• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cheap with HCs. Always pays his players then cheap out on the HC. Big difference.
    I think it’s important to remember that McVay was a cheap hiring at one point. By Kroenke of all people. I’m sure Spanos will have no problem paying Staley if he becomes as successful as McVay.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

I thought it was going to be more than that. Of course I'd like to see how it's structured, but I think it's a good deal for both sides.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Let’s get Ekeler’s take
        LOL. I don't think they'll be eating lunch at the same table.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think it’s important to remember that McVay was a cheap hiring at one point. By Kroenke of all people. I’m sure Spanos will have no problem paying Staley if he becomes as successful as McVay.
          Let’s hope they have to make that decision. They haven’t had to before

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Really glad to see this get done early, and remove ANY question or distraction about the future.

At the moment, he's the highest paid QB ever.

Justin Herbert, Chargers agree to five-year, $262.5 million extension (nfl.com)

$218.7 mil is guaranteed. ​

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

One key thing I forgot was that the new TV deal is going to kick in soon so the cap should go up even more soon to make this large contract more palpable. Great timing.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Let’s hope they have to make that decision. They haven’t had to before
                Last time was 2009 with Norv. Don’t remember the numbers for his extension though.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I understand Boltx. Herbert has basically a .500 record and 0 playoff wins in 3 years. Now the pressure is really on to deliver and justify that contract.

Of course, the cap keeps going up and that will likely continue in a 4-5 years his salary will become a lower percentage of the overall player salary cap and won’t seem as outsize as it does right now.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Or were they a product of Herbert?

Herbert needs speedy WRs and speedy WRs need Herbert.
                    agree...and frankly better OC than mr dump off, lombardi.... lombardi was a downgrade....

Comment

• colorado
                      Fan since '62
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Desert Rat
                      • Nothing but time on my hands
                      • Send PM

He can now get down to what he does best and that's play football. No side distractions.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

I understand Boltx. Herbert has basically a .500 record and 0 playoff wins in 3 years. Now the pressure is really on to deliver and justify that contract.

Of course, the cap keeps going up and that will likely continue in a 4-5 years his salary will become a lower percentage of the overall player salary cap and won’t seem as outsize as it does right now.
                        yeah, but that is not on Herbert..... its horrible coaching and playcalling .... so manyu dump off passes on 3rd and longs..... playing starters in a meaningless game losing MW to injury so he was out of playoffs........ and worst run defense in NFL...... pass defense has been bad too but hard to tell because most teams focus on running.....

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Herbert ain't. 500 the Chargers are.Herbert does enough to win.Time for this team,coaches and everyone involved pick it up.Lets go!
                          dataurl067158.jpg​

Comment

Working...
                          X