• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

So he was practicing last year but suddenly this year based on run throughs in shorts he is in jeopardy of being cut? He has competition for interior spots for sure, but based on our line play, I doubt he would be worse than a backup for us. Long way to go before we start talking cutting him.

Comment

• therber219
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2017
      • Iowa
      • Send PM

I actually think that all the talk about moving Slauson has more to do with the possibility of Tuerk being able to man that spot....again, just idle hope on my part!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post
        I actually think that all the talk about moving Slauson has more to do with the possibility of Tuerk being able to man that spot....again, just idle hope on my part!
        Seems like a lot of people are writing him off when he hasn't even had a chance to play with his knee healthy. I am really looking forward to seeing him play in camp and the preseason.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It is very early. All that has happened is guys have run around in shorts. I think we are so hungry for football we are reading way too much into what is going on. Tuerk had a serious injury and we have heard nothing about where he is health-wise. I suspect that is the whole issue with him.

Pulley took advantage of an opportunity and in many cases outplayed Fluker last season. Good on him and good on the scouts and coaches for finding and developing him. If he outshines Tuerk that is not a negative to me.

Moving guys around the line during a mini-camp is interesting but might not mean anything other than the new coaching staff is trying to get a feel for what the linemen are capable of. One thing I hope does not happen -- I want guys to focus on a position and get the communication and fits down. All of the flipping around I think actually hurt the line the last 3-4 years. I realize some of it was necessary due to injury later, but early on the line always sucked and I think it was because guys were overwhelmed and had not practiced their primary position enough. I also don't like platooning guards. In fact I hate that. It screws up the line's cohesion. I hope the new guy doesn't do that. I think the guards the last couple seasons were not in good shape (Franklin, Fluker) conditioning wise. That hurt their play and the teams' play. These guys need to be able to play the whole game.

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            It is very early. All that has happened is guys have run around in shorts. I think we are so hungry for football we are reading way too much into what is going on. Tuerk had a serious injury and we have heard nothing about where he is health-wise. I suspect that is the whole issue with him.

Pulley took advantage of an opportunity and in many cases outplayed Fluker last season. Good on him and good on the scouts and coaches for finding and developing him. If he outshines Tuerk that is not a negative to me.

Moving guys around the line during a mini-camp is interesting but might not mean anything other than the new coaching staff is trying to get a feel for what the linemen are capable of. One thing I hope does not happen -- I want guys to focus on a position and get the communication and fits down. All of the flipping around I think actually hurt the line the last 3-4 years. I realize some of it was necessary due to injury later, but early on the line always sucked and I think it was because guys were overwhelmed and had not practiced their primary position enough. I also don't like platooning guards. In fact I hate that. It screws up the line's cohesion. I hope the new guy doesn't do that. I think the guards the last couple seasons were not in good shape (Franklin, Fluker) conditioning wise. That hurt their play and the teams' play. These guys need to be able to play the whole game.

TG

there's no way his knee should be an issue this long after surgery. Typical ACL recovery time is 6-7 months now: see how quick Adrian Peterson and Ingram returned to play. It's been more than 1 year since Teurk's procedure and after rehab and strength building that leg should be stronger than the other 1! The simple truth is when they got lucky and signed Slauson late to solidify center for the year and surprising success of Pulley and the vet Fluker for another year, they had the luxury of a "red shirt" year for Teurk where he could add weight and muscle and learn while the other guys held down the OL for 1 more year. He should be a big part of their plans this year.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Jeremiah with some insight on the OL Rooks.

The official source for Los Angeles Chargers news, schedules, stats, scores, tickets and more.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Jeremiah with some insight on the OL Rooks.

http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...erior-ol-draft
                Who knew taking two OGs would bring so much joy to Chargerdom. Just that makes this one of my favorite all time drafts.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

Who knew taking two OGs would bring so much joy to Chargerdom. Just that makes this one of my favorite all time drafts.
                  i am a HUGE fan of this draft. I think we got 5 guys that fit our schemes, got some great value, and filled some glaring holes. I think this builds off an excellent draft last season. I think Bradley was a great hire, and I am hoping Lynn helps change the character of the team. I am hoping the small unique home field environment gives us our first true home field advantage in a long time. In short, it may be May, but I am extremely bullish on 2017 for the Chargers. The Chargers OVER is my favourite season Totals futures bet.

i believe that Tuerk, Feeney, and Lamp are going to play a BIG part in the successful turnaround.
                  Last edited by Panamamike; 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

i am a HUGE fan of this draft. I think we got 5 guys that fit our schemes, got some great value, and filled some glaring holes. I think this builds off an excellent draft last season. I think Bradley was a great hire, and I am hoping Lynn helps change the character of the team. I am hoping the small unique home field environment gives us our first true home field advantage in a long time. In short, it may be May, but I am extremely bullish on 2017 for the Chargers. The Chargers OVER is my favourite season Totals futures bet.

i believe that Tuerk, Feeney, and Lamp are going to play a BIG part in the successful turnaround.
                    I wouldn't discount Pulley either. He has had a taste of starting and I'm sure he wants to be back in the mix. He's had an offseason to recalibrate and he is coming in with the game slowed down for him now. If he doesn't cut it then so be it but competition for spots is better than scouring the streets looking for someone to march out there every week. Seems like that's been standard practice for last few years.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

I wouldn't discount Pulley either. He has had a taste of starting and I'm sure he wants to be back in the mix. He's had an offseason to recalibrate and he is coming in with the game slowed down for him now. If he doesn't cut it then so be it but competition for spots is better than scouring the streets looking for someone to march out there every week. Seems like that's been standard practice for last few years.
                      I am not discounting him at all. I believe he will provide quality backup reps and insurance for OG and OC. I am more than comfortable with him stepping in, In fact, I will be ecstatic with a young and talented line with quality reserves. We have cut some dead wood and slow feet. I see the inside of the line being much more athletic than in years past. Stopping the pressure up the gut, opening holes inside and pullinging to kick out the edge....damn that would be sweet.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

• Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer
                        Los Angeles Chargers on Tuesday, as the team heads down the backstretch of offseason work.

Focal points for me during a reporters-only day of availability on Tuesday will continue to be offensive line rotations and what players are working in the defensive backfield.

In terms of the young offensive linemen, veteran Matt Slauson had good things to say about rookies Forrest Lamp and Dan FeeneyRussell Okung continues to work at left tackle with the starters, with Slauson at left guard, Spencer Pulley at center, Kenny Wiggins at right guard and Joe Barksdale
                        And as usual, whenever there is offensive line talk, the ghost continues to be a ghost.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Really excited about this year. It will be great to have some depth. Another thing is that next year we'll have an appreciable amount of money to either sign our own, or get someone. With Gates and Franklin off of the books, that should be huge.

Comment

Working...
                          X