• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree that am not so inspired by Brandon (similar to the hiring of Norv in lieu of RR), and.... think the bigger factor was Herbert's health, along w/some of the same among his supporting cast.

for the if and when we sign him to his mega deal, our roster will suffer some rather serious attrition, and.... if we are unlucky w/injuries come 2024, and.... Dean follows thru on putting the team up for sale, that could well force the Spanos' hand, and.... am under the impression that Staley's contract expires then (after the 2024 season, and not this next season), which would be a large factor as well ??
    KC seems to have weathered the Mahomes mega deal fairly well . . . . . . I was under the impression the Staley's contract was up after 2023 - but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the writing's on the wall though - if 2023 is not a success (at least a deep playoff run) Staley and TT will be goners . . . . . .

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

KC seems to have weathered the Mahomes mega deal fairly well . . . . . . I was under the impression the Staley's contract was up after 2023 - but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the writing's on the wall though - if 2023 is not a success (at least a deep playoff run) Staley and TT will be goners . . . . . .
      am pretty certain that this next season will be a success, and.... admittedly, peoples here have different measuring sticks for success, and....

best as I could find.... Staley makes $4m/year and signed a four year deal.... expires @the close of the 2024 season.

and don't think Dean had any intention of donating a cool $8m to Staley's sabbatical fund, and guessing the same will be true for the $4m still due @this season's end, and.... for better or worse.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Didn't the 2nd half start off 27-7...?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            So, wait, he holds absolutely no responsibility for the offense scoring three points in the second half?

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

he didnt have a really good 2nd half to keep it going but he didnt fall flat on his face either. i think the bigger loss was Michael Davis.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                he didnt have a really good 2nd half to keep it going but he didnt fall flat on his face either. i think the bigger loss was Michael Davis.
                I would agree with this.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

That would be OK on one & a half possessions. Not all on JH though. Blocking, play calling stunk.
                  We were weak in 3rd quarter offense all year. NFL weakest?

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    Didn't the 2nd half start off 27-7...?
                    D takeaways set the table for O. What were our 1st half O possession stats?

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

adjustments were made by Doug Pederson...lamebardi and stalebread tried to coast their way through the rout.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Probably mediocre... started in opportune situations IIRC.
                        The biggest problem for the offense was the 7 rushes for 7 yards in the 2nd half.
                        Rushing the ball on offense was a problem for us all year long.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

The team always struggled in the third quarter with Lombardi's offense throughout 2022. It's why he got axed.

We need a better running game and better run blocking. It would help Herbert so much.​

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Rushing the ball on offense was a problem for us all year long.
                          I recall a game when Herbert had more rushing yards than the RBs did. That is really bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X