• 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    interesting opinion...
    Would anyone here trade Herbert for Burrow preinjury?
    I might be able to understand if someone would but it’s a big fat no from me.
    if yes, tell why.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

interesting opinion...
      if yes, tell why.
      Same here. I rather see JH’s deep bomb connections than Burrows short/intermediate passes.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

interesting opinion...
        if yes, tell why.
        Not a chance - PFF has spent a lot of time this season downplaying Herbert's success.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

interesting opinion...
          if yes, tell why.
          :what:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

LOL...watch the Burrows video...it was a terrible throw, complete luck.

Herbert is an afterthought, because a lot of people in this league just think the Chargers are never gonna be good...and this whole record breaking year was an anomaly and a waste...if Burrows went full season, they would be crowing about him nonstop, and even if he never approached Herbert's records, he might have won ROY...just because of what he did in college...

Hope to hell we start changing the way people think...

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Herbert is an afterthought, because a lot of people in this league just think the Chargers are never gonna be good...and this whole record breaking year was an anomaly and a waste...if Burrows went full season, they would be crowing about him nonstop, and even if he never approached Herbert's records, he might have won ROY...just because of what he did in college...

The Chargers get the respect that they have earned - almost nothing. I do disagree that Herbert is an afterthought - he got a lot of national attention even with a coach very reluctant to turn him loose.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Interview of Justin Herbert...at least we know one offensive linemen that will be back next year. Dan Feeny. LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Going to disagree about the throw. It was a good connection throw to his receiver. He either catches it or no one does.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    So PFF after review of the 2020 top 3 rookie QBs play, says Burrow is still the best QB in that draft class.
                    The reason, his top 5 accuracy on intermediate throws is already elite level. And that trait is more stable going forward to predict success.
                    Herbert play under pressure was insanely good and better than Borrow. But his clean pocket graded a full 10pts below Burrow performance in clean pockets. And their conclusion is that the things Burrow did well with clean pocket and intermediate throws are more stable traits year to year.
                    ​​​​​​What Herbert can do is work on his intermediate touch and timing to become elite there like Burrow. And then he will end any debate moving forward of who will end up the best QB from the 2020 class.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                    This makes a lot of sense. I looked at Herbert's "good throw percentage" and it was 71 percent. Burrow was at 76 percent. Brees is at 81 or 82 percent. For comparison, Drew Lock was at 62 percent. Herbert has some work to do to improve his intermediate throws, to improve his accuracy, and to improve his timing. I hope he gets there.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

This makes a lot of sense. I looked at Herbert's "good throw percentage" and it was 71 percent. Burrow was at 76 percent. Brees is at 81 or 82 percent. For comparison, Drew Lock was at 62 percent. Herbert has some work to do to improve his intermediate throws, to improve his accuracy, and to improve his timing. I hope he gets there.
                      I suspect having a bit more time will make him more comfortable in the pocket and help with this.

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

interesting opinion...
                        if yes, tell why.
                        No way. Burrow was always a one year wonder in college.

At OSU he was benched by Urban Meyer in favor of Dwayne Haskins.

He transferred to LSU and had an average 1st year there.

Burrow didn't take off until he teamed up with Joe Brady who is widely credited with implementing the offense that helped burrow break all those passing records.

Burrow was way overdrafted and will end up being just an average qb but not a bust.

From the article:

"Where he (burrow) struggled was obviously throwing the deep ball. His 20.8% adjusted completion percentage on throws beat out only Dwayne Haskins and Mitchell Trubisky"

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          Interview of Justin Herbert...at least we know one offensive linemen that will be back next year. Dan Feeny. LOL!

Dude, Money Badger could be Spider Man's double!

Comment

Working...
                          X