• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

I love the off-season wait no I don’t. How many comebacks has Justin orchestrated in his young career? Not to mention how many he would have if the defense even had a pulse? He’s a fine leader and he steps up and gives us a chance to win most games. Screw social media I hope keeps that kind of stuff way dialed back and the sofi commercials are awkward enough. Just throw heat and win games that’s it.

Moore better have him dialed in and unleashed there’s no more excuses IMO.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
      I love the off-season wait no I don’t. How many comebacks has Justin orchestrated in his young career? Not to mention how many he would have if the defense even had a pulse? He’s a fine leader and he steps up and gives us a chance to win most games. Screw social media I hope keeps that kind of stuff way dialed back and the sofi commercials are awkward enough. Just throw heat and win games that’s it.

Moore better have him dialed in and unleashed there’s no more excuses IMO.
      Herbert has 13 game winning drives in his 3 year career. As a comparison, Mahomes has 14 in his 6 year career and Josh Allen has 15 in his 5 year career. The notion that Herbert isn't clutch isn't really accurate.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

how many does Burrow have? And Im not too hot on stafford either. but I didnt know Herbert had that many game-winning drives in his short career.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Herbert has 13 game winning drives in his 3 year career. As a comparison, Mahomes has 14 in his 6 year career and Josh Allen has 15 in his 5 year career. The notion that Herbert isn't clutch isn't really accurate.
          the other thing is these other QBs havent been behind as much as Herbert has been and so their game-winning drives are much lower. bolt coaching staff doesnt believe in pedal-to-the-metal.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

the other thing is these other QBs havent been behind as much as Herbert has been and so their game-winning drives are much lower. bolt coaching staff doesnt believe in pedal-to-the-metal.
            Maybe you're thinking of the former OC. Moore's Dallas offense was #1 scoring O in'21, #4 last year Lombardi's Chargers were #5 in '21, #13 in '22.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I never said I was talking about KA or that KA said he needs to be Phil. I replied to a post by a fellow TPB brother that said it.

I have as much idea of every game Phil played as you or anyone else do - I watched them all too. I’m not going to re-litigate his career. He was a good QB and I liked him, but he didn’t win big games and thats just fact. I think Herbie is better and will prove it with time and statements he needs to “be like Phil” are wrong

Phil is gone, he put a goose egg in the Chargers trophy case. anyone that criticized herbie for not winning @JAX should pull up the tape of all of the 7 Phil playoff games he lost. Herbie just started, I’m riding with Herbie and others can go sit in the bleachers with Phil.
              We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Philip Rivers, because I don't think you have a clue.

But here's something else Herbert can learn from Philip Rivers--and nearly every other franchise quarterback in the NFL for the past 30 years. Send a text or call your first-round pick the night he's drafted, especially if he's a wide receiver.

5. Johnston said quarterback Justin Herbert has not yet reached out to him. “He followed me on Instagram when I first got drafted,” Johnston said. “I ain’t really get a chance to talk to him yet. But hopefully soon.”

Herbert is a nice guy, and I'm sure they'll get along just fine, but that is odd. Although I could be wrong, I think nearly every quarterback I've heard of, with the exception of maybe Jay Cutler, hasn't taken long to welcome the first-round pick to the team.

Johnston, the Chargers' first-round pick, was also among Los Angeles' six draft picks who signed their rookie contracts Friday.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Philip Rivers, because I don't think you have a clue.

But here's something else Herbert can learn from Philip Rivers--and nearly every other franchise quarterback in the NFL for the past 30 years. Send a text or call your first-round pick the night he's drafted, especially if he's a wide receiver.

5. Johnston said quarterback Justin Herbert has not yet reached out to him. “He followed me on Instagram when I first got drafted,” Johnston said. “I ain’t really get a chance to talk to him yet. But hopefully soon.”

Herbert is a nice guy, and I'm sure they'll get along just fine, but that is odd. Although I could be wrong, I think nearly every quarterback I've heard of, with the exception of maybe Jay Cutler, hasn't taken long to welcome the first-round pick to the team.
                You guys read way too much into things. Herbert is clearly an introvert. And while most QBs are pretty extroverted it matters not at all. When Johnston starts catching ropes from Herbert downfield nobody but a few on this forum will care he didn't get a text after being drafted.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

You guys read way too much into things. Herbert is clearly an introvert. And while most QBs are pretty extroverted it matters not at all. When Johnston starts catching ropes from Herbert downfield nobody but a few on this forum will care he didn't get a text after being drafted.
                  I didn't say it was a big deal. It is odd, though. I'm not saying he was intentionally insulting Johnston, or Johnston even took it that way, but all it takes is punching the following into a text: "Hey, Quentiin. Glad to have you. Looking forward to throwing you passes. Let's go win a Super Bowl."

But you seem to think Herbert is beyond reproach and doesn't need to do anything to improve. I guess you think there's nothing to Ekeler and Allen saying Herbert needs to take control of the offense and make it his team.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

As a comparison, Mahomes has 14 in his 6 year career
                    Probably half of those are against us.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

With that said, I am very pleased with Justin.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I think we can all agree that the biggest thing that is not wrong with this team is Herbert. He's not perfect, but he may be the best talent at QB this team has ever had, and, despite its lack of championship success, this franchise has had some of the greatest QB talent in league history. Herbert has been more than good enough to carry the Chargers to a Super Bowl in each of his three seasons and he will continue to be for the next ten-plus seasons. It's up to Telesco/Staley/Spanos to build a team around Herbert that can win Lombardis. Herbert can't do it by himself.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I didn't say it was a big deal. It is odd, though. I'm not saying he was intentionally insulting Johnston, or Johnston even took it that way, but all it takes is punching the following into a text: "Hey, Quentiin. Glad to have you. Looking forward to throwing you passes. Let's go win a Super Bowl."

But you seem to think Herbert is beyond reproach and doesn't need to do anything to improve. I guess you think there's nothing to Ekeler and Allen saying Herbert needs to take control of the offense and make it his team.
                          Not sure I ever said any player was beyond reproach or didn’t have things they could improve on - even guys like Ekeler or Allen.

Comment

Working...
                          X