a redshirt year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed we don't get a beast like Simmons on the D. He and James together would have been so fun to watch. An O Lineman would have really helped this team, Tevi or Pipkens at LT is a scary prospect. I would have gone that direction. But, I can't fault the team for going with a QB here, if they think he's a franchise guy, then you pull the trigger.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

three head coaches in four years, he had no receivers his junior year, 52 dropped passes recorded on stats by his receivers, he lost confidence in his receivers and he did hesitate with his passes. His receivers not only dropped passes they broke off routes, Ducks had three WR coaches in three straight years. His most dependable target got injured and was out for the season early his senior year. He did not trust his receivers for a good reason. The kid is big, he has deceptive speed, he has power and has a cannon. Will he be the next Fouts? Nope, he will be the next good QB if the Chargers can handle him right and not throw him to the wolves with no talent around him. This may be my only post..... not impressed with Charger fans here.....
            He wasn’t what many posters wanted but he’s a Charger now. By this time tomorrow he will be the best thing since sliced bread. It’s not personal just people venting over hopes built up for other picks. We’ve had a decade and a half of HOF QB play From Brees to Rivers. Only natural people will question the new kid on the block.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, seen worse....SD UT and CMB were at least as bad...
              Interwebs muscles.

Comment

• screeme18
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2019
                • Send PM

We can always use more Pacific NW peeps. Don't let everyone get you down. I think people are more disappointed. Give them some time... trust me, I've been on this board for years and years, before it was even "thepowderblues" even. We're like brothers. Lots of fighting and difference of opinion, but at the end of the day, we all want the same thing.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

One thing that will be interesting... in many ways Herbert is the anti-Rivers. He is very physically talented, he is reportedly humble, quiet and reserved, he has a cannon arm but does not have the accuracy/antcipation that Rivers did. Will be fun to watch the team adjust to that after becoming so used to Phil all those years. The change should be pretty dramatic.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Most of the guys were hoping for Simmons and they could have taken him - thus the griping. They will come around.

Come back often, I can use a fellow Duck fan.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

Someone doesn't remember that not long ago we all were rooting for Dug Flutie and Ryan Leaf...
                      Whelihan

Comment

• Shumway
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Perth Australia
                        • Send PM

Has everyone seen this one.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019