Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Herbert First....Nice receiver in the second...I'm smiling inside. or maybe corner. I'm good either way.
    I completely agree. We need a burner that can test that arm.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

He’s really not the third best qb in this draft when you watch the tape. It’s his potential upside that has evaluators rising him up the board. Right now he’s about the 5-6th best QB, time will tell.
      Disagree...won't bore anyone with details, cuz your sold otherwise...I saw response to coaching Senior bowl week, and I think he was under coached at Oregon, but kept his mouth shut and did his job.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
          The Powder Blues is the most pessimistic downer Chargers group. Can't believe the negativity. Look forward to coming back to this thread in two years.
          Actually, seen worse....SD UT and CMB were at least as bad...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

The Powder Blues is the most pessimistic downer Chargers group. Can't believe the negativity. Look forward to coming back to this thread in two years.
            No shit. It was ALWAYS going to be Tua or Herbert. It's hard for me to fathom that people expected us to pick a different position. Simmons is a stud and would be great on our D, but get real - we have Tyrod Taylor at QB and passing on a QB just means punting on the single most important position on the field to next year when our pick will be lower or taking a flyer on guys with way more question marks than Herbert.

Comment

• Joy Division
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Herbert will outplay the two quarterbacks taken in front of him. Better supporting cast. Smart and athletic.
              His jersey will be a top seller by 2022.

Go Bolts!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

For some boardies, no matter who the Chargers picked, it would be a terrible pick. They are happiest when they ain’t happy. Herbert is highly rated by all the professionals who do this stuff for a living. And the Chargers need a QB. And Telesco and his scouts know this team and this player better than any of us.
                TG
                Solid.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
                  Herbert will outplay the two quarterbacks taken in front of him. Better supporting cast. Smart and athletic.
                  His jersey will be a top seller by 2022.

Go Bolts!
                  Cinci sucks, Tuas gonna be benching next year...the odds are in your favor!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Duck fan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

three head coaches in four years, he had no receivers his junior year, 52 dropped passes recorded on stats by his receivers, he lost confidence in his receivers and he did hesitate with his passes. His receivers not only dropped passes they broke off routes, Ducks had three WR coaches in three straight years. His most dependable target got injured and was out for the season early his senior year. He did not trust his receivers for a good reason. The kid is big, he has deceptive speed, he has power and has a cannon. Will he be the next Fouts? Nope, he will be the next good QB if the Chargers can handle him right and not throw him to the wolves with no talent around him. This may be my only post..... not impressed with Charger fans here.....

Comment

• Shumway
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Perth Australia
                      • Send PM

I normally just lurk here but I'm going on record saying that I'm excited by the pick and the prospects for Herbert. I can't wait until he goes bananas on the rest of the league!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I guess I'm the only one that likes the pick. Everyone one here smarter than Telesco.

Don't care how good Simmons is, it is a QB league. Telesco thinks he will be a franchise QB, I agree.
                        Nope. You are not the only one who likes the pick. I am thrilled with the pick. He has all the tools, and he's a damn fine runner for a 6-6 240 lb man. Wait until he starts scoring TDs with his legs - some tunes will change. He's going to be a dual threat every time the Bolts are in the red zone. When did the Chargers ever have that? I expected the pick was going to be Tagovailoa or Herbert. I had preferred Tua, but I am happy with Herbert. Hopefully he is the next Dan Fouts/Philip Rivers for the Bolts.

Comment

• Shumway
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Perth Australia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post
                          Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

three head coaches in four years, he had no receivers his junior year, 52 dropped passes recorded on stats by his receivers, he lost confidence in his receivers and he did hesitate with his passes. His receivers not only dropped passes they broke off routes, Ducks had three WR coaches in three straight years. His most dependable target got injured and was out for the season early his senior year. He did not trust his receivers for a good reason. The kid is big, he has deceptive speed, he has power and has a cannon. Will he be the next Fouts? Nope, he will be the next good QB if the Chargers can handle him right and not throw him to the wolves with no talent around him. This may be my only post..... not impressed with Charger fans here.....
                          There seem to be a lot of great guys around here with some great football insight. It's typical for groups to get their favourites and lock in on that. Simmons was the big hope for the board collectively.

If you're a new Charger fan, I'd encourage you to stick around here and join in the group. Lead the Herbert bandwagon and they'll jump on board soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X