• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

this is what I'm talking about w/a player's "mindset".... like these guys that are fairly low key off the field, but take care of their biz on the field.

think the both of Josh Myers and Trey Smith will be highly compatible w/the demeanor of our QB Justin Herbert.

Josh Myers: Ohio State center on his development, patience - YouTube
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      ok, I've got you guys.... update me on where you're @for the top of the first,
      Sewell - Run to the podium if he's still there. Top OT in the last 2 drafts. A pick that makes too much sense.

Micah - I don't mind the pick. If you draft him to play DE, then I like it more. But if the Chargers draft him to play OLB, then I worry a little. A little small for a typical DE. You really can't miss with this pick though, you're gonna get pass rush, which we need.

Rousseau - If you can't trade back, then to me this is still a fine pick. Rousseau is tall, rangy, and has the production. Would definitely have preferred it if he and Parsons had played this year. Rousseau looks like he's somewhere below Clelin Ferrell and above Montez Sweat. Bottom line is he'd make our D-line better. Rousseau on one side, Bosa on the other, some ham in the middle... call it Roushambo :-)

Ja'Marr - I've flirted with the idea of drafting Chase. The cons are, he's a one hit wonder with his production stats, and WR's don't usually go this high. They can be very hit and miss in round 1. The pros are, his 2019 stats are ridiculous, and you don't want to be the team that passes on the next best thing since Jerry Rice to pair with your new shiny QB. The bottom line is, this pick is a gamble inside the top 5 and more of a want than a need.

Trade Down - If you can find dance partner, and get the pick value that you want, then I'm all for it.

Surtain - I've been wanting to address CB in the draft for a while. It'd be nice to have a Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, or Jeff Okudah type CB. Might be a safe pick, but over pass rushers? If we're picking 6th or 7th and can't trade out... maybe.

Farley - I think the injury flag has been hoisted. No for me.

Kyle Pitts - The Lions might be a good test case to look at for a team that drafts CB and TE real high. Pitts will probably be overdrafted, and it shouldn't be by us. Freiermuth is the man among boys that our O-Line needs. Just not in the first. Or the 2nd, since that's when we'll likely get a LT.

Slater - Not sold yet if he's a true LT prospect and not a move to guard.

Darrisaw - If he's the consensus #2 OT, then I'm not opposed to ripping the band-aid off and reaching here. Just get it over with. Sans Sewell, Darrishaw is my next favorite LT prospect. I think Eichenberg (in the 2nd round of course) might be my third.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

here we go.... Voch Lombardi on Gregory Rousseau:

Greg Rousseau (Miami) All 22 Film Session || 2021 NFL Draft - YouTube
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

is he better off starting out @guard ??

Penei Sewell (Oregon) All 22 Film Session || 2021 NFL Draft - YouTube

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Rashawn Slater is 100 percent a tackle.... (do not play him @guard.... top two tackles in the draft).... better than Penei ??

does Parsons have issues diagnosing plays... w/misdirection ?? off ball LB not comfortable in coverage.... (wants to be a Cowboy).

these guys are seeking a trade down.... (novel concept, no ?

and another thing.... don't be sleepin' on your NTs.... ('specially when you be givin' up hellah yards up the middy/midway).

Jaylen Waddle/Devonta Smith >> Ja'Marr Chase ??

Surtain not top five ?? Farley could be.... in time ??

Voch & Jeff Cavanaugh Talk Micah Parsons, Rashawn Slater, and other Draft stuff - YouTube

the League is gonna catch up to JH10.... can he reinvent himself down the line ??

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

here we go.... Voch Lombardi on Gregory Rousseau:

Greg Rousseau (Miami) All 22 Film Session || 2021 NFL Draft - YouTube
              like i said before..... not very impressed with him.....

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

might be.... Lombardi makes sense.....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree in theory of picking best player available. But when I see the Chargers - they have such a glaring need at OT (and OC or OG) that I am more inclined to try to trade back, get your OL and more draft picks to help fill needs and what not.

But to your other point - if you are targeting OT in the 2nd round and OC in the 4th round - aren't you also reaching at those spots as maybe at the time the top talent left isn't OT or OC.

So for this Chargers team - I want the OL depth so my preference is trading back but staying in the top 10 if at all possible. Just have to hope there is an opportunity for multiple teams to want a player.
                  What if BPA was a QB? Hypothetically? I believe in getting a great player that you can play. First rounder should start. I’m ok with an edge rusher or OT - both are multipliers which is why those two positions get paid as much or more than almost any position not starting with Q.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Sewell - Run to the podium if he's still there. Top OT in the last 2 drafts. A pick that makes too much sense.

