• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

My biggest problem with Herbert yesterday was not the interception (though that was annoying), but taking unnecessary hits. He’s young so he’ll feel invincible but got to save yourself even if it’s fun to take out the opposing LB.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Herbert is our starter. Lynn needs to accept it. He plays better now and will be better next year after starting all this year.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I'd still venture some caution on Herbert.

If he was relaxed/angry/carefree at Oregon, that's the type of games he would have.....see Colorado, etc.

The problems came when he pressed too much.

He has tons of potential. Lynn telling him at kickoff that he would start was a nod to Herbert's temperament.

Comment

• TheNose
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2020
          • Send PM

Surprised the game was so close, D held up pretty well. Last 3 games against KC Gus has had a pretty good D plan. Herbert looked good on his first outing with some rookie mistakes like the pass to Keenan instead of running. I am not going to be " happy" that Tyrod was injured, but I am more excited to watch now for sure.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            My biggest problem with Herbert yesterday was not the interception (though that was annoying), but taking unnecessary hits. He’s young so he’ll feel invincible but got to save yourself even if it’s fun to take out the opposing LB.
            I think he was being cocky on that play and trying to out play mahomes. When you have the talent sometimes you think you can get away with a ton of shit! Isn't it great that we have a player who thinks he can play up to mahomes vs. Tyrod the Timid!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Typically im not a fan of throwing a rookie QB in the mix so early. But we all saw him reading the D and making pre snap adjustments. Im not certain Taylor does that. Didnt do a whole lot of it with the Bengals.

Herbert is such a cerebral player. If a rookie QB can achieve success this early its going to be a really smart guy. Im not talking about rookie QBs who come in and make so many plays with their legs that it hides their immaturity as a passer.

Herbert was really focused on passing yesterday. And did some things with his brain that showed me he can pull this off this early. I want to see him grow into that awareness he was lacking sometimes yesterday.
              agree with all of that......

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                I'd still venture some caution on Herbert.

If he was relaxed/angry/carefree at Oregon, that's the type of games he would have.....see Colorado, etc.

The problems came when he pressed too much.

He has tons of potential. Lynn telling him at kickoff that he would start was a nod to Herbert's temperament.

My understanding is that Lynn was not informaed of Tyrod's unavailablity until after the coin toss, so he could not have told Herbert any earlier than he did tell him.

Herbert seemed very much calm and under control yesterday, better in every respect than Taylor.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Big difference here. Joys of coach speech lol

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TheNose View Post
                    Surprised the game was so close, D held up pretty well. Last 3 games against KC Gus has had a pretty good D plan. Herbert looked good on his first outing with some rookie mistakes like the pass to Keenan instead of running. I am not going to be " happy" that Tyrod was injured, but I am more excited to watch now for sure.
                    Problem is its extremely difficult to beat KC in a close game...... once Reid figures out what you are doing defensively, then he always has extra plays up his sleeve for scoring at the end on a tired defense when it counts..... and having a kicker who can kick from midfield does not hurt either.....

Just like in the past, We had control of the game as long as we kept Mahomes contained in the pocket.... in the pocket he is ordinary to good ...... outside of the pocket on the run, he is a wizard and there is no one better(wilson and Rodgers are close)....... in 2nd half, the defense was tired and gambling (and mel was limping) with stupid stunts that left huge gaping holes up the middle or to the right or left for mahones to run or buy time for hill to beat double coverage...... that same type of play is what has lost us every game with KC except the miracle game where we went for 2 points......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Big difference here. Joys of coach speech lol
                      that leaves an opening..... no one is every really 100%..... lol

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

My understanding is that Lynn was not informaed of Tyrod's unavailablity until after the coin toss, so he could not have told Herbert any earlier than he did tell him.

Herbert seemed very much calm and under control yesterday, better in every respect than Taylor.
                        Herbert was better than Taylor has ever been.....

Comment

• chargers_22
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Herbert was better than Taylor has ever been.....
                          100% agree, I wasn't a big fan of drafting Herbert but after this game you cannot go back to Tyrod... I'll be very happy if I am proven wrong. He proved he can play against the best the NFL has to offer.. made that big mistake on the INT but he put them in a position to win. Every ball thrown between the numbers (Key completions to Henry) I said Taylor doesn't make that throw...

On a side note does Lynn know how to call a Timeout when his defense is gassed??!! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X