• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
    I think Tyrod gets hurt at some point. That's just my guess.

If it's really early, we may see Stick... later in the season, Herbert will go in there.
    I’m gonna predict that Stick never starts a single game in the NFL ever.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m gonna predict that Stick never starts a single game in the NFL ever.
      On the bright side, when Tyrod leaves after this season, Stick will be a decent, cheap backup.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On the bright side, when Tyrod leaves after this season, Stick will be a decent, cheap backup.
        That is how I see things too cat if Easton shows solid developmental improvement this season.
        We’ll take another a late round/UDFA flyer on a PS type QB to develop that is a rough cut diamond.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That is how I see things too cat if Easton shows solid developmental improvement this season.
          We’ll take another a late round/UDFA flyer on a PS type QB to develop that is a rough cut diamond.
          Yep...bring back Shim...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

1. NFL
            Justin Herbert wasting little time to begin learning the Los Angeles Chargers’ system

Updated 9:23 AM; Today 7:00 AM (AP Photo/Matt York)AP
            shares
            By Geoffrey C. Arnold | The Oregonian/OregonLive
            Justin Herbert isn’t wasting any time getting to work with the Los Angeles Chargers after the Chargers used the No. 6 pick to select Herbert in the 2020 NFL draft.

The former Oregon Ducks’ star quarterback said last week he would make the trip to Southern California to begin preparation with the Los Angeles Chargers during the weekend. Herbert said he prepared for the draft in Southern California.

“I’m going to be running and throwing with the quarterback coach,” Herbert told SI.com. “That’s where I trained for this draft process, so I (know) the area pretty well.”

The Chargers were expected to select quarterback in the 2020 draft after they parted ways with longtime starter Philip Rivers in February after finishing 5-11 in 2019. Herbert will compete against veteran Tyrod Taylor, who was the backup in 2019, for the starting spot. Taylor, 30, is entering his 10th season and started 43 of 44 games with the Buffalo Bills from 2015 to 2017.

“He’s done some great things,” Herbert told SI.com. “It’s going to be a really great quarterback room. I’m looking forward to it.”

Taylor is expected to start in 2020, but it’s only a matter of time before Herbert takes over. The Chargers possess high expectations for Herbert and Kellen Clemens, a backup quarterback with Chargers from 2014 to 2016 and another former Oregon quarterback, said he expects Herbert to be successful.

“He’s got the size, he’s got the athleticism. He’s obviously smart enough when you look at his GPA. I’m excited for the Chargers because I think he’s going to be a good fit," Clemens told chargers.com. “He just does it the right way. You’re never going to read his name in the papers for something like (if he) was out at 2 a.m. or in the wrong place at the wrong time. You’re not going to do that with him. You watch him in an interview, he’s well-spoken.

"I still am in touch with people at the university and you ask what type of guy he is, is he a good leader? Is he a good teammate? How is he in the community? And Justin was unanimous and checked all the boxes.”

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Herbert is a gamble. Taylor or Stick would be able to run that offense.
              If Herbert can bring some plus value, it will be all right.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

1. NFL
                Justin Herbert wasting little time to begin learning the Los Angeles Chargers’ system

Updated 9:23 AM; Today 7:00 AM (AP Photo/Matt York)AP
                shares
                By Geoffrey C. Arnold | The Oregonian/OregonLive
                Justin Herbert isn’t wasting any time getting to work with the Los Angeles Chargers after the Chargers used the No. 6 pick to select Herbert in the 2020 NFL draft.

The former Oregon Ducks’ star quarterback said last week he would make the trip to Southern California to begin preparation with the Los Angeles Chargers during the weekend. Herbert said he prepared for the draft in Southern California.

“I’m going to be running and throwing with the quarterback coach,” Herbert told SI.com. “That’s where I trained for this draft process, so I (know) the area pretty well.”

The Chargers were expected to select quarterback in the 2020 draft after they parted ways with longtime starter Philip Rivers in February after finishing 5-11 in 2019. Herbert will compete against veteran Tyrod Taylor, who was the backup in 2019, for the starting spot. Taylor, 30, is entering his 10th season and started 43 of 44 games with the Buffalo Bills from 2015 to 2017.

“He’s done some great things,” Herbert told SI.com. “It’s going to be a really great quarterback room. I’m looking forward to it.”

Taylor is expected to start in 2020, but it’s only a matter of time before Herbert takes over. The Chargers possess high expectations for Herbert and Kellen Clemens, a backup quarterback with Chargers from 2014 to 2016 and another former Oregon quarterback, said he expects Herbert to be successful.

“He’s got the size, he’s got the athleticism. He’s obviously smart enough when you look at his GPA. I’m excited for the Chargers because I think he’s going to be a good fit," Clemens told chargers.com. “He just does it the right way. You’re never going to read his name in the papers for something like (if he) was out at 2 a.m. or in the wrong place at the wrong time. You’re not going to do that with him. You watch him in an interview, he’s well-spoken.

"I still am in touch with people at the university and you ask what type of guy he is, is he a good leader? Is he a good teammate? How is he in the community? And Justin was unanimous and checked all the boxes.”
                Great, we just got jinxed.

Seriously though, the kid is allowed to live a little.
                he's a handsome young, single buck in LA
                of course he's going to be out at 2 am occassionally
                I despise this unfair, unneeded pressure

Be smart kid, don't hang out with Merriman after 2
                you'll be fine.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

I just read that he had 26 fumbles ( or thereabouts) in 43 games?
                  How does that work into AL's protecting the ball ethos?
                  Bundle that with slow diagnostic skills, might be awhile before he sees any meaningful reps during a season game.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    I just read that he had 26 fumbles ( or thereabouts) in 43 games?
                    How does that work into AL's protecting the ball ethos?
                    Bundle that with slow diagnostic skills, might be awhile before he sees any meaningful reps during a season game.

I count 12 total fumbles with 5 lost in 4 years.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

I count 12 total fumbles with 5 lost in 4 years.
                      That is DEFINITELY better than 20 something!
                      So you're saying I should take with a pinch of salt anything I read on Bleacher Report?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

That is DEFINITELY better than 20 something!
                        So you're saying I should take with a pinch of salt anything I read on Bleacher Report?
                        Well hopefully I’m correct. I just used the WashPost career stat reference.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Scoregon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Yeah, I saw that number and knew it had to be wrong. I found the place where that number was from, but there was no source referenced. I think 54ninjas numbers are likely correct. I couldn't find a career fumbles number from a statistical source, but on this site you can look year by year:
                          Free college football player stats and stats leaders in simple, easy to read tables. This page tracks fumbles statistics.

The fact that he doesn't even show up in the top 60 3-of-4 years, should tell you that fumbling was not a significant issue for him and that ninjas numbers are the correct ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X