X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only winning team we beat was the Chiefs playing second stringers so though Parham and Anderson looked decent, they were playing against the Chiefs level that they are. I think they showed well as backups but i think its pretty clear we need to keep HH. Guyton IMO was less consistant than Johnson who dont think i saw him drop even one pass.

Next sesaon i hope we see more from Reed and Hill though i am intriqued by Ninja's idea of moving him to RB. He is 224 lbs and has a good run skill set. Thats something Lynn wouldnt ever do but maybe Staley and his OC, whoever that is will see it as an idea.
    If it is Steichen, i doubt it. Til then im mocking us a RB and probably a WR.
    Hill and Reed would have to be a whole lot better before I would want them having a greater role in the offense, especially Hill who showed very little other than being reluctant to return punts and a general inability to gain separation, which was supposed to be a strength of his. Guyton and Johnson are a very good fit with Herbert.

I also like the idea of Reed getting some involvement as a RB to give defenses more to consider, but not at the cost of a loss of snaps for Ekeler.

Comment

• Watching Allen play the past two weeks, I would much rather have Herbert. I do not think Allen sees the field as well as Herbert and Allen seems to have much more significant issues with his mechanics than Herbert does.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Hill and Reed would have to be a whole lot better before I would want them having a greater role in the offense, especially Hill who showed very little other than being reluctant to return punts and a general inability to gain separation, which was supposed to be a strength of his. Guyton and Johnson are a very good fit with Herbert.

I also like the idea of Reed getting some involvement as a RB to give defenses more to consider, but not at the cost of a loss of snaps for Ekeler.
        Hill and Reed were later round rookies. Surely they will get better.

And come on now, you aren't advocating Ekeler to be our every down RB are you? That isn't what he is so Reed, if he gets that chance I don't see a problem spelling Ekeler. You never know, he may be a fantastic RB.

Man you are early to shut the door on late round rookies. Guyton and Johnson spent time on PS's before they got their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hill and Reed were later round rookies. Surely they will get better.

And come on now, you aren't advocating Ekeler to be our every down RB are you? That isn't what he is so Reed, if he gets that chance I don't see a problem spelling Ekeler. You never know, he may be a fantastic RB.

Man you are early to shut the door on late round rookies. Guyton and Johnson spent time on PS's before they got their chances.
          No, I do not want Ekeler to get too many touches. I am good with Reed getting some touches at RB, but not at the expense of Ekeler's regular touches. I would like to see what Reed can do with the ball in his hands on offense. To me, that is worth a look.

Hill does not have enough to supplant either Guyton or Johnson. The athleticism is not there. The hope would be that Hill would become a poor man's Keenan Allen, but I do not see that kind of potential. To me, Hill was a good college player that is not good enough to have a significant role on an NFL team. He is not a bust because he was only a 7th round pick and I am okay with him being on the practice squad, but the guy does nothing well, so I definitely do not want him active on game days.

We can do better with a day 3 pick in this year's draft.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

He knocked a motherfucker out. He is a dude!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              He knocked a motherfucker out. He is a dude!

The only person he should get fired is whoever made the final call to chose Tua over him.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                Fucking trash of a pick. I look forward to Telesco and Lynn getting fired and this team moving out of LA. In 3-4 years I hope we have the #1 pick and don’t fuck it up this badly.
                Considering he’s getting all the rookie of the year hardware, now might be a nice time for a proper serving of crow. I’ll take a double portion. I invite all the other guys who talked shit after he was picked to show what you said and join me in this feast of crow!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

The only person he should get fired is whoever made the final call to chose Tua over him.
                  He got the entire coaching staff of the Chargers fired. He was that good. So good even Spanos couldn’t stand to see their good fortune squandered

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Considering he’s getting all the rookie of the year hardware, now might be a nice time for a proper serving of crow. I’ll take a double portion. I invite all the other guys who talked shit after he was picked to show what you said and join me in this feast of crow!
                    I was hoping for Simmons! Really bummed we took JH.......not so much that we picked Justin but IS was there and we passed.
                    Man, am I glad I wasn't in the draft room! GREAT pick TT!
                    Herbert has ALL the tools - demeanor,intelligence, leadership, humiltiy, not to mention athleticism and HUGE arm strength.
                    If somehow our bungling front office can stay out of the way of our football guys, this kid will give us a legitimate shot of being perennial contenders, something we have NOT been since LT left.
                    Outside of a few years in the Naughties, I've not been this excited about Charger football since the Air Coryell days.
                    Last edited by WindsorUK; 01-31-2021, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I was hoping for Simmons! Really bummed we took JH.......not so much that we picked Justin but AS was there and we passed.
                      Man, am I glad I wasn't in the draft room! GREAT pick TT!
                      Herbert has ALL the tools - demeanor,intelligence, leadership, humiltiy, not to mention athleticism and HUGE arm strength.
                      If somehow our bungling front office can stay out of the way of our football guys, this kid will give us a legitimate shot of being perennial contenders, something we have NOT been since LT left.
                      Outside of a few years in the Naughties, I've not been this excited about Charger football since the Air Coryell days.
                      Right there with you. I can't remember which Greek philosopher said it but it went something like "The only thing that we can be sure of is that we know nothing. And we can't even be sure of that.".
                      I'm so glad that I know nothing & they picked Herbert.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He got the entire coaching staff of the Chargers fired. He was that good. So good even Spanos couldn’t stand to see their good fortune squandered
                        Coach Killer, GM Saver!

:hello:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X