• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

So what's new with the contract extension? Anything??

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He’s never seen Mahomes make a bad throw. the rest of us have.
      He must not have watched the 2nd half of the 2022 AFC Championship game against the Bengals where Mahomes was 7-13 for 59 yards and a pick while single handedly blowing the game. Even great QBs have bad games when healthy, something Herbert was not all last year. Herbert had 5 game winning drives last year alone, and would have had a 6th if the D would have held against KC when Herbert drove for a go ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left.

He will get his contract here at some point and be our QB long term.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Can't really blame him for wanting a ring . . . . . . . . there's no doubt his chances are better in KC than in LA . . . .
        Better hope that Herbert's not in the same frame of mind . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Better hope that Herbert's not in the same frame of mind . . . . . .
          You hope Herbert doesn't want to be Mahomes backup?
          That's kinda funny!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You hope Herbert doesn't want to be Mahomes backup?
            That's kinda funny!
            I think you know what I mean . . . . . . . . you know Herbert's agent is in his ear about it, but I don't think JH is mercenary enough to play the game that would be required to get him out of LA . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I think you know what I mean . . . . . . . . you know Herbert's agent is in his ear about it, but I don't think JH is mercenary enough to play the game that would be required to get him out of LA . . . .
              I don't know that about Herbert's agent. To the best of my knowledge, Herbert is straight arrow and wouldn't tolerate that kind of suggestion.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

I don't know that about Herbert's agent. To the best of my knowledge, Herbert is straight arrow and wouldn't tolerate that kind of suggestion.
                You don't think Herbert hasn't heard 'be careful - you may end up just like Rivers' from him??? Yeah - agents can be slimy, but it's actually his agent's obligation to inform JH of ALL his options.

Don't worry - it's not in Herbert's DNA to be 'disloyal'. If anything he's too loyal . . . . . . . . and I'm being overly cynical, but if I was in JH's shoes I'd have to at least think about it . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

You don't think Herbert hasn't heard 'be careful - you may end up just like Rivers' from him??? Yeah - agents can be slimy, but it's actually his agent's obligation to inform JH of ALL his options.

Don't worry - it's not in Herbert's DNA to be 'disloyal'. If anything he's too loyal . . . . . . . . and I'm being overly cynical, but if I was in JH's shoes I'd have to at least think about it . . . .
                  The Chargers can hold him for another 4+ years if they want, which they will. It’s not smart business for him to not negotiate a long term deal with large guaranteed dollars. His option next year is just under $30M, his long term deal will get him an avg well over $40m.

I don’t know 2025 franchise tag but 2024 is estimated at $38M - so maybe it’s $43M? He’ll make that on his deal, with a guarantee of over $200M (my guess)

Forget loyalty - business dictates he sign a long term deal with LAC. This Herbert Leaving meme is one of the dumber conspiracy theories to grip the populace with fear that we’ve seen in awhile.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Herbert is definitely a different sort of personality, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a negative. He acts like a leader in many ways; he always take responsibility (I need to be better), never throws anyone (players or coaches) under the bus, and leads by example. I think most would like to see him be more assertive - which I think we're going to get this year (year 4).

I think he's destined to be one of the best QB's to ever play the game - as long as he has the right support system.
                    Charger Mt. Rushmore
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Herbert is definitely a different sort of personality, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a negative. He acts like a leader in many ways; he always take responsibility (I need to be better), never throws anyone (players or coaches) under the bus, and leads by example. I think most would like to see him be more assertive - which I think we're going to get this year (year 4).

I think he's destined to be one of the best QB's to ever play the game - as long as he has the right support system.
                      Agreed. Moore and Nussmeier are actually an enormous step up in that regard.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Agreed. Moore and Nussmeier are actually an enormous step up in that regard.
                        Agreed . . . . . . . Hard to be worse

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

What do you think of that ?

Ranking the eight NFL divisions by quarterback: AFC claims top three spots; North headlines NFC side

Comment

Working...
                          X