• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I agree. I don't think studying is a problem for him so throw the entire playbook at him. And have him continuing to work on his mechanics and go over the playbook with Shane and Rip.

Edit: I still think they should get a QB coach for Herbert even if the only job is to help him work on his fundamentals. Luckily Herbert isn't Tebow level bad.
    Again, Jim Caldwell -- makes way too much sense if he wants a job.. I know he stepped away from Miami last year for health reasons but he can work part-time during the season; training camp - would be an excellent mentor.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

And Feeney has 3 years starting experience. He has a leg up in competition or could be kept on as an experienced backup at two positions. Lamp has no experience and probably only one position. He needs to win the starters job to be safe. And he’s never been able to do that.

I don’t say he can’t, I say he needs to perform at a higher level right now to keep his job.

and the new OL coach Has no investment in him. Hes an easy cut.
      New oline coach and blocking scheme. He may just as easily love him. Time will tell.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wu-dai, what is your opinion of the Herbert pick?
        I was not a Herbert fan pre draft...wanted heavy D.
        My current opinion is that I like the pick.

Toolsy but don't be foolsy Justin.

Listening to AL talk Pistol-RPO a light went off.

Lynn said QBs must always be able to deliver from the pocket, but our QBs will now be moving around also.

Herbert, Tyrod, Oline everything takes on a new perspective.

Edit:More than anything, I yield to Steichen.
        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-26-2020, 03:40 PM.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

New oline coach and blocking scheme. He may just as easily love him. Time will tell.
          I hope so. Because a 4th quality starter would make a lot of difference.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I was not a Herbert fan pre draft...wanted heavy D.
            My current opinion is that I like the pick.

Toolsy but don't be foolsy Justin.

Listening to AL talk Pistol-RPO a light went off.

Lynn said QBs must always be able to deliver from the pocket, but our QBs will now be moving around also.

Herbert, Tyrod, Oline everything takes on a new perspective.

Edit:More than anything, I yield to Steichen.
            If you wanted heavy D you must not be a fan of the draft this year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If you wanted heavy D you must not be a fan of the draft this year.
              We must be pliable and not get all butt hurt when things don't go our way.

Justin and wood are maturing rapidly.

I honestly feel for The Trenchers...these big four OTs are very good. Even Austin Jackson went at #17.

I like to step back from touting post draft jammer, and get at the big picture. To this end, I have just examined 32 new depth charts. Everybody loaded up with offense.

Our draft had a clear theme. I am pointing to the meat of the draft. Kelley, Reed and Hill. Hands. Consistency. Move the chains. Compete with the offenses of the new NFL by controlling the pace. (Rivers was so hyper.)

We traded up for Murray knowing that him, Queen and Jordan Brooks would be gone by #37, and that there would be PLENTY of RBs/WRs late, even with fewer picks.

TT is smart. We are building a team and a culture. Yet, tell me it wasn't a bad idea for TT to stay away from drafting Oline, given his track record ?
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Re: OL
                I have to believe that:
                a) Campen has reviewed the LAC OL tape, Norton XFL tape + Bulaga, Turner, Pouncey, spoken with the players & coaches for @ two months and believes he can move forward in 2020 with a respectable OL product
                or:
                b) Telesco has an OL move up his sleeve
                or:
                c) both.
                I'm just going with the flow personally. I can't bring myself to believe that TT & Lynn are willing to accept another stinker OL performance and/or don't know what they're doing.
                McRugs has pointed out that as of 4:00 pm ET on the 27th (tomorrow) we can sign Peters without damaging the 2021 comp pick for Rivers.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I honestly feel for The Trenchers...these big four OTs are very good. Even Austin Jackson went at #17.

I like to step back from touting post draft jammer, and get at the big picture. To this end, I have just examined 32 new depth charts. Everybody loaded up with offense.

Our draft had a clear theme. I am pointing to the meat of the draft. Kelley, Reed and Hill. Hands. Consistency. Move the chains. Compete with the offenses of the new NFL by controlling the pace. (Rivers was so hyper.)

We traded up for Murray knowing that him, Queen and Jordan Brooks would be gone by #37, and that there would be PLENTY of RBs/WRs late, even with fewer picks.

TT is smart. We are building a team and a culture. Yet, tell me it wasn't a bad idea for TT to stay away from drafting Oline, given his track record ?
                  i like it wood.
                  initially it didn't sit well with me to think we drafted out future QB and followed with no offensive guys until round 4.
                  my worry was/is that we yet again fail to protect our franchise qb
                  i'm more than ever convinced that the plan is for Tyrod to start until we have 5 guys on the oline that can grow together
                  probably not until 2021
                  priority for me is a young athletic center as smart as Herbert
                  Quessenberry perhaps?
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

His track record?Hes the GM if he cant figure it out maybe he needs to employ an expert.Just sayin,ignore it all they want, we need more help on the left side.
                    Last edited by Boltgang74; 04-26-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

His track record?Hes the GM if he cant figure it out maybe he needs to employ an expert.Just sayin,ignore it all they want, we need more help kn the left side.
                      I remember watching one season 5-10 years ago when New England had such a decimated Defense and Oline that they ran double TE sets for additional blocking. At least we don't have to do that with bulaga on one side. LOL!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

We probably are going to play a lot more 2 TE sets, but that is more to help the running game than to help out the pass protection by having the TE outside the OT.

Whetehr it is Hebert or Taylor, AL has always said he wants to run the ball more, and 2 TE is an effective way to do that. IT lengthens the formation, forcing the front 7 to spread out, and it forces the to either 2 gap, or to bring up a S out of deep coverage to play in the box to defend the 8th gap on the end of the line. And with some motion, the 2nd TE or a wingback can do a lot to confuse and disrupt a D plan for run support and pass coverage.

2TE also provides some advantages over 2 RB offenses in terms of simplifying reading pass coverages and forcing defenses to commit to showing their hand earlier, although not to the same degree as using 3 WR can.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Optimism :thumbsup::anchorjump:

Comment

Working...
                          X