• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

a #1 lock down CBto play opposite Davis is an extremely high priority in this draft..... we also need to add one or 2 more in this deep CB draft..... we currently have zero depth after
    Davis and Harris..... our other CB's cannot cover..... Adderley might be able to move to CB but he is our starting FS, and this is not a great safety draft..... yet we still need to add a safety.....

our first 3 picks(and biggest needs)need to be LT, CB, Edge not necessarily in that order...... power RB, TE, speed WR, S, OG/OT depth, CB need to be added after..... BPA will determine order..... picking the best players, best athletes will help us win sooner and be better in long run so that once we are good we will stay good for a long time.....

We hav e alot of needs and only 9 draft choices....... but our first pick should be elite or close to elite......... no reaching for English or Fluker.......
    I agree... the CB class is pretty deep. In fact, I don't see a big drop-off in talent from 1st round prospects to 2nd round prospects.
    I disagree about the safety depth. I think there will be some very good safeties in the mid/late rounds.

I could see us going CB in the 2nd, safety in the 3rd, and CB/S combo player in the 5th round.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Herbert grew up a Charger fan.
        Sewell wants to be a Charger.
        They want to play with each other.

I wonder if these considerations make a second contract easier and if so what draft capital that alone is worth.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          Can't have too many Ducks - get Holland too!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            Herbert grew up a Charger fan.
            Sewell wants to be a Charger.
            They want to play with each other.

I wonder if these considerations make a second contract easier and if so what draft capital that alone is worth.
            If I was TT, my first offer to the Lions would be #13 + #77 + #97 for their #7.
            If the answer is no, I would reply with #13 + #47 for their #7
            All this is if my guy is there at 7.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Can't have too many Ducks - get Holland too!
              Let's make the Ducks the new Domers...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If I was TT, my first offer to the Lions would be #13 + #77 + #97 for their #7.
                If the answer is no, I would reply with #13 + #47 for their #7
                All this is if my guy is there at 7.
                #7 is worth about 1500 points. #13 is 1,150, for a 350-point difference. Either of those two scenarios would more than cover that spread. If the Lions insist on #13 and next year's first rounder, I would counteroffer #13, next year's 2nd rounder, and maybe even throw in one of our 6th rounders to sweeten the pot...if they balk at that, I offer #13, next year's 2nd, this year's 6th, but they give us their next year's 3rd...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

My #1 scenario didn't cover the spread. #77 and #97 = 317
                  My #2 is more enticing. The #47 worth 430.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    My #1 scenario didn't cover the spread. #77 and #97 = 317
                    My #2 is more enticing. The #47 worth 430.
                    True, for that first offer, if you could toss in our 5th rounder with 26 points, it nearly makes up the difference...

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

#7 is worth about 1500 points. #13 is 1,150, for a 350-point difference. Either of those two scenarios would more than cover that spread. If the Lions insist on #13 and next year's first rounder, I would counteroffer #13, next year's 2nd rounder, and maybe even throw in one of our 6th rounders to sweeten the pot...if they balk at that, I offer #13, next year's 2nd, this year's 6th, but they give us their next year's 3rd...
                      I would try to trade up adding picks from next year over too much this year, since we still need more needs..... but if Sewell is a generational talent than I would try to trade up.... generational talents are rare...... that is why if Pitts were to crazily drop to 13, i would take him..... I might even trade up for him.... he is a generational TE like Winslow was.... generational talent's are worth trading up for.....

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I would try to trade up adding picks from next year over too much this year, since we still need more needs..... but if Sewell is a generational talent than I would try to trade up.... generational talents are rare...... that is why if Pitts were to crazily drop to 13, i would take him..... I might even trade up for him.... he is a generational TE like Winslow was.... generational talent's are worth trading up for.....
                        Imagine Pitts with Herbie...wow...now, if we can just get a decent OT in round 2 that might work...

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                          Have a feeling the Bengals will be snapping up Sewell with the 5th pick and their trade price would be way too high. Hope I'm wrong, would love to have both Herbert and Sewell.

Comment

Working...
                          X