• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

10Y - 40 split is a key explosion metric as well. When you take all 3 in combination, it gives an excellent window into that particular metric.

Take JJacks.
    His sub 1.6 10YS, 36”+ vert, and 10’+ broad equal top tier explosive components.
    Add in his film of excellent vision and dynamic cutting ability and you have an explosive player.
    Injuries have been his derailing factor.

Larry is the odd man out as all his explosion traits are sub par. His vision, effort, passpro skill and contact balance will have to be his ticket onto the roster.
    Ninja, how much explosion would you say MG3 has?

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ninja, how much explosion would you say MG3 has?
      Above average.
      MGIII issues revolve around lack of vision. Burst/explosion is mute if you’re indecisive or simply run to darkness, up a lineman’s back, or put your helmet down into contact.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Luck plays a huge part of talent acquisition. Nobody wanted Ekeler even with his incredible pro day. Many dismissed Herbert's talents. TT got lucky with both. I say lucky with Herbert because although he was a solid pick at 6, his level of performance far exceeded anyone's expectations.
        TT didn’t need luck for JH - he just listened to me.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

So the great picks and pickups Telesco adds are just lucky. And the ones that don’t work out are because he is a poor GM?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            So the great picks and pickups Telesco adds are just lucky. And the ones that don’t work out are because he is a poor GM?

TG
            Lol, yeah.

According to Telesco Herbert was #1 on his board for 2 years. Maybe "Lucky the 2019 Chargers sucked so much they could get him"? Or "lucky the Fins had NO IDEA"?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Above average.
              MGIII issues revolve around lack of vision. Burst/explosion is mute if you’re indecisive or simply run to darkness, up a lineman’s back, or put your helmet down into contact.
              Yep...agree on Mel's vision issues...he also seemed to have issues getting tripped up easily by shoestring tackles...

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Picking RBs round 1 is just poor positional value as well. I'm glad that stopped and hope it continues to stop.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                  No. There's a certain amount of luck of the draw involved though.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    Picking RBs round 1 is just poor positional value as well. I'm glad that stopped and hope it continues to stop.
                    I'd be fine if they grabbed one in the 1rst round next year, provided that he is an elite rb.
                    They don't have to reach.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'd be fine if they grabbed one in the 1rst round next year, provided that he is an elite rb.
                      There is just no way I would ever draft one in the first round. If they turn out to not be a top 5 back then you wasted your pick. If the do turn out to be a top 5 back you have to pay them a lot on their second contract and that can really bite you in the ass. Or you can let them walk after their first contract and then basically you only got 5 years out of your first round pick when you were correct on the evaluation. Yeah, 5 years of a probowl RB is better than no probowl years of Jerry Tillery, but the ceiling for what you can get out of other positions is just so much higher.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

LT was easily worth the 5th pick in the 1st.

I liked Najee Harris with our 2nd. Pit took him at 24.We got a very good CB prospect, Samuel at 47. probably for the best, I hope.
                        If we want a top RB, the odds of getting one are better early.
                        Plan ahead, TT. We don't want another Melvin Gordon.

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

LT was easily worth the 5th pick in the 1st.

I liked Najee Harris with our 2nd. Pit took him at 24.We got a very good CB prospect, Samuel at 47. probably for the best, I hope.
                          If we want a top RB, the odds of getting one are better early.
                          Plan ahead, TT. We don't want another Melvin Gordon.
                          Absolutely. And AP was worth the pick when he was taken. But how many running backs in the last 20 years (it's been so long since LT was drafted) have been worth it? You basically have to be an all time great HOF RB to justify the pick. I just wouldn't be confident enough that any player would be that level player at the point I drafted them.

Like look at what has happened with Zeke and Gurley. Probably two of the top 5 backs we've had in the last decade. Even if they reach their ceiling they fall off so quickly and cost so much on that second contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X