Micah - I don't mind the pick. If you draft him to play DE, then I like it more. But if the Chargers draft him to play OLB, then I worry a little. A little small for a typical DE. You really can't miss with this pick though, you're gonna get pass rush, which we need.

Rousseau - If you can't trade back, then to me this is still a fine pick. Rousseau is tall, rangy, and has the production. Would definitely have preferred it if he and Parsons had played this year. Rousseau looks like he's somewhere below Clelin Ferrell and above Montez Sweat. Bottom line is he'd make our D-line better. Rousseau on one side, Bosa on the other, some ham in the middle... call it Roushambo :-)

Ja'Marr - I've flirted with the idea of drafting Chase. The cons are, he's a one hit wonder with his production stats, and WR's don't usually go this high. They can be very hit and miss in round 1. The pros are, his 2019 stats are ridiculous, and you don't want to be the team that passes on the next best thing since Jerry Rice to pair with your new shiny QB. The bottom line is, this pick is a gamble inside the top 5 and more of a want than a need.

Trade Down - If you can find dance partner, and get the pick value that you want, then I'm all for it.

Surtain - I've been wanting to address CB in the draft for a while. It'd be nice to have a Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, or Jeff Okudah type CB. Might be a safe pick, but over pass rushers? If we're picking 6th or 7th and can't trade out... maybe.

Farley - I think the injury flag has been hoisted. No for me.

Kyle Pitts - The Lions might be a good test case to look at for a team that drafts CB and TE real high. Pitts will probably be overdrafted, and it shouldn't be by us. Freiermuth is the man among boys that our O-Line needs. Just not in the first. Or the 2nd, since that's when we'll likely get a LT.

Slater - Not sold yet if he's a true LT prospect and not a move to guard.

Darrisaw - If he's the consensus #2 OT, then I'm not opposed to ripping the band-aid off and reaching here. Just get it over with. Sans Sewell, Darrishaw is my next favorite LT prospect. I think Eichenberg (in the 2nd round of course) might be my third.

Agree with most of that, but Rousoau does not look very explosive....most of his sacks were caused by others forcing QB into him..... not close to as good as Bosa who dominated the LOS....

Parsons is not big enough to be a DE, but he can be a dominating blitzing LBer..... provided we have a DC who will be aggressive.... if you have multiple great CB's....... , that will buy enough time to blitz QB's like PIT, KC, NO, NE, ATL, MIA, and Ravens do....pass rushes can be designed/schemed..... until you can find dominating DL/DE's who can do it without blitzing..... thought most of those teams got their top CB's via FA, not the draft......

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Nagumo's Dilemma, Dick Best, and The Jimmy Thach 'Weave', trust me on this one, you're gonna love this. Looks a little cheezy, best documentary on the subject I've ever seen.
                      Thanks for sharing, Ghost! I just watched the Midway movie recently!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Brugler's got Zach Wilson ahead of Fields.... ??

these guys are sayin' that #5 overall, is outta trade down range.... @least speaking re: a team wanting to trade up for one of the top 3 QBs.

they're likin' WR (Ja'Marr) over CB in top five.... how 'bout youz ?? (....KC has four receivers)

if you draft for need.... "that's how you make a mistake." (....there's no #5/top five overall in this draft)

Voch & Jeff Cavanaugh Talk Draft || 4th Overall Pick || Break Down Prospects - YouTube

is Rousseau an edge ?? is he more linear than bendy ?? his production came against lackluster talent.... does his best work lined up @NT (lax a burst)

talk about NFL FOs that are (way) overconfident.... John Spanos anyone ??

(Nutty) have you done the research and watched the film on Rousseau ??

Hamsah Nasirildeen/Divine Deablo over Rousseau ??

Kwity Paye is/was an RB.... twitchy/high motor.... not a clean prospect.... (what's his 3 cone.... could turn him into great/could be really good 4-3 DE ?)

would not be happy w/the 5 overall pick.... thinks Sewell is top ten.... not top five.... thinks he been "elevated" due to this draft class.... was outplayed by Derrick Brown ??

Sewell might be better off playing guard for a coupla few before sliding over to tackle.... "he's a gangster @guard ??

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What if BPA was a QB? Hypothetically? I believe in getting a great player that you can play. First rounder should start. I’m ok with an edge rusher or OT - both are multipliers which is why those two positions get paid as much or more than almost any position not starting with Q.
                          If BPA is QB - you hopefully leverage that player into a trade down scenario for a team wanting a QB.

I know this - for me the need for TWO players on the OL : OT and OC are so great - I think the first round pick almost has to be OL. Edge would be fine too. But if you can't block on offense or hold the line on defense - the best WR or CB is not as effective.

Comment

Working...
                          X