• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
    Nice to see some of the fellas from CMB. haha. Thanks for the landing spot here TPB'ers.
    Good to have you. Welcome.

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Controversial opinion of the day but Norv was a better Chargers HC than Marty was
      Regular season no, playoffs yes. It's almost like we needed two headcoaches one for the regular season and one for the playoffs. Marty was a great regular season HC but for whatever reason he became way to conservative which is the opposite of how he coached in the regular season. And same thing with Norv except he sucked in the regular season but seemed to do better in the playoffs.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Im gonna take down the CMB Lounge if there aren't any objections. I did that in the event you guys didn't get a new home. It feels sort of pointless keeping it up. I dont think it will get used.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

We had our own lounge and I didn't even know it? Where was I??? Parking the car?????

Comment

• Chargerfreak
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            We had our own lounge and I didn't even know it? Where was I??? Parking the car?????
            Nominated Post of the Day.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Ill leave it up. But i created that thinking you guys may not have a forum. It was a last minute effort to give you guys some sort of space on the internet you could call your own. But you have a forum now. So im simply guessing the CMB members that signed up here while in limbo are now taken care of and have a home. Everyone wins.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                Regular season no, playoffs yes. It's almost like we needed two headcoaches one for the regular season and one for the playoffs. Marty was a great regular season HC but for whatever reason he became way to conservative which is the opposite of how he coached in the regular season. And same thing with Norv except he sucked in the regular season but seemed to do better in the playoffs.
                If you look at their regular season schedule with us, they're actually very similar, almost a mirror of each other. For Marty it was 8-8, 4-12, 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2. Norv's first three seasons were 11-5, 8-8. and 13-3 but then it became 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  If you look at their regular season schedule with us, they're actually very similar, almost a mirror of each other. For Marty it was 8-8, 4-12, 12-4, 9-7, and 14-2. Norv's first three seasons were 11-5, 8-8. and 13-3 but then it became 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9.
                  Once upon a time I engaged feverishly in this debate.

Neither got us to the big dance. Marty's last season was our best opportunity. Still sad about that one. Such a great day at the stadium. Great atmosphere. So much hope and anticipation. Great 1st half until they gave up a TD in the last 2 minutes of the first half. We all know what happened in the 2nd half. Lots of mental mistakes in that game. Too many to beat an inferior Patriot team.

Norv's best coaching job of his entire career was probably the 13-3 season. That also came to a sad conclusion against an inferior opponent.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I'm loving the increased energy the transplants are bringing. Thanks guys.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Chargersfan1981
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Good to have you brother.
                      Need anything just give a shout.
                      Thanks!!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Hey Freak whats up with the CMB thinking i banned you? Thats news to me. Is this some fake news crap?

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Hey Freak whats up with the CMB thinking i banned you? Thats news to me. Is this some fake news crap?
                          Freak truly believes all publicity is good publicity. He can fool us 51 different ways and then have us thanking him for it.

He's a wizard.

Comment

Working...
                          X