• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not sure I ever said any player was beyond reproach or didn’t have things they could improve on - even guys like Ekeler or Allen.
    OK.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

You don't think Herbert hasn't heard 'be careful - you may end up just like Rivers' from him??? Yeah - agents can be slimy, but it's actually his agent's obligation to inform JH of ALL his options.

Don't worry - it's not in Herbert's DNA to be 'disloyal'. If anything he's too loyal . . . . . . . . and I'm being overly cynical, but if I was in JH's shoes I'd have to at least think about it . . . .
      If I were Herbert's agent I would hold off from signing an extension right now. I would wait and see how this season goes. If we don't make the playoffs, or we have another ridiculous finish to the season, I would talk to Herbert about exploring the possibilities of playing elsewhere--Seattle (Pete Carroll), Minnesota (Justin Jefferson), Washington (new ownership, with Magic Johnson involved), Detroit (if Dan Campbell gets the team into the playoffs this season), San Francisco (an elite quarterback with that team?), Pittsburgh (I don't think Pickett is the answer), Tennessee (Mike Vrabel's a good coach), and Atlanta (Kyle Pitts, Drake London, and Bijan Robinson) would be the teams I would talk to him about.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

If I were Herbert's agent I would hold off from signing an extension right now. I would wait and see how this season goes. If we don't make the playoffs, or we have another ridiculous finish to the season, I would talk to Herbert about exploring the possibilities of playing elsewhere--Seattle (Pete Carroll), Minnesota (Justin Jefferson), Washington (new ownership, with Magic Johnson involved), Detroit (if Dan Campbell gets the team into the playoffs this season), San Francisco (an elite quarterback with that team?), Pittsburgh (I don't think Pickett is the answer), Tennessee (Mike Vrabel's a good coach), and Atlanta (Kyle Pitts, Drake London, and Bijan Robinson) would be the teams I would talk to him about.
        Herbert is going nowhere. He wants to be here long term (said so himself a couple of weeks ago) and he will be here long term.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Yeah - this would be a consideration (for me), but I highly doubt it's any part of Herbert's decision making process. Like Rich says he's not going anywhere.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Maybe you're thinking of the former OC. Moore's Dallas offense was #1 scoring O in'21, #4 last year Lombardi's Chargers were #5 in '21, #13 in '22.
            we seemed to be in a lot of close games. is this O number from total yards or total O points?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

we seemed to be in a lot of close games. is this O number from total yards or total O points?
              thats scoring
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I didn't say it was a big deal. It is odd, though. I'm not saying he was intentionally insulting Johnston, or Johnston even took it that way, but all it takes is punching the following into a text: "Hey, Quentiin. Glad to have you. Looking forward to throwing you passes. Let's go win a Super Bowl."

But you seem to think Herbert is beyond reproach and doesn't need to do anything to improve. I guess you think there's nothing to Ekeler and Allen saying Herbert needs to take control of the offense and make it his team.
                Maybe they're just encouraging him to do exactly what he will be doing. No biggie.
                Moore and Nuss will install an offense that JH will be orchestrating.
                I don't expect Herbert to fail this test

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

You guys read way too much into things. Herbert is clearly an introvert. And while most QBs are pretty extroverted it matters not at all. When Johnston starts catching ropes from Herbert downfield nobody but a few on this forum will care he didn't get a text after being drafted.
                  Thoughtful or considerate person who wants to make things succeed or... someone defined as a Putz...

Dictionary
                  Definitions from Oxford LanguagesLearn more
                  putz
                  noun
                  1. 1.
                    INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
                    a stupid or worthless person.
                    "I'm not some two-bit putz who doesn't know the difference between Ouzo and Dom Perignon"

verb
                  1. INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
                    engage in inconsequential or unproductive activity.
                    "too much putzing around up there would ruin them"
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Interesting QB debate started by Alex Smith about defensive minded coaches which really applies to our situation in a big way...I think?

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

You don't think Herbert hasn't heard 'be careful - you may end up just like Rivers' from him??? Yeah - agents can be slimy, but it's actually his agent's obligation to inform JH of ALL his options.

Don't worry - it's not in Herbert's DNA to be 'disloyal'. If anything he's too loyal . . . . . . . . and I'm being overly cynical, but if I was in JH's shoes I'd have to at least think about it . . . .
                      Fair enough.
                      I believe Herbert is loyal to his teammates, coaches and his colors and wants to win a SB for and with all the preceding.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Herbert went from the best looking jerseys in college to the best looking jerseys in the NFL, why change?!?
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Herbert is going nowhere. He wants to be here long term (said so himself a couple of weeks ago) and he will be here long term.
                          Maybe? I mean if they shitcan the whole coaching staff after this season would you want to sign a long term contract unless things are stable? Having Lombardi basically screw up two seasons with mediocrity doesn't help there either. I think he knows he has value no matter what unless there's some kind of freak career ending injury.
                          Last edited by gzubeck; 05-18-2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X