Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
    I wont be surprised if we use taylor and herbert at the same time in some packages both are dual threat QBs
    I always say,
    if you’re not going to win for me
    fucking ENTERTAIN ME.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I always say,
      if you’re not going to win for me
      fucking ENTERTAIN ME.
      Exactly at least try
      thats why i believe rivers was a liabity for lynn
      The offense will look really diferent without rivers we couldnt do many things because of his lack of mobility so the playbook was shortened

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Exactly at least try
        thats why i believe rivers was a liabity for lynn
        The offense will look really diferent without rivers we couldnt do many things because of his lack of mobility so the playbook was shortened
        But he could read defenses and make better throws that open up playbooks but I digress. Taylor starts this year and Herbert learns, here’s hoping Taylor pulls a Brees and starts slinging the ball more.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

But he could read defenses and make better throws that open up playbooks but I digress. Taylor starts this year and Herbert learns, here’s hoping Taylor pulls a Brees and starts slinging the ball more.
          Last year wasnt the case, im a rivers fan i like him but it was time to move on

Comment

• Ghetty
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Regardless of season it be good to see Herbert come in for a few starts late in the season. Let him build confidence in the system, his team mates and get competitive with Tyrod. Herbert shows off bigger arm and Taylor, + coaches mentor how to keep turnovers to a minimum. It will be a good building year for Herbert thanks to the vet qb. I can see the bolts being being roughly a .500 team. The roster is built solid through and through. Special teams looks promising as well which usually looks cringy. With things coming together and herberts development, would love to see the fans get a taste of the future.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Lol. Why the fuck not?
              Dude's name is "Pep."

We got dis figured out, blue.

The literalists are so wrong.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet but an excellent breakdown of Herbert’s mechanics, physical tools, and character makeup.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  The thing I really don't like when I hear everyone talking about when to play him is it sounds like that is the priority. Instead of, he has things he needs to accomplish, then he will get on the field.

In a regular season, the offense is installed in OTA's and minicamps. TC they do a quick refresher of the install, and then get right to competing against each other for position.

This year, how are they going to do that. It doesn't look like any of the traditional offseason is going to happen, and everything will have to be done in TC.

I saw a local interview with Rivera once where he talked about how much it takes to get a rookie ready to start day 1. If a position player comes in, don't miss any (significant) time with injuries or holdouts, then they get about 1000 reps by the time the season starts, if they are a high achiever, then you can be can be ready to play. Presumably, QB is on more or less a similar time scale. Harder positon, but a guy who probably has more awareness of what the offense is, and there is going to be some carryover from passing concepts no matter what offense he has played in.

But this year, he is probably going to miss at least half, probably 2/3 of the snaps he would have otherwise gotten, if they play at all. I would also say he is not a great candidate for being ready earlier rather than later. Played in many offenses, but probably didn't truly master any of them. Didn't play in a pro style offense, they were all college style offenses, so that adds more to the learning curve. He has mechanical issues to fix, although that to me is mostly about footwork.

can he????? I hate to start making decisions about what my expectations are going to be before the guy has even gotten his playbook, I don't think the coaches even know exactly the offense is going to look like, just because we added a couple of new coaches, and with new QB's (Taylor and Hebert) and new RB's and TE, and the fact that we have some rookies... I think everything is a work in progress.

I just think it is pushing it to presume anyone really knows. Each player will react to the situation according to the gifts god gave him. Some players get the same opportunity and excel from day 1. Some take time. Some never adjust. We will have to see what happens to Hebert.
                  Very good points, Steve. We certainly don't want to rush Herbert before he's ready. If we rush him, and he has a bad game or two, that could really damage his confidence. In Stitch's interview, he talked about all the nuances and things that are done at the pro level, compared to the college level. Do not rush Herbert, folks...let him sit and learn a year...even Mahomes sat a year behind Smith...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

1. Take voice lessons to learn how to command an NFL huddle.
                    2. Learn the language of the Steichen Offense.
                    3. Use STRIVR & QBSIM to master the art of reading NFL defenses.

This accelerated course takes six weeks to complete.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      1. Take voice lessons to learn how to command an NFL huddle.
                      2. Learn the language of the Steichen Offense.
                      3. Use STRIVR & QBSIM to master the art of reading NFL defenses.

This accelerated course takes six weeks to complete.
                      LOL...good one, Wood. If only it was that easy...on the other hand, Herbie did earn a 4.0 GPA, so he's pretty smart...

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Looks like Pep Hamilton is our new QB coach. Nice smokescreen by TT I guess

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Last year wasnt the case, im a rivers fan i like him but it was time to move on
                          Yeah but the 15 years before that it was. I agree we should stick to focusing on Taylor Herbert and Stick because their is nothing to gain from bashing an all time Charger great.

Comment

Working...
                          X