• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
    Hello, all. I've been a member of the CMB since 2008 & before that I was a member at Chargerfans.net. I was born, raised & still live in South Carolina. I became a Chargers fan in 1979 at 9 years old simply because I liked their helmets & uniforms. My oldest son is named Joiner, after Charlie. I have 5 different lightning bolt tattoos...
    Wait, why does this sound like I'm posting a Match.com profile??
    What was I saying?
    Oh, yeh...The Chargery things.
    I've been to several Chargers road games. I only made it out to San Diego once for a game, but unfortunately, it was for the 2003 Monday Night game that was moved to AZ due to the fires. Flew 2,000 miles across the country & watched the game at the Gas Lamp. I did, however, get an article written about me in 1 of the game programs. I think it was the 2010 Monday Night game vs Denver. I'll have to hunt it down to be sure.
    Let's see.
    What else??
    I had a sappy Aawwww Charger themed marriage proposal on YouTube that was picked up by somebody. I think we are supposed to be getting paid, but the wife must be keeping that $ for herself, because I still haven't seen that Jeep painted with the lightning bolts in my driveway! SELFISH!! I mean I bust my butt all day & ..
    Anyways, thanks for inviting us. I will probably just lurk a bit until I figure out how to navigate the site. Technology is not my friend. I'm almost positive that I am 100,000 years out of place & that I should be clubbing dinosaurs to death... Gronk should also be there... & maybe Bosa.
    I'll keep looking in. Got another hurricane to survive for a few days though.
    See ya soon.
    Welcome. I love yor energy. Post often.

ps. Keep safe.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

JOJAX85, welcome! Please stay safe. We do value our members that lurk, but there is no reason not to be active, as we all benefit from all opinions.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Hello, all. I've been a member of the CMB since 2008 & before that I was a member at Chargerfans.net. I was born, raised & still live in South Carolina. I became a Chargers fan in 1979 at 9 years old simply because I liked their helmets & uniforms. My oldest son is named Joiner, after Charlie. I have 5 different lightning bolt tattoos...
        What was I saying?
        I've been to several Chargers road games. I only made it out to San Diego once for a game, but unfortunately, it was for the 2003 Monday Night game that was moved to AZ due to the fires. Flew 2,000 miles across the country & watched the game at the Gas Lamp. I did, however, get an article written about me in 1 of the game programs. I think it was the 2010 Monday Night game vs Denver. I'll have to hunt it down to be sure.
        Let's see.
        What else??
        I had a sappy Aawwww Charger themed marriage proposal on YouTube that was picked up by somebody. I think we are supposed to be getting paid, but the wife must be keeping that $ for herself, because I still haven't seen that Jeep painted with the lightning bolts in my driveway! SELFISH!! I mean I bust my butt all day & ..
        Anyways, thanks for inviting us. I will probably just lurk a bit until I figure out how to navigate the site. Technology is not my friend. I'm almost positive that I am 100,000 years out of place & that I should be clubbing dinosaurs to death... Gronk should also be there... & maybe Bosa.
        See ya soon.

Comment

Welcome JOJAX85! We have a lot of helpful people here, so if you need any help with the site, please feel free to send me a private message and I can help - or post a message and we can all help. Stay safe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I appreciate the support brother. And i wonder who Titan is here? We dont have a Titan.
            I'm surprised I don't know who Titan is. They're an Army vet (so am I) and they're from Poway (so am I).

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

I'm surprised I don't know who Titan is. They're an Army vet (so am I) and they're from Poway (so am I).
              Hmm, so I am. Grew up in Poway and went to PHS but I'm old now. I graduated in 1980 :shock:
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-14-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

lol JOJAX85.
                Great report.
                You coulda been Charger TE !
                Eye've seen your workouts.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  lol JOJAX85.
                  Great report.
                  You coulda been Charger TE !
                  Eye've seen your workouts.
                  The mind is willing.
                  But the 48 year old body says, "Just eat your bag of Cheetos & shut the shit up."
                  it feels good to be able to write profanity on this board.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

Hah its you?

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

What was I saying?
                      Let's see.
                      What else??
                      See ya soon.
                      Welcome JOJAX please keep us posted on your safety. This community really likes to rally around its members.

Comment

• Jwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Welcome Jeff! Would love to hear what was disheartening about going to a game? I have toyed with the idea of travelling in for one this year but am a little nervous about the expense when I see how meh it seems on TV.
                        Hi UtahBolt,

It wasn't San Diego.
                        I felt like I was at a high school stadium.
                        It wasn't San Diego.
                        There were more opposing fans than Charger fans.
                        It wasn't San Diego.
                        I didn't get to hear "San Di-ego SUPER CHARGERS!
                        It wasn't San Diego.
                        The vibe and atmosphere were not the same.
                        It wasn't San Diego.
                        Last edited by Jwalk; 09-15-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Jwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

To Jeff; all I can say is it isn't the players faults and you probably love the players since they are the one's playing!
                          To Utah, the view at the game is amazing, you can get great seats on stubhub for about half price if bought at the right time, the experience isn't that great when there are 50% ish opposing fans though, it makes me want to go to every road game, I suggest maybe going to the AZ or Tenn game where it won't be as packed with opposing fans and you should enjoy it!
                          Hey ChargingBolts,

I do love the players and I agree that it's not their fault; however, all players come and go with time. The city in which the team represents is what makes it special. Not to mention LA is a rival city to San Diego. I have a good friend who is a diehard Raider fan and his quote to me was "It's just not right seeing the Chargers in LA. They belong in San Diego"
                          Last edited by Jwalk; 09-16-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X