• Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    1. Micah Parsons - LB/Penn State
    2. Jackson Carman - OT/Clemson
    3. Kary Vincent Jr. CB/LSU
    4. Hamsah Nasirildeen, S/Florida State
    5. James Empey - C/BYU

Jackson Carman's high school tape is hilarious.

Carman = a man among boys...

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Carman = a man among boys...
      Did you see that hit he threw on that INT return @ 1:10? OMG

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Did you see that hit he threw on that INT return @ 1:10? OMG
        If we don't get Sewell, I can live with getting Carman...then double up on O-line in mid rounds...

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

5 Round Mock

3. Kenneth Gainwell - RB/Memphis
          4. Camryn Bynum, CB/California
          5. James Empey - C/BYU

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

5 Round Mock

5. James Empey - C/BYU
            looks like my draft chops are sadly lacking this year as didn't know any of the guys outside of round one, and.... gonna give you the benefit of the doubt as they all pass the eye test from what eye can gather.... nice work and thank you for sharing, and.... for next time, you've got an extra third/comp pick and two sixth rounders.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

5 Round Mock

5. James Empey - C/BYU
              As we get closer to draft day, I'm thinking Carman's stock goes up to round 1...if we could get him in round 2, that would be a steal...

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2020-11-18/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-projections

4. L.A. Chargers (2-7) — Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon, Jr.

Drafting the 2019 Outland Trophy winner — he has opted out of this season due to the threat of COVID-19 — would likely cause franchise quarterback Justin Herbert (and Sewell’s former teammate), a normally ultra laidback dude, to do a backflip. Sewell didn’t allow a pressure, hurry or hit on Herbert in nine of 14 games as a sophomore. Top needs: OL, TE, Edge

I project Penei Sewell to be another Anthony Munoz OT/Bengals. Pro Bowl Anchor for 12 years. Blue Chip LT are rare.

I project Micah Parsons to be another James Harrison/OLB Steelers. Setting the edge and rushing the QB. Micah is 20, he will turn 21 during his rookie season. If the Chargers HIT on this player, as a pass-rusher, he will change the defense fundamentally, they way Khalil Mack changed the defense in Chicago. Pass rushers of this caliber are rarer than a Blue Chip Left Tackle, that is the draft strategy here.

The Chargers are going to lose OLB Melvin Ingram, this is SupaMel's replacement on the defense. We've upgraded the position.

The Chargers draft Jackson Carman at OT in the 2nd Round. The Chargers draft their 'dancing bear' at Left Tackle in the Second round, not the First Round. This is my argument.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

5 Round Mock

5. James Empey - C/BYU

i think those picks would greatly improve chargers..... and fill multiple needs

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2020-11-18/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-projections

4. L.A. Chargers (2-7) — Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon, Jr.

Drafting the 2019 Outland Trophy winner — he has opted out of this season due to the threat of COVID-19 — would likely cause franchise quarterback Justin Herbert (and Sewell’s former teammate), a normally ultra laidback dude, to do a backflip. Sewell didn’t allow a pressure, hurry or hit on Herbert in nine of 14 games as a sophomore. Top needs: OL, TE, Edge

I project Penei Sewell to be another Anthony Munoz OT/Bengals. Pro Bowl Anchor for 12 years. Blue Chip LT are rare.

I project Micah Parsons to be another James Harrison/OLB Steelers. Setting the edge and rushing the QB. Micah is 20, he will turn 21 during his rookie season. If the Chargers HIT on this player, as a pass-rusher, he will change the defense fundamentally, they way Khalil Mack changed the defense in Chicago. Pass rushers of this caliber are rarer than a Blue Chip Left Tackle, that is the draft strategy here.

The Chargers are going to lose OLB Melvin Ingram, this is SupaMel's replacement on the defense. We've upgraded the position.

The Chargers draft Jackson Carman at OT in the 2nd Round. The Chargers draft their 'dancing bear' at Left Tackle in the Second round, not the First Round. This is my argument.
                    Is that true? I mean, in the last few years we've had a ton of "game changing pass rushers." Myles Garrett, J.J. Watt, Joey and Nick Bosa, we'll see what Chase Young becomes. But every year there seems to be a pass rusher who has DPOY and HoF potential.

Honestly, in my time as a fan, there have been 2 LT prospects I've considered to be on Sewell's level and maybe 3 guys who I think will be on his level. We've had Pace and Ogdon as prospects, and I think Joe Thomas has been that type of franchise left tackle.

Parsons would not have been the top pass rusher taken if he came out last year, that would have been Chase Young. Penei Sewell would have been the top OT taken and last year's OT class was one of the best we've had in years.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

3B. (Comp) Tyler Shelvin, Nose Tackle, LSU
                      5. James Empey - C/BYU
                      6. Riley Patterson - K/Memphis
                      6B. Noah Gray - TE/Duke
                      7. Tutu Atwell, WR/Louisville

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Is that true? I mean, in the last few years we've had a ton of "game changing pass rushers." Myles Garrett, J.J. Watt, Joey and Nick Bosa, we'll see what Chase Young becomes. But every year there seems to be a pass rusher who has DPOY and HoF potential.

Honestly, in my time as a fan, there have been 2 LT prospects I've considered to be on Sewell's level and maybe 3 guys who I think will be on his level. We've had Pace and Ogdon as prospects, and I think Joe Thomas has been that type of franchise left tackle.

Parsons would not have been the top pass rusher taken if he came out last year, that would have been Chase Young. Penei Sewell would have been the top OT taken and last year's OT class was one of the best we've had in years.
                        Two First-Round Picks were paid to the Raiders from Chicago for the rights to LB Khalil Mack.

Two First-Round Picks were paid by the Texans to the Dolphins for OT Laremy Tunsil.

Which team got the most ROI for their strategy?

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

If the Chargers play my draft strategy, the Chargers will have the best QB along with the best defense, and skill players, I've seen, since the 1979 season. I watched their playoff game against Houston again recently, and the Chargers didn't run a running play until 6:00 minutes in the 1st Quarter. The Oilers pass game wasn't even close to ours. Like the 2020 Chiefs, the 1979 Chargers passing attack was using ball-control-through-the-air, that is how Coach Coryell described it. You fell behind because you simply couldn't keep up.

That San Diego team knew how to go for the opponent's throat too. Don Coryell poured on the offense to choke you out.

Comment

Working...
                          X