• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'll re-summarize that you were maybe silly to point to one bad throw and Velo is maybe silly to point to one allowed TD as a reason to criticize. its irrational to make a broad statement of any kind about any player based on one play. Velo went on for a dozen or more pages about the Kelce TD as if that was the only game-winning TD that Kelce ever caught and the only TD any safety had ever given up.

If you thought Velo was wrong, why are you doing the same thing? why not just let it go, bro. lets all hug it out - you and velo first. cmon now - get in there!

Be sure and hit like on this post, its packed with truth. and love
    What was so bad about what I wrote? Herbert did overthrow Keenan Allen. He can't do it again under those circumstances in a playoff game. He wasn't good in that game. He has to play up to his contract, just like everybody else. I'm sure he will. Just like I'm sure Derwin James will. Just like I'm confident (not sure yet) that Quentin Johnston will prove to be a steal for where he was drafted.

You're leaving out the fact that Velo has gone on and on about how Derwin James is overpaid and is not even close to being an elite safety. I have said on several occasions that Herbert is an elite quarterback. I defended him after last postseason's loss, when some on this board said Burrow is clearly better. I pointed to Burrow's shit performance in the Bengals' Wild Card victory over the Ravens, the game in which Sam Hubbard's 98-yard fumble return saved Burrow's ass. Herbert played like shit against the Jaguars, but he didn't have someone bail him out in the way Hubbard did Burrow. When this news came out about Herbert's extension, I said it looked like a good deal on both sides. I'm glad we don't have to worry about the quarterback position for years.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If that's your protest, I submit.
      I have sinned before and I'll sin tomorrow.
      I did not notice what thread it was, nor did I care.
      I DID notice your comment and it's timing so I responded to you. I don't know how that compares frankly, but at least we're getting to the root of it.
      I did like his comment, it was a risky but fair take and I knew we would be in the minority but well worth supporting, again, no player is above criticism.
      It's the timing of your post that smelled trollish, and to some degree I think you're revealing that, that's true since there is this consistent comparison between criticisms made between JG and DJ.
      I promise there is no discrimination between posters, you and Velo are my TPB brothers no more no less and I don't think I'm being inconsistent in my responses but if I am I'm sorry, it's not intentional.
      EOD, we disagree about what constitutes appropriate criticisms, that's fine. I'd hate to have a triangulated relationship between any Charger player, charger fan and myself.
      We're all on the same page and wish every player success.

Boltup.

Edit: special thanks to DMAC for acting as our forum-marriage counselor. Hope he doesn't charge much.
      Cheers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So this sounds like retaliation from any Derwin smack talk.
        No one is above criticism, but the timing was curious, you decide to criticize JH after he just got his 2nd contract?
        and without any context?

that's a trolly move, maybe that's not the intention, but a poor choice motivated by a petty motive. It's a charger board, don't be shocked if I or anyone else defends any player at any given time. I certainly expect it when I engage in criticism I find warranted.
        Well....did he or did he not overthrow a wide open receiver? I never mention it because it's a part of the game during those 60 minutes but it's ok to keep dwelling on the last 1.5 minutes?

Who cares if Herbert just signed his new deal! It was mentioned during and after the game but not mentioned lately. How soon we forget. Easier to blame the last guy and his play.

However.....that was when Herbert wasn't the highest paid QB and Derwin was at his position. Going forward, Herbert is not allowed to throw another INT lol.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well....did he or did he not overthrow a wide open receiver? I never mention it because it's a part of the game during those 60 minutes but it's ok to keep dwelling on the last 1.5 minutes?

Who cares if Herbert just signed his new deal! It was mentioned during and after the game but not mentioned lately. How soon we forget. Easier to blame the last guy and his play.

However.....that was when Herbert wasn't the highest paid QB and Derwin was at his position. Going forward, Herbert is not allowed to throw another INT lol.

I wrote a response and decided to delete and move on.
          I'm starting to understand that I'm doing TOB a favor by letting shit go.
          you're welcome TPB.

I'm sure we all believe we're being objective and "others" are being irrational.
          Yawn.
          lol
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He also banged one off a defenders helmet in the red zone.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
              [/B][/U]

Just remember - you get what you pay for . . . . . . . . . . . .
              GIF by NBC
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

great british baking show perfection GIF by PBS
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

From Alex Ingsdorf Twitter: Eric Kendricks says he "wants Justin Herbert to be a little arrogant" throwing the ball.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

For those that missed it

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Scroll to 7:45. Mike Sando and Colin Cowherd discuss Herbert and agree that Justin may be the most phenomenonal QB in the league, but the Chargers organization and the defensive and special teams failures are holding Herbert back.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Scroll to 7:45. Mike Sando and Colin Cowherd discuss Herbert and agree that Justin may be the most phenomenonal QB in the league, but the Chargers organization and the defensive and special teams failures are holding Herbert back.

YEP

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

YEP
                          YEP

Comment

Working...
                          X