• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

It is driven by a few posters.

For a healthy TPB, it is something to learn from, including myself.

Don't obsess endlessly with a bad football take.

Listen, at least, to other substantive posters when they claim you are off base.

A shit post is a shit post.

A bunch of shit posts bring a board down.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

It is busier, but it's different. I see mostly football posts here. How many times can you read Freak channeling his inner Ace Ventura before you start skimming? It's tiring on .com trying to sift through all the garbage.

I'm sort of glad the Spanos family showed everyone how they feel about some of their most dedicated fans. It made relocating easier.
      Thats good to know. I dont spend time there so i wouldnt be able to compare the 2. I posted a little bit there when my buddy David Katz was active there. But mostly to stay in touch with him.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Thought i would bump this. Im still certain something good will happen for you guys. But in the event that place goes under this thread can be a roll call of sorts.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

I guess I'm here full time now. Had to reset my phone & can't remember my password over at CMB. I registered over 10 years ago so there's no telling what email address they have, but it's not my current 1. I'll miss some of the posters, but being that I'm from South Carolina, I just enjoy being able to talk Charger football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
            I guess I'm here full time now. Had to reset my phone & can't remember my password over at CMB. I registered over 10 years ago so there's no telling what email address they have, but it's not my current 1. I'll miss some of the posters, but being that I'm from South Carolina, I just enjoy being able to talk Charger football.
            Be good to get your takes on the offseason and draft.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Be good to get your takes on the offseason and draft.
              My take is 1st thing is the brass needs to make a decision on Perryman. I like him, but his availability is a huge issue. Personally, I would rather cut ties & bring in CJ Mosley. His availability has never been an issue & his talent level is at least on par or better. That's an upgrade in itself. I know we aren't historically big players in FA, but in my opinion, the window on Rivers is closing so we need to be all in & now, so I would also like to bring in Landon Collins at Safety. I've heard the clambering for Earl Thomas, but I would rather have Collins.
              As far as the draft goes, I'm not a film junkie by any means. I don't break down tape, critique a guys shuttle time & I could care less about a player's arm length. Can he play football, does he enjoy the game & is he a good teammate? Those have always been my measurables. I feel like our most pressing needs are DT, MLB, OL & S, not necessarily in that order. This draft is very deep at DT so if we could swing the Mosley & Collins moves, we could draft DT at 1 & OL at 2.
              Just my thoughts.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

My take is 1st thing is the brass needs to make a decision on Perryman. I like him, but his availability is a huge issue. Personally, I would rather cut ties & bring in CJ Mosley. His availability has never been an issue & his talent level is at least on par or better. That's an upgrade in itself. I know we aren't historically big players in FA, but in my opinion, the window on Rivers is closing so we need to be all in & now, so I would also like to bring in Landon Collins at Safety. I've heard the clambering for Earl Thomas, but I would rather have Collins.
                As far as the draft goes, I'm not a film junkie by any means. I don't break down tape, critique a guys shuttle time & I could care less about a player's arm length. Can he play football, does he enjoy the game & is he a good teammate? Those have always been my measurables. I feel like our most pressing needs are DT, MLB, OL & S, not necessarily in that order. This draft is very deep at DT so if we could swing the Mosley & Collins moves, we could draft DT at 1 & OL at 2.
                Just my thoughts.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I like how you think joja, be down with Collins and Mosley.

Comment

• LIGHTS OUT
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

As the time for the CMB to shut down I will be regularly coming here.

I hope that this forum traffic picks up and we begin a new community together.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Thomas obviously knows this system. IF HEALTHY he could be a stud. He's going to want fat dollars, but as I said, the window is closing quick. So in that aspect I wouldn't hate it. If you were to ask me, would you take several losing seasons in trade for a Super Bowl championship, I would say yes every time. Long term I think Collins would be better, but that is the dilemma. I've been a fan since '79. It'd be nice to have 1 Championship before I die.
                      Last edited by JOJAX85; 02-22-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

We are glad to have you guys. Welcome to the family. You need anything just ask.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          We are glad to have you guys. Welcome to the family. You need anything just ask.
                          I'll have what Robert Kraft was having. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X