• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Either way I honestly hope we lose to help our draft position.Carrying over a win doesnt matter since we will have a whole new coaching staff next year.Fresh start for our new QB.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Either way I honestly hope we lose to help our draft position.Carrying over a win doesnt matter since we will have a whole new coaching staff next year.Fresh start for our new QB.
      Some people are reporting that, due to this current 3-game win streak, that Lynn is no longer on the chopping block, if u can believe it...

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

One poster referred to it as a "respectable loss," unless Lynn makes another major blunder or two, and it turns into a "gut-wrenching loss"...
        There are no 'gut wrenching' losses for 6 - 9 teams the final week. For me, final week gut wrenching losses with lame duck coaching staffs (granted they'll all get the axe in 2021) are fun losses

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Some people are reporting that, due to this current 3-game win streak, that Lynn is no longer on the chopping block, if u can believe it...
          Spanos love song to A Lynn, Charger head coach 2021

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Pick
            3Biggest needs: OL, TE, CB

This week's game: at Chiefs

It's an annual question for the Bolts: Can they fix their offensive line? This time around they have three of their five starters (in addition to the injured Mike Pouncey) scheduled to hit the market.
            and the annual answer for that annual question is “What’s wrong with the offensive line?”
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

This would be a huge disaster, but Chargers management is stupid enough to count barely wins against bad teams as a sign of Lynn turning the team around?....
              Close losses year after year are a sign of bad coaching......period.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

This would be a huge disaster, but Chargers management is stupid enough to count barely wins against bad teams as a sign of Lynn turning the team around?....
                Close losses year after year are a sign of bad coaching......period.....
                Popper doesn't think this game against the Chiefs will have any bearing in making a decision

it really shouldn't. The Chargers should not play Bosa or Allen. The Chiefs will be resting many starters
                its a glorified exhibition
                Lynn is basically 6-9 this year.
                And not really one dominant signature win .

I knew after the Raider game he would be keeping his job. Have to hope that he gets a new ST coach , a real one this time; a new DC (sorry Milus, need an outside voice) and finally tell Telesco to get him an OLine if he truly wants balance

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Popper doesn't think this game against the Chiefs will have any bearing in making a decision

it really shouldn't. The Chargers should not play Bosa or Allen. The Chiefs will be resting many starters

I knew after the Raider game he would be keeping his job. Have to hope that he gets a new ST coach , a real one this time; a new DC (sorry Milus, need an outside voice) and finally tell Telesco to get him an OLine if he truly wants balance
                  With those additions, the Bolts have a chance for 7-9 or maybe even 8-8 next year...IF Lynn doesn't go turtle mode and/or make any bonehead blunders during the games...and that's a mighty big...

IF.JPG

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2020
                    • Send PM

If Chargers lose and the right teams below them win, they could move up to 7 o8 in the draft. Should they do tis I could see 3 new starters next year. OL, TE AND EDGE/DE WOULD BE MY CHOICE

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
                      If Chargers lose and the right teams below them win, they could move up to 7 o8 in the draft. Should they do tis I could see 3 new starters next year. OL, TE AND EDGE/DE WOULD BE MY CHOICE
                      I wouldn't mind a trade down from 7 or 8 to 12 or so, to get an extra pick...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think it will either. He's been here for 4 full seasons - a game against backups will not reveal anything new one way or another.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Not sad if we picked up Kyle Pitts. Love the player. He is Waller only way more athletic out wide. Just think a guy like Herbert would always find him open. With Allen? And the 2 speedsters? He gives you much more than Henry does and we save 10M per on Henry. Cap coming down anyways. Trade off Mike Williams maybe. Pitts is Mike Williams when you need him and Hunter Henry when you need him. lol. Or Kelce.

Comment

Working...
                          X