• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy with this head coach, this defense, the so called "skilled" players - slowest damn skill players in the league
    OLine that can't block

Herbert can play better but come on, he needs better players around him and thats on Telesco and John Boy
    Cmon man, we have seen Rivers have a lot less talented receivers and make them look good. He had a couple guys off the street one year and did well then. Kelly Washington, Inman, Patrick Crayton came in a trade, Denario Alexander, and late picks Tutu, Legadu,....etc,etc. Rivers was said to throw a very catchable ball. Herbert is the Rifleman.

Our receivers would do fine elsewhere as well. It isn't like our receivers suck, you are just flat wrong there. They tried to incorporate Davis today for a change. And WTF, Fehoko played for Moore before, why isn't he inserted in the game instead of Doss? He has some speed as well.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

He is not a playmaker - he is a possession move the chains receiver

he is valuable in his role but playmaker - thats not Keenan Allen
      You are wrong. I already proved you are wrong earlier.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

In JH10 two most meaningful games....... 2021 Vs Raiders to make post season he had 13 poor throws and vs Jax in post season he had 10 poor throws. That 23 misfires by Herbert in two game he lost by a combined 4pts. Whether it's him or the scheme, coaches, line or whatever .....that's way too many missed throws in important games.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          You are wrong. I already proved you are wrong earlier.
          Keenan Allen is a very good NFL WR
          has had a very good career

he is not a playmaker at this point in his career
          that doesn't knock his career
          that is just the reality of where he is at in his career

Keenan Allen, like Herbert, like Slater, like Tuli - are not the problems on this team

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            In JH10 two most meaningful games....... 2021 Vs Raiders to make post season he had 13 poor throws and vs Jax in post season he had 10 poor throws. That 23 misfires by Herbert in two game he lost by a combined 4pts. Whether it's him or the scheme, coaches, line or whatever .....that's way too many missed throws in important games.
            "It is what it is."

How do you teach a QB to be clutch? Can a new HC do it?

I'm afraid this guy will just put up junk stats (yards, completions) without anything to show for it. If the last 3 games are any trend, he may not even put up a statistically "good" year at this point.

To be fair, it does seem like JH has a hand in his face on almost every single throw. 4 out of 5 spots on this line basically fell off a cliff overnight. This is how careers are wrecked.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Interesting to look back at the initial replies to this thread. A lot of the concerns coming true this year. Depressing.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Interesting to look back at the initial replies to this thread. A lot of the concerns coming true this year. Depressing.
                I was 65/35
                65% thought 12 win team

35% thought this thing could go sideways
                They need to tank and have a fire sale --
                Bosa, Mack, Ekeler, Davis, Kendricks -- all of them can go as far as I am concerned as none are the future

Heck - I think they owe it to Allen to ask him if he wants to ring chase -- his choice.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Keenan Allen is a very good NFL WR
                  has had a very good career

he is not a playmaker at this point in his career
                  that doesn't knock his career
                  that is just the reality of where he is at in his career

Keenan Allen, like Herbert, like Slater, like Tuli - are not the problems on this team
                  He is a better playmaker in 2023 that any time earlier in his career. That is what I am trying to help you understand. I posted his numbers in an earlier post to back that up. All of his playmaker numbers this season either exceed or equal the best years of his career.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

He is a better playmaker in 2023 that any time earlier in his career. That is what I am trying to help you understand. I posted his numbers in an earlier post to back that up. All of his playmaker numbers this season either exceed or equal the best years of his career.

Can Keenan Allen do what Kirk did on Thursday against the Saints taking a shallow cross for a 40 yard touchdown - he can't. Hell George Kittle makes more yards after contact than Allen does at this point

He has been a very good WR in the league for a long time and he is having a good year -- and he is not the problem. My point is more an indictment of Telesco and player personnel than Allen

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

What do playmaker numbers mean? Do you honestly think any defense is scared of him? LOL. The field is condensed because these WRs have no speed. They put NO PRESSURE on defenses. Oh no Keenan Allen might catch a 5 yard curl. What a joke. This type of fandom is what I suspect the GM and coach have. They don't look at what actually is happening, they look at names that are not what they were. Belichick was always right about getting rid of players 2-3 years early than overpaying and being stuck with has-beens.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

"It is what it is."

How do you teach a QB to be clutch? Can a new HC do it?

I'm afraid this guy will just put up junk stats (yards, completions) without anything to show for it. If the last 3 games are any trend, he may not even put up a statistically "good" year at this point.

To be fair, it does seem like JH has a hand in his face on almost every single throw. 4 out of 5 spots on this line basically fell off a cliff overnight. This is how careers are wrecked.
                        I believe you be diligent in practicing the two-minute offense while having a good plan with it, in which the team around the quarterback is fully prepared to handle the situation. Having a head coach who can remain calm under those circumstances and guide the quarterback along is crucial. Joe Montana had Bill Walsh. Tom Brady had Bill Belichick. Terry Bradshaw had Chuck Noll. Roger Staubach had Tom Landry. Lesser quarterbacks who won Super Bowls with game-winning drives, Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning, had Mike Tomlin and Tom Coughlin.

I don't believe any quarterback would come in and "be clutch" consistently while playing for Staley.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

What do playmaker numbers mean? Do you honestly think any defense is scared of him? LOL. The field is condensed because these WRs have no speed. They put NO PRESSURE on defenses. Oh no Keenan Allen might catch a 5 yard curl. What a joke. This type of fandom is what I suspect the GM and coach have. They don't look at what actually is happening, they look at names that are not what they were. Belichick was always right about getting rid of players 2-3 years early than overpaying and being stuck with has-beens.
                          Allen needs somebody on the opposite side of him that can create plays and what not. It is what made Joiner / JJ or Joiner/Chandler work so well,. MIke Williams is not reliable. Palmer is almost duplicative of Allen - more possession receiver, nothing after the catch.

I guess QJ was drafted to be that guy but he is not there yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X