Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
    This place will blow up if TT picks aTE instead of OL/DL in the first round.
    At this point in the draft process, I would not be one of those. But there is so much shake out left to go, hell we don't even know where we are drafting yet. But if we stay put and a Surtain or Pitts is there, then I would gladly pull that trigger.

The funny thing is if we get Pitts, I would want to keep HH too. They could be a force of nature in 2021.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

This place is going to blow up no matter what we do. Lol!

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

At this point in the draft process, I would not be one of those. But there is so much shake out left to go, hell we don't even know where we are drafting yet. But if we stay put and a Surtain or Pitts is there, then I would gladly pull that trigger.

The funny thing is if we get Pitts, I would want to keep HH too. They could be a force of nature in 2021.
        That's what I said.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

It is going to be tough for TT but we just need GOOD football players toward the top of the draft. TT has missed on so many 1-4 picks, which has left us with limited depth.
          WHOEVER comes our way, they MUST perform better than average( you listening Tillery, Adderley, Nwosu, Pipkins, Jones, Lamp, Feeney, Denzel???)

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            I just hope we don't OVER pick, like we did with Fluker.
            DJ would have been fine as an interior OL selection in the 2nd or later
            If Parsons or Pitts are there when we pick, I imagine those 2 are graded out higher than any OL not named Sewell.
            Although we may not be able to get our stud LT, we should be able to stock the interior of our OL with good football players( Lamp and Feeney would make solid back ups anywhere along the line).
            If Pitts is the guy, you let HH go and use that money to go sign Trent Williams for 2 years to protect JH's backside.
            A lot of fans thought we over picked with Herbert last year. He was rated late1st round by many people. We just gave to get a guy with a solid, above average, future.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This place blows up regardless of the pick. There is no lock.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

opcorn:

Trenchers day of reckoning...soon.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

It is going to be tough for TT but we just need GOOD football players toward the top of the draft. TT has missed on so many 1-4 picks, which has left us with limited depth.
                  WHOEVER comes our way, they MUST perform better than average( you listening Tillery, Adderley, Nwosu, Pipkins, Jones, Lamp, Feeney, Denzel???)
                  I'll be honest here. I loved some of these picks when we made them and I scratched my head at a few too. I would throw Derwin and Mike W in here too. Derwin has to correct his Jason Verrett trajectory and I feel Mike W should be dominant instead of just good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Would anyone trade Justin Herbert for Trevor Lawrence straight up?

Not me.
                    Chaincrusher would

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

I liked some of the picks, too.
                      And not everyone has to be a star! You need solid guys that don't need to be paid superstar money.
                      You kind of expect though that your 1's and 2's are going to excel( and hopefully your 3's!). And that hasn't happened here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Keenan is going to get his targets. We will also know what is going on with MW as far as getting another contract to lower his 15.6 mil hit and if so he will be around and Henry with his new deal.
                        If we get Pitts, there arent going to be enough balls to go around. Paying Keenan, MW and Henry big money and Pitts as a first rounder?

In that case i dont see us going for Pitts or any WR in the first if MW is tied up for four more years. Id expect an EDGE rusher, CB or OL in the first round.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I liked some of the picks, too.
                          And not everyone has to be a star! You need solid guys that don't need to be paid superstar money.
                          You kind of expect though that your 1's and 2's are going to excel( and hopefully your 3's!). And that hasn't happened here.
                          The secret to success in the NFL.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X