• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

We need Justin Fields to shake off the rust, and have a big day....win or lose. No small feat in his matchup today...another crappy outing, and he could easily fall back into the teens...but if he can put together a solid performance, we might see him and Wilson go before we pick...that would be great for us, obviously...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Golden Hurricane vs Bulldogs.

I think the Dogs got the best of 'em.

Towel whip, mule kick, I'm outta here.

Can't teach that...natural.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Playoffs!!! What a great football day it is...I am currently buried in an ice storm that should go on most of the day. Perfect excuse to huddle down in the chair, and soak up some football!!

And....what a great day for trenchers to window shop!! Prospects at other positions will be on display, to be sure...but I will let someone else sing their praise...

Here is my list of targets to check out for the oline while watching todays games...please forgive me if one or more are sitting out, I might have missed a report or two...

Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame- Pretend this guy is wearing a different jersey, and I bet you will like what you see...forget he is a golden domer, or your ire for TT...this guys floor so far is a long, solid career at RT in the NFL...but still evaluating.

Jackson Carman OT Clemson- This guy is on my to do list...I haven't payed attention to him, so I'm gonna enjoy my first hard look today.

Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama- Looking to see if he can keep his head, and play tech sound, disciplined football today...like the prospect a lot, but he is still technically rough at times.

Wyatt Davis OG and Josh Meyers OC Ohio St.- Two big time interior line prospects, they haven't wowed this season...but last years tape was good on both. Covid rust? Probably their last chance to show out....unless either is eligible for senior bowl.

Deonte Brown OG and Landon Dickerson OC Alabama- Another pair of interior oline prospects...I don't know jack about either of these guys, save for pundit write ups..

There are a few other later round prospects, but the above guys are on my list. Tough to watch and evaluate oline in these big games....too easy to get distracted by the action, these games are huge!! My Tivo is gonna get some work...but all that rewinding to rewatch and see what the oline did...means banked time to fast forward thru commercials....Whoop!!!
        I’ll take two of those please.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame- Pretend this guy is wearing a different jersey, and I bet you will like what you see...forget he is a golden domer, or your ire for TT...this guys floor so far is a long, solid career at RT in the NFL...but still evaluating.

Jackson Carman OT Clemson- This guy is on my to do list...I haven't payed attention to him, so I'm gonna enjoy my first hard look today.

Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama- Looking to see if he can keep his head, and play tech sound, disciplined football today...like the prospect a lot, but he is still technically rough at times.
          Eichenburg and Carman have been moving up my OT list as I watch more 2020 tape. ND vs Clemson 2020 game is a good example... and you get to watch both.
          Leatherwood has been moving down. His Georgia tape is nothing special.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
            Leatherwood is certainly a tough guy name. Sounds like a retired Marine turned vigilante, because somebody killed his little brother.

A John Wayne character name for sure.......”Gunnery Sergeant Leatherwood”.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

OMG!.... Alabama is certainly loaded talent-wise...... Najee Harris (insane athlete who just broke a long run after leaping over a standing LBer) would eliminate need for rotating a half dozen little backs all season....... and they are loaded at WR, OL, DL, CB..... etc..... and their new QB is not bad either....

They are dominating ND..... but TT, those helmets are pretty!.... lol

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

We need Justin Fields to shake off the rust, and have a big day....win or lose. No small feat in his matchup today...another crappy outing, and he could easily fall back into the teens...but if he can put together a solid performance, we might see him and Wilson go before we pick...that would be great for us, obviously...
                makes sense....the more QB's that go high, the more talented position players drop...... which is good for all teams that have QB's.....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

So far Eichenberg looks like a pro...only knock I can see is he could use a little more power...but a very good technician, very intelligent blocker.

Leatherwood just seems like a powerful clutz by comparison...should have got two holding calls so far.

My god, Bama is loaded...Harris and Smith are some serious temptations in the draft. Poor Irish are just hanging on...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

So far Eichenberg looks like a pro...only knock I can see is he could use a little more power...but a very good technician, very intelligent blocker.

Leatherwood just seems like a powerful clutz by comparison...should have got two holding calls so far.

My god, Bama is loaded...Harris and Smith are some serious temptations in the draft. Poor Irish are just hanging on...
                    I'm seeing the same thing. I also like the LG of the Irish.

It looks like Bama has a great advantage in foot speed - kind of like the Bolts playing the Chiefs.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

You can see Devonta Smiths bones when he runs. lol Its gross. That is a thin player.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I'm seeing the same thing. I also like the LG of the Irish.

It looks like Bama has a great advantage in foot speed - kind of like the Bolts playing the Chiefs.
                        Aaron Banks. If he comes out, he’ll be on my radar in late round 3 thru round 5ish.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

Leatherwood looks better at Pass Pro than Eichenberg right now. ND doesn't pass a lot, but Liam got burned pretty bad at least once.
                          I'm not that impressed with the ND OL in this game. Credit to Bama DL. Barmore has been disruptive and dominate.

Comment

Working...
                          X