• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think it's actually $10 mil...but still he's unproven to earn even that.
    No, it’s just a shade under 11.8 million, but it doesn’t matter, he’s not worth what he’s scheduled to make this season let alone almost 12 million per year…

here’s the link, it says 11.727 million
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I can’t speak for anyone, but I think the point was that things will heat up after the draft, not that there are any issues.
      I highly doubt there are any issues . . . . . . . . . they're just prioritizing the draft (which they should), but after the draft they need to get to it - the longer they wait the more expensive it gets . . . .

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I highly doubt there are any issues . . . . . . . . . they're just prioritizing the draft (which they should), but after the draft they need to get to it - the longer they wait the more expensive it gets . . . .
        I heard rumors that his agency is stalling until after other QBs sign their deals so they can get him the best deal possible, it’s not just the FO calling the shots…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I heard rumors that his agency is stalling until after other QBs sign their deals so they can get him the best deal possible, it’s not just the FO calling the shots…
          Lots of rumors these days . . . . . .

Comment

• Buckethead
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2022
            • Send PM

He sure as hell ain't getting any cheaper after the Lamar Jackson deal.

Might want to get on it.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Is there really that big of a rush to re-sign him?

There's a good chance this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. That would be year 4 with no signature wins under his belt. May help better shape perspective about whether we want to make that kind of commitment and if we do, might at least bring his price down a bit.

You gonna give the biggest contract in NFL history to a guy that hasnt even won a playoff game or come close to securing a division title? Madness. Look, he's talented but he's not untouchable. Let go of the notion that he HAS to be the guy until he absolutely grabs that mantle and says "I'm him."
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Is there really that big of a rush to re-sign him?

There's a good chance this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. That would be year 4 with no signature wins under his belt. May help better shape perspective about whether we want to make that kind of commitment and if we do, might at least bring his price down a bit.

You gonna give the biggest contract in NFL history to a guy that hasnt even won a playoff game or come close to securing a division title? Madness. Look, he's talented but he's not untouchable. Let go of the notion that he HAS to be the guy until he absolutely grabs that mantle and says "I'm him."
                    Kyler hasn't won one. Watson hasn't won one and they were the highest paid quarterbacks at one point, .....I don't think that's the criteria for paying your franchise QB. It's thinking he can get you to a SB.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Kyler hasn't won one. Watson hasn't won one and they were the highest paid quarterbacks at one point, .....I don't think that's the criteria for paying your franchise QB. It's thinking he can get you to a SB.
                      Browns and Cardinals...model franchises to emulate!
                      ​​​​​​And I think you made my point with those ridiculous numbers that Watson and Murray got.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Browns and Cardinals...model franchises to emulate!
                        ​​​​​​And I think you made my point with those ridiculous numbers that Watson and Murray got.
                        Does Lamar have one? If he does, he has 1 and been hurt the last two seasons.

What are you implying anyways? That we should move on from Herbert?
                        This stupid franchise has given him 3 different offensive systems going in his 4th season. Keeps hiring first time HCs.

Blame the shit owner who I hope he pays Herb and is forced to sell.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Does Lamar have one? If he does, he has 1 and been hurt the last two seasons.

What are you implying anyways? That we should move on from Herbert?
                          This stupid franchise has given him 3 different offensive systems going in his 4th season. Keeps hiring first time HCs.

Blame the shit owner who I hope he pays Herb and is forced to sell.
                          All I'm saying is that we should have an open mind to all options. And that giving Herbert the richest contract in NFL history may not be the best thing for the franchise moving forward, as strange as that sounds. Because to me it all hinges on year 4 - if it's another year of "Social Media QB," ie pretty throws but no signature wins, then I'm for moving on.

Because nobody is going to look back on the Watson and Murray deals (and now probably Lamar and Herbert) and say, "Wow, they really made a great choice there."

Comment

Working...
                          X