• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

He was headed for 30+ and still might make it. Love to see that happen.
    He is averaging 2+ per game so he has a chance for 30. Would be really nice to see him light up the Raiders and break the record on TNF and get it on national TV.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They already picked up the option?

Maybe they sign him to a better four year deal for cap relief next season. Dont matter where he was drafted, he hasnt had a Tyrell type season yet,.. (Though he got 1000 yards last season)and he got 11 mil per season.
      The $11 mill thing that Tyrell got is probably not the issue this season. With the measures the league as taken, while the cap may not crater next season, it is going to be seriously restricted. About 13 teams may be at or over the cap for next year already (assuming the cap floor of $176 mill in place). Teams are just not going to be spending stupid money like before, and the number of teams who can spend stupid money is reduced.

Someone will probably be willing to pay Mike Williams a decent salary. His stats are actually somewhat similar to Tyrell, which is to say the kind of thing a team can use to rationalize overspending for a modestly productive WR. Time will tell.

The only thing is, unless he takes the big step up that he hasn't taken, then it should be us. The step he needs to do, is to become more consistent, particularly in route running, and getting off the press coverage. Between Guyton, Johnson, who are showing improvement, and we have Reed and Hill waiting in the wings, I don't think we have to over spend for a WR who is not going to be an elite player. Johnson and Guyton are 1 yr of experience (PS) and Reed and Hill are rookies, so they will get better, plus I think at least Johnson and Guyton have better chemistry with Herbert.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The $11 mill thing that Tyrell got is probably not the issue this season. With the measures the league as taken, while the cap may not crater next season, it is going to be seriously restricted. About 13 teams may be at or over the cap for next year already (assuming the cap floor of $176 mill in place). Teams are just not going to be spending stupid money like before, and the number of teams who can spend stupid money is reduced.

Someone will probably be willing to pay Mike Williams a decent salary. His stats are actually somewhat similar to Tyrell, which is to say the kind of thing a team can use to rationalize overspending for a modestly productive WR. Time will tell.

The only thing is, unless he takes the big step up that he hasn't taken, then it should be us. The step he needs to do, is to become more consistent, particularly in route running, and getting off the press coverage. Between Guyton, Johnson, who are showing improvement, and we have Reed and Hill waiting in the wings, I don't think we have to over spend for a WR who is not going to be an elite player. Johnson and Guyton are 1 yr of experience (PS) and Reed and Hill are rookies, so they will get better, plus I think at least Johnson and Guyton have better chemistry with Herbert.
        He'll go to the colts where Rivers can extend his career?!?!?!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

He has been off a bit the past few weeks. I'm thinking all the screens, & damn there were a lot of those, was to build his confidence back up. Which annoying as it was, because the Defense read it like a child's book, it paid off in the end. The last deep ball was an absolute thing of beauty. Hope he keeps that rolling.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

EpJ3sxVUcAEoVN0.jpeg

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

As good as he's been, I don't think they are getting everything from him that he's capable of. At Oregon he often rolled out and if his WR's were covered he would turn up-field and get yardage with his legs. He not a speedster like Lamar Jackson but he can run pretty good. The beauty of that is, it's a lot of pressure on the DB's.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                As good as he's been, I don't think they are getting everything from him that he's capable of. At Oregon he often rolled out and if his WR's were covered he would turn up-field and get yardage with his legs. He not a speedster like Lamar Jackson but he can run pretty good. The beauty of that is, it's a lot of pressure on the DB's.
                And in truly unsurprising fashion, our coaching staff is not taking advantage of his skillset.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Lynn wanted a mobile QB but it's like he is afraid to let him run

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Huge understatement
                    talent so obvious that any casual football fan can see
                    reminds me of watching LT his rookie year
                    I was rubbing my eyes after each game asking others if they saw what I saw
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

I was thinking the same thing. After that strike to TJ I was thinking about all of his roll outs left or right. He is dangerous on the move. Instead of call 20 screens in a game maybe mix in a PA rollout???? I don't these coaches have a hard time with any creativity to their game planning. Run. Stick to run. Screen stick to screen. Short yardage run right a or b gap. I mean come on. Let him chuck the deep ball at least 3 times a game. Those deep outs with his arm should be gravy. I just don't get Lynn or Steichen.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I was thinking the same thing. After that strike to TJ I was thinking about all of his roll outs left or right. He is dangerous on the move. Instead of call 20 screens in a game maybe mix in a PA rollout???? I don't these coaches have a hard time with any creativity to their game planning. Run. Stick to run. Screen stick to screen. Short yardage run right a or b gap. I mean come on. Let him chuck the deep ball at least 3 times a game. Those deep outs with his arm should be gravy. I just don't get Lynn or Steichen.
                        Translation= Steichen not a good OC.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Translation= Steichen not a good OC.
                          He was solid at the end of the first half, not sure what you’re talking about.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X