• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Love that piece….Herbs and Stales…lets hope its a pairing we see for a long time due to much success

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I was just looking at some numbers.......If we win 2 more games in a row not only will Justin Herbert be .500 as a starting QB but he will have gotten the all time Franchise WIn Loss record to .500 as well

Soon after that men we will be winners, Herbert/Staley era I expect will get us a nice over .500 margin

I am more optimistic and excited about our future than I remember being ever.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I hope this isn't premature but...
        Has anyone figured out how Herbert is able to play so well thus far in 2021 without the coaching and mentorship from Steichen and Hamilton?
        I would hate to think I wasted my offseason worrying about Herbert's regression from not having access to those 2 guys.
        P1. Block Destruction
        P2. Shocking Effort
        P3. Ball Disruption
        P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Has anyone figured out how Herbert is able to play so well thus far in 2021 without the coaching and mentorship from Steichen and Hamilton?
          I would hate to think I wasted my offseason worrying about Herbert's regression from not having access to those 2 guys.
          He never went to elite QB camps as a kid, instead helped his teammates get better. He was not a full time QB.

He was a true student athlete at Oregon and took his studies seriously. He was not a full time QB.

As soon as he was a pro he went full time, hired the individual coaching he hadn't had before, and dedicated himself to his game. His fundementals improved drastically

Herbert was responsible for his own improvement. Pep and Steichen helped. Current coaches are better and help more as they run more modern and creative schemes.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He never went to elite QB camps as a kid, instead helped his teammates get better. He was not a full time QB.

He was a true student athlete at Oregon and took his studies seriously. He was not a full time QB.

As soon as he was a pro he went full time, hired the individual coaching he hadn't had before, and dedicated himself to his game. His fundementals improved drastically

Herbert was responsible for his own improvement. Pep and Steichen helped. Current coaches are better and help more as they run more modern and creative schemes.
            I’ve had these same thoughts.

It boggles the mind to think about how good this kid’s gonna after a few years of experience and coaching/scheme consistency.

We must continue to build around him. RT should be our 1st round pick in 2022.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Just be glad we didnt hire your boy Urban. Already hearing he is all shaken by losing including in preseason. Look for him to last 1 season because he isnt going to win much this year. His vet players are complaining about the practices that he runs as well.

Glad we dodged that bullet.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

It boggles the mind to think about how good this kid’s gonna after a few years of experience and coaching/scheme consistency.

TT needs to build on the momentum and keep piling talent to our trenches. RT, DE, NT. Skilled positions like TE and RB can wait till mid rounds.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just be glad we didnt hire your boy Urban. Already hearing he is all shaken by losing including in preseason. Look for him to last 1 season because he isnt going to win much this year. His vet players are complaining about the practices that he runs as well.

Glad we dodged that bullet.
                  Haha yes, I'm glad a few things didn't go my way
                  or else we would be coached by Meyer
                  while starting Tua with Orlando Brown Jr protecting his blindside....
                  P1. Block Destruction
                  P2. Shocking Effort
                  P3. Ball Disruption
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Pep Hamilton was the one I was nervous to see leave.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I would not gripe at all to see us go RT in round 1, but we also need help on the D-line interior and potentially in the secondary. Harris is starting to get long in the tooth, and Adderly still hasn’t proven he’s the long-term answer at FS. And we may need to look at a new DE if Nwosu doesn’t have a breakout season.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I would not gripe at all to see us go RT in round 1, but we also need help on the D-line interior and potentially in the secondary. Harris is starting to get long in the tooth, and Adderly still hasn’t proven he’s the long-term answer at FS. And we may need to look at a new DE if Nwosu doesn’t have a breakout season.
                        We have space for 1 maybe 2 splash FA signings plus a couple guys.

I would extend Fackrell and Aboushi at this point. Cutting Bulaga frees up $11M. Before signing MW we'd have like $55M-$57M in cap with way fewer holes.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

All good points. But the deepest position groups in the 2022 draft are CB then edge. And, like what Equivocation was saying, we will have $$$, including Bulaga’s $11M.

All things considered, the smart move would be to secure a RT in R1 to fill Bulaga’s vacancy and ensure Pipkins never sees the field.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